Dreading motor mount replacement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Dreading motor mount replacement

  1. #31
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    he said : '' . I left the site some time back because of comments by another member ''

    I missed that , I don't come here as much as before , my moto trip to Arizona and Utah ruined biking
    for me in my neighborhood , so little to see here , in the 5 months of riding available.


    i sure had TRod ( Tracy ) as ''thick skinned'', wonder who hurt him ?
    no idea. I would have thought he was thicker skinned than that too. Not sure who it was, but as many people have left, there is a good chance whoever it was is no longer here either. He should try coming back.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Very Active Member thevili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nitra, Slovakia
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    he said : '' . I left the site some time back because of comments by another member ''

    I missed that , I don't come here as much as before , my moto trip to Arizona and Utah ruined biking
    for me in my neighborhood , so little to see here , in the 5 months of riding available.


    i sure had TRod ( Tracy ) as ''thick skinned'', wonder who hurt him ?
    I do not think anyone hurt him, how I see it, he just had
    enough of *Skidmark*, and *biker-chicky* and theitr
    smartass posts. TRod aka Tracy was/is, an expert in many
    Suzuki and other big bikes, a huge help to many of us.
    I certainly miss his educational posts here, which were
    always well explained, at least to me.. lol...

  4. #33
    Very Active Member Kazimodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montreal subburb
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    I do not think anyone hurt him, how I see it, he just had
    enough of *Skidmark*, and *biker-chicky* and theitr
    smartass posts. TRod aka Tracy was/is, an expert in many
    Suzuki and other big bikes, a huge help to many of us.
    I certainly miss his educational posts here, which were
    always well explained, at least to me.. lol...
    Hello Evil , i remember that chicky member , always right ......not too impressive ...
    enough to leave ..

    skidmark was a Australian guy right with hundred stickers on his bike , nothing wrong with him I tought ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buja3ape.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	388852  
    Last edited by Kazimodo; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:22 PM.
    Every Time You Lift Your Tank Beware Of This .

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    I do not think anyone hurt him, how I see it, he just had
    enough of *Skidmark*, and *biker-chicky* and theitr
    smartass posts. TRod aka Tracy was/is, an expert in many
    Suzuki and other big bikes, a huge help to many of us.
    I certainly miss his educational posts here, which were
    always well explained, at least to me.. lol...

    I remember all that drama a while back. Too bad it was the reason so many great members stopped hanging out here.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  7. #35
    Very Active Member thevili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nitra, Slovakia
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    Hello Evil , i remember that chicky member , always right ......not too impressive ...
    enough to leave ..

    skidmark was a Australian guy right with hundred stickers on his bike , nothing wrong with him I tought ...
    Watch it Kaz!
    You might get in trouble, Skidmark is a "KIWI", proud New Zealander...

  8. #36
    Very Active Member Kazimodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Montreal subburb
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    from over here , that is pretty close , same planet is good enough for me ........
    is it something like not good to call a '' Irish'' <--> '' scotish '' and vice versa ?
    Every Time You Lift Your Tank Beware Of This .

  9. #37
    Very Active Member thevili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nitra, Slovakia
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    from over here , that is pretty close , same planet is good enough for me ........
    is it something like not good to call a '' Irish'' <--> '' scotish '' and vice versa ?
    Hehe,
    I am not going there my friend, but I think,.. wait,
    I know,... Kiwis do not like to be called Ausies...

  10. #38
    Very Active Member asillito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken these are what you're looking for.

    http://secure.billydump.com/store/in...&productId=287
    While I don't know if there is an impact, when I got my mounts from Scorp I was give 2 difference densities ... a set for the front and a different density/colour for the rear. I am aware that the mount tongue weight is different from the front/back and in theory would require different densities for the mounts. Your ad says you can use these same mounts anywhere on the bike ... I'm not sure if that would be a correct/accurate statement.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

  11. #39
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    While I don't know if there is an impact, when I got my mounts from Scorp I was give 2 difference densities ... a set for the front and a different density/colour for the rear. I am aware that the mount tongue weight is different from the front/back and in theory would require different densities for the mounts. Your ad says you can use these same mounts anywhere on the bike ... I'm not sure if that would be a correct/accurate statement.
    The reason the stock lower front mounts wear faster is because they are a softer material. The softer material dampens vibrations more. Several of us have used the stock rear mounts in place of the softer front mounts. You get less wear on the mounts with the harder material, but you do get slightly more vibration. The increased vibration isn’t enough to make a difference, at least for me anyway. The ones that Scorp, and TRod have made are a harder material that does not wear as fast. You will most likely get a little more vibration with them similar to the harder stock rear mounts. That’s really the only difference though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->