TRE?

Thread: TRE?

Default TRE?

Hey everyone. I just went through 5 pages searching for the word TRE. Haven't seen a thread yet, so I am starting one.

What is a good brand TRE to get? No hating on anyone's answers please. Looking at getting one real soon and have no idea on what to get.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FMWA View Post
    Hey everyone. I just went through 5 pages searching for the word TRE. Haven't seen a thread yet, so I am starting one.

What is a good brand TRE to get? No hating on anyone's answers please. Looking at getting one real soon and have no idea on what to get.

Thanks
    There are 2 different versions of TRE, ATRE and XTRE. The XTRE is for newer bikes 2011 and up that have a gear indicator (GI) from the factory. For your 2008, you will need an ATRE. You have the the option of getting an ATRE or an ATRE with GI if you would like that feature. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the google search box. It works much better than the one on the top right of the page. Search for "ATRE" and you will find everything you ever wanted to know... and then some!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    There are 2 different versions of TRE, ATRE and XTRE. The XTRE is for newer bikes 2011 and up that have a gear indicator (GI) from the factory. For your 2008, you will need an ATRE. You have the the option of getting an ATRE or an ATRE with GI if you would like that feature. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the google search box. It works much better than the one on the top right of the page. Search for "ATRE" and you will find everything you ever wanted to know... and then some!
    Thanks for the heads up. Ordering my ATRE and Air Intake tomorrow. Man I am getting hook on mods now..

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Here is the one that I bought, excellent quality, works perfectly and is plug and play meaning you don't have to cut or splice wires at all. Perfect IMHO.

http://www.trackdayelectronics.com/gear_emulator.php

Hope that helps.
    2007 M109R Limited Edition, Cobra FI2000R Power Pro, Freedom Exhaust, DLX Prodox 3" Spike Chrome Studded Gunner Forward Controls/Grips/Levers, Ducks Air Covers, Wrap LED Turn Signals

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF109R View Post
    Here is the one that I bought, excellent quality, works perfectly and is plug and play meaning you don't have to cut or splice wires at all. Perfect IMHO.

http://www.trackdayelectronics.com/gear_emulator.php

Hope that helps.

Looking into buying a Healtech Gipro with ATRE Series Gear Indicator

I certainly hope this helps with your throttle sensitivity issue we discussed via text messages yesterday. I may opt to get a new one with the gear indication feature, even though I really don't need it. I'm usually pretty good keeping that number in my head. Just seems like a neat addition.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by FMWA View Post

Thanks
    Read this, post #11:
    https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...=1#post1806047
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

What is the purpose of the xtre, I brought my 2014 limited 9 last year, I hear people talking about it alot now

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Very Active Member SouthernFattie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreday1615 View Post
    What is the purpose of the xtre, I brought my 2014 limited 9 last year, I hear people talking about it alot now

Both ATRE & XTRE fool the ECU to think the bike is always in 4th gear.
    This is because 4th gear is 100% full power.
    ATRE is for bikes without the gear indicator in the tachometer.
    XTRE keeps the gear indicator working. ATRE will work, but gear indicator will be funny.
    Custom Z-Bars. Chromed Holey Grips. Scythe Knock Off Mirrors. Bullet Turn Signals. GMan ATRE. Cobra PowrPro (thanks Laurex). McNEMO Custom Rat Rod Exhaust. Custom Polished & Painted Stock Wheels. Smoked & Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light. Stealth LED signals under rear fender. De-beavered with plate mount. Edelbrock ProFlow Intakes. Plasti-dipped Speedo Housing, Chrome Rear Fender Rails, Tach Box and Chrome on Headlight Cowl.

Is it necessary for newer bikes?