Pop or back fire
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Pop or back fire

  1. #1
    Very Active Member T-peezie 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    olive branch , ms
    Posts
    261

    Default Pop or back fire

    Ok guys lately when I shift into second gear I get a loud pop or back fire sound. Any idea Whats causing this, and should I be concerned.

    Thanks

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member DeafM109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kyle, Texas
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-peezie 109 View Post
    Ok guys lately when I shift into second gear I get a loud pop or back fire sound. Any idea Whats causing this, and should I be concerned.

    Thanks

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez
    Have you done anything to your bike such as modifications? Need more details. Could be too lean gas.

    If you want to be happy for a day, Drink.
    If you want to be happy for a year, Marry.
    If you want to be happy for a lifetime, Ride a Motorcycle.

  4. #3
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    What intake, exhaust, and fuel management? Have you blocked the pair valve?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Have you had your exhaust off for any reason recently? Could be an exhaust leak.

  7. #5
    Very Active Member T-peezie 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    olive branch , ms
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Debaffle stock exhaust, xtre,

    Sorry but i dont know what a pair vavle is. I dont think i blocked it . Every thing is stock

    No i have not had the exhaust off for any reason.

    Sorry it has taken a few days been a lil busy!

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez

  8. #6
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-peezie 109 View Post
    Debaffle stock exhaust, xtre,

    Sorry but i dont know what a pair vavle is. I dont think i blocked it . Every thing is stock

    No i have not had the exhaust off for any reason.

    Sorry it has taken a few days been a lil busy!

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez
    Here is the link. It sort of explains it, and could help with your issues.

    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96869

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  9. #7
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Thanks Dreamer! I missed his post somehow.

  10. #8
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Thanks Dreamer! I missed his post somehow.
    I'm guessing since he gutted his exhaust and prob running k&n or aftermarket intake without fuel management. Blocking the pair valve would be the only option. But would highly recommend a fuel mgr.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  11. #9
    Very Active Member T-peezie 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    olive branch , ms
    Posts
    261

    Default

    No Dreamer i am still running stock air filter and intake. Its the plan for winter mods to get a power commander and have the guy from here reprogram my ecu( i think thats what it is called)

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez

  12. #10
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-peezie 109 View Post
    No Dreamer i am still running stock air filter and intake. Its the plan for winter mods to get a power commander and have the guy from here reprogram my ecu( i think thats what it is called)

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez
    Ok, if your still running stock airfilters. Then I think the pair valve mod should help you out. I couldnt tell from your avatar if you had aftermarket intakes. And its a cheap mod. Some buy the plates, others have used marbles.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  13. #11
    Very Active Member T-peezie 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    olive branch , ms
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Ok thanks

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez

  14. #12
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-peezie 109 View Post
    Ok thanks

    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez
    I dont know the exact purpose of the lair valve, but blocking them off has helped several with decel pop. I'm betting that once you opened up the exhaust it might have certain times it runs a bit lean, decel pop. Hope it fixes the issue for you.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  15. #13
    Very Active Member T-peezie 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    olive branch , ms
    Posts
    261

    Default




    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez

  16. #14
    Very Active Member SKIDMARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND
    Posts
    9,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Ok, if your still running stock airfilters. Then I think the pair valve mod should help you out. I couldnt tell from your avatar if you had aftermarket intakes. And its a cheap mod. Some buy the plates, others have used marbles.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Taz has some real nice covers on his.

    RIDE ALL YOU CAN. LIFE IS SHORT.

  17. #15
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-peezie 109 View Post



    Keep Your Kneez in The Breez


    Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARK View Post
    Taz has some real nice covers on his.

    RIDE ALL YOU CAN. LIFE IS SHORT.
    Here is the link with pic's to Taz's pair valve block off plates.

    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289529

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

  18. #16
    Very Active Member SKIDMARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND
    Posts
    9,224

    Default

    Seeeeeee. Bliiiiiiiing. Very nice.

    RIDE ALL YOU CAN. LIFE IS SHORT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->