Interesting 9 up for sale on EBay, apparently John Baron involved

Thread: Interesting 9 up for sale on EBay, apparently John Baron involved

Very Active Member

Default Interesting 9 up for sale on EBay, apparently John Baron involved

Last edited by BoardMod; 04-21-2016 at 06:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very interesting air box/filters.

Definitely unique but not my taste

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Completely custom one of a kind?!?! It a nice bike. Not really my taste. Considering the fact that Baron put his name on it, I was expecting it to be more custom than that. It doesn't look like he did that much to it if you really look at it. Custom fenders, chin, paint, polish, Tach delete, R2 headlight, aftermarket signals, floorboards, and ape hangers. Deleted the left air intake and fabricated a dual Velocity Stack intake on the right. The exhaust looks awful! I would say the exhaust is probably one of a kind... for good reason. lol

In case you can't tell, I'm really not impressed. There are a lot nicer 9's on this site with a lot more work done to them. I guess based off of that bike, almost everyone on this site has a completely custom one of a kind cruiser!!!

What he said haha

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Back then even S h itty car with no paint and a flux capacitor was cool. Weren't you there?

I agree the air box was the only thing that stood out besides the color and it wasn't to impressive. Fighter Jet 9 was more interesting than this, lol. Terrible idea, but interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARK View Post
    Back then even S h itty car with no paint and a flux capacitor was cool. Weren't you there?
    Yeah, I was there... but that was a different "John" wasn't it Skid?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Yeah, I was there... but that was a different "John" wasn't it Skid?
    Lol. Lateral think much. Nice.

Even Twister was a good game......

I may be off here....but last year someone tried to sell this bike. A female from Indianapolis. Can't remember if it was on the forum or not. Only difference was a custom seat. And if I'm correct...we saw this bike in at MotoGP. Some guy was bragging about drag racing anyone. Same bike? Maybe Baron's name, not Baron....

I remember that. Same for sure. Pulled off before Winter. Good Memory bro.

Very Active Member

Completely custom one of a kind?!?! It a nice bike. Not really my taste. Considering the fact that Baron put his name on it, I was expecting it to be more custom than that. It doesn't look like he did that much to it if you really look at it. Custom fenders, chin, paint, polish, Tach delete, R2 headlight, aftermarket signals, floorboards, and ape hangers. Deleted the left air intake and fabricated a dual Velocity Stack intake on the right. The exhaust looks awful! I would say the exhaust is probably one of a kind... for good reason. lol

In case you can't tell, I'm really not impressed. There are a lot nicer 9's on this site with a lot more work done to them. I guess based off of that bike, almost everyone on this site has a completely custom one of a kind cruiser!!!
    Don't like.....

Very Active Member

I don't really like it, just thought it was an interesting specimen.....i had not seen this before. I agree, it looks like a paint job with fenders and ape hangers. The intakes are strange.

Here is the verbage from the sale
    This exceptional custom motorcycle was created for Suzuki Motor Corporation in 2007 by Master Builder and Arizona Bike Week Motorcycle Hall of Fame member John Vaughan-Chaldy aka John Baron the founder of Baron Custom Accessories aka The Grandfather of metric customizing. Rides & runs beautifully, it is also very powerful and quite fast. It handles effortlessly and is very comfortable to ride. Suzuki's original request was for John Baron to pay homage to American muscle cars, John chose to use that request to pay tribute to one of his design heroes Carroll Shelby and his 1965 AC Cobra. This bike features hand sculpted fenders and a one of a kind lower scoop and low slung side exhaust. The handlebars are 1.25" diameter 17" ape hangers. The side draft velocity stacks give the bike added impact and the bright red with white dual racing stripe paint completes the tribute to the AC Cobra. This bike has only 1990 miles on it. It was originally to be used for 1 year on the U.S. motorcycle show tour, and was so popular, it was kept on the U.S. for 2 years and then sent out on the International for a 1 year stint. It was then retired and placed on display in Suzuki's Headquarters before being returned as a gift to John Baron. The bike was also featured and used by John Baron on ESPN's builder show Metric Revolution. This Bike has a huge list of custom features and is the ultimate Suzuki custom choppers.

FUGLY

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

Does. Not. Flow.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

Hasn't this bike been up for sale before. I don't remember all of the post but wasn't this the guy posting stuff about drag racing people. I'll have to go back and do a search but I'm pretty sure this bike was up for sale at some point last year

nice work,different take on the air filters tho im not feeling the love of this ride

Very Active Member

An interesting way to unimprove a motorcycle.

This bike was on this blog already almost six years ago in this post: https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post1325472

M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    This bike was on this blog already almost six years ago in this post: https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post1325472

I guess the other picture in the same post from that link had me distracted... I didn't even notice the bike until you posted the picture here!

I guess the other picture in the same post from that link had me distracted... I didn't even notice the bike until you posted the picture here!
    I don't think anyone here blames you....
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Yikes.