Ordering Suzuki GEL seat question?

Thread: Ordering Suzuki GEL seat question?

Very Active Member

Default Ordering Suzuki GEL seat question?

I just want to be sure before I order. Does this come with the driver and passenger seats?

Full Cut CARBON Textured 990A0-71022-CRB

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yes. I'm pretty sure if you want the driver's seat only you have to go aftermarket. I love mine. My stock seat was great for the first 15000 miles. Then on my last 560 mile ride home from Las Vegas I hurt so bad. So I found a new gel seat on the forum for a great deal. I'm glad I did because I love it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I just read my comment. I have the Suzuki gel seat. On the colder days or nights it is a bit harder at first. But it softens up right away and it keeps my butt warm. It really holds the body heat.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by David327 View Post
    I just read my comment. I have the Suzuki gel seat. On the colder days or nights it is a bit harder at first. But it softens up right away and it keeps my butt warm. It really holds the body heat.

Thanks a bunch! I have poker run the first week in June and need my new 9 ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfire68 View Post
    Thanks a bunch! I have poker run the first week in June and need my new 9 ready.
    Cool. If you go with the Suzuki one with the passenger seat on it looks cool. The rear has M109R on the back.

Very Active Member

Cool. If you go with the Suzuki one with the passenger seat on it looks cool. The rear has M109R on the back.

Ordered it from Partzilla.com for $207 shipped.

That's a great price. I paid 200 bucks shipped for mine. The guy installed it and realized he needed a full cut because the regular cut pushed him to close. Regular cut is perfect for me with my short legs and the wife in the back.

Very Active Member

That's a great price. I paid 200 bucks shipped for mine. The guy installed it and realized he needed a full cut because the regular cut pushed him to close. Regular cut is perfect for me with my short legs and the wife in the back.

I wanted the regular cut but could not find one new for sale. I am 6' but I feel like I am reaching for the bars and pegs. We will see I have not ridden it yet so I may fit better when wearing boots and gear.

I knew I needed a non-standard seat right away and from the feedback I have read the GEL seat is a good option.

I have the Full cut and love it, so much better looking then OEM. The M109 text looks crap...

KEEP RIDING HARD

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by snickaren View Post
    I have the Full cut and love it, so much better looking then OEM. The M109 text looks crap...

Thanks for the photos. I was not buying for looks but rather comfort and if it looks better to boot that is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Xfire68 View Post
    I wanted the regular cut but could not find one new for sale. I am 6' but I feel like I am reaching for the bars and pegs. We will see I have not ridden it yet so I may fit better when wearing boots and gear.

I knew I needed a non-standard seat right away and from the feedback I have read the GEL seat is a good option.
    You can look in to some 1 1/2 or 2 inch risers. I've heard that will help a lot. I'm not positive, but I think you can get away without changing your clutch and brake cables. Good luck

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

Same seat I have. Its not full cut. If it is...I've been misled.

This is the full cut. Follow the back of the seat, and the seams running down.
    Totally different. I ordered a 'FULL CUT' and it was a Regular.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m2VK_C0ughGBX-5nc8OqhsQ.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	317553
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

Very Active Member

I have a full cut and it looks like the one in the photo posted by snickaren. It is much better fitting for my size (big and long) than the regular gel seat.

The "Full cut" we have...arent the models that give more leg distance.
    The one I posted the small pic of does. I've sat on both, hence why I
    ordered a "full cut". The ones we have...not nearly the same.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

This is really wierd

So we all ordered the Full cut but got something else

But I think I got my butt further back then with the OEM seat...

KEEP RIDING HARD

Default OEM part numbers

Does anyone have the Regular cut OEM part number. Just wondering why they are shipping the wrong item. Anyone remember what the code was on the seat when you received it. I am liking the fatter version but afraid of getting the wrong one especially from ebay.

This is really wierd

So we all ordered the Full cut but got something else

But I think I got my butt further back then with the OEM seat...

990A0-71021-CBR (I think) but when looking around, I got the perception ,they don't make regular cut any more!

Very Active Member

"Richard" on this forum has the regular cut gel seat. I have the full cut gel seat and it sets me back further than stock and further than the regular cut. I am very happy with mine. It is very comfortable compared to the OEM butt burner.

I found this info .
    the picture show difference between two seat full cut and standard .
    according to this , I have got the full cut and I'm very happy with the result, is very comfortable even for the passenger ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	318433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	318441  
    Last edited by Theowl; 05-02-2016 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernFattie View Post
    Same seat I have. Its not full cut. If it is...I've been misled.

This is the full cut. Follow the back of the seat, and the seams running down.
    Totally different. I ordered a 'FULL CUT' and it was a Regular.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m2VK_C0ughGBX-5nc8OqhsQ.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	317553
    So I am so confused, I am in the market for a new seat as well, but this one with the smallest back is the one that I want, so is that the part number 990A0-71022-CRB or it is something else??
    Last edited by BAMF109R; 05-02-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Word mis-spelled
    2007 M109R Limited Edition, Cobra FI2000R Power Pro, Freedom Exhaust, DLX Prodox 3" Spike Chrome Studded Gunner Forward Controls/Grips/Levers, Ducks Air Covers, Wrap LED Turn Signals

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF109R View Post
    So I am so confused, I am in the marked for a new seat as well, but this one with the smallest back is the one that I want, so is that the part number 990A0-71022-CRB or it is something else??
    I can take some measurements for you in a couple of hours...

KEEP RIDING HARD

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    I have a full cut and it looks like the one in the photo posted by snickaren. It is much better fitting for my size (big and long) than the regular gel seat.
    I agree. I bought one off a member here. Noticed right away, after installing it, that I sit further back than I did with the stock seat. That and the one inch drop risers make for a pretty aggressive riding position on a M109R.

Not only that, I like the look of it better than the stock seat. And don't like the look of that seat with the real thin back side at all.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

The seat that I have, which is the thicker one...DOES sit further back than stock. The thinner one sits even further.
    But its not enough for me. So I had my stocker modified. My stocker sits down, and back moreso than my gel.
    ONLY because it was altered.

I want he thinner one. If anyone has one and wants the full cut (so they say) I'll trade and pay shipping, both ways.

Could it be so that the extra extra thin is an older model ? Just thinking out loud...

KEEP RIDING HARD

Okay here we go, took some measures today. Sorry about the metric numbers...

KEEP RIDING HARD

990A0-71021-CBR (I think) but when looking around, I got the perception ,they don't make regular cut any more!
    So this is the seat I want, Oneidasuzuki list it, but I have not verified it with them. No where else can I find it. Full cut I can find all day long. Is this a reputable dealer, as I don't want full cut if it sits me further back, that would make it to uncomfortable.