I'm starting belt conversion of m109R
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I'm starting belt conversion of m109R

Default I'm starting belt conversion of m109R

Hi, guys!

I'm running a small machine shop, making custom bikes here in Russia.

I have a client that wants to convert m109r to a belt drive, make a one-sided swingarm and put a 360 rear wheel. (240 front also :))

I want to start topic and post pictures of the conversion process here.

Right now I've made a test welded swingarm, and I'm making a reverse reductor to make pulley rotate in the right direction. I'll make test plate today, I think.

Last edited by Shishkinnick; 04-20-2016 at 10:03 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

A 3D model of reverse reductor.

Wrote a name of the thread with mistakes :) Can someone change "startion" to "starting"

UPD. Fixed it myself :)
    Last edited by Shishkinnick; 04-20-2016 at 10:03 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Well you got me hooked and i am along for the ride. Looks like an awesome start to a huge project and i cant wait to see your finished product. Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your work here with us.

I see that you have already removed the secondary drive gear from the motor. Would you mind sharing with the forum how exactly you managed to do this please?
    Thanks again
    Last edited by Latinrascal; 05-03-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Very Active Member

Interesting looks like you have a lot of patience and talent look forward to following your project!

"Frankenstein" but I see the potential. I also look forward to seeing the finished product. good luck!
    "2016 M109r B.O.S.S."

Quite the project,luv the look of the swingarm..havn't been many radical builds on here,I'll be following also...thanks for sharing
    Stav

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Quite the project,luv the look of the swingarm..havn't been many radical builds on here,I'll be following also...thanks for sharing
    Apperantly you have not had the pleasure of seeing the bikes that some of our German and Asian friends have posted! Some very unique and radical designs have been brought to life by our brothers from across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    Well you got me hooked and i am along for the ride. Looks like an awesome start to a huge project and i cant wait to see your finished product. Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your work here with us.

I see that you hage already removed the secondary drive gear from the motor. Would you mind sharing with the forum how exactly you managed to do this please?
    Thanks again
    It's not that hard to get off. A standard tapered bearing puller plate just tightened down behind the gear pulls it off. There's a video from some9 that shows it being done.

Looks like you really know what you're doing! I thought I was pretty talented when I debeavered my nine with no help lol! This is a million times to technical for me but I will enjoy watching the progress. Look forward to seeing future pictures.

Debadged, Debeavered, Tach Relo, Custom faceplates, Stealth LED Turns, Gregg's Sidemount, Coastal Moto Wheels, 280mm, 2" Bones, Freedom P. Exhaust, Derby, Axle Spikes, Irate Grill, Chin Scoop, Croc Seat, Lots of Chrome

I love it! Looks gorgeous!!

Here is my fat all round M109R...

Name:  Boulevard1.JPG
Views: 2839
Size:  62.8 KB
    Last edited by M109FAN; 04-20-2016 at 12:29 PM.

When you do the process make sure you document it and create molds. So when your done I can send my bike to Russia and you can do mine!! lol

I can't wait to see it either. I definitely will be checking back for this beast!!!

That swingarm is awesome looking will definitely be paying attention to your build
    06 custom, dripping in chrome....lowered front and rear ....160/280....custom paint....:BOTM AUG 2014

Good luck with your build can't wait to see finished project

Nice work so far.. love the idea.. will be following this post.. I'm so jealous of those who can fabricate. Can not wait to see the finished bike!
    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Spike Air, Fully Open Stock Exhaust, Gman Bully, Gman ATRE,Gman lean sensors, Drivers back rest, Hiway lamps and HID running lights, LED Rear Lights, Running Bridgestone Exedra Max tires .. let's see how they last

Looks like some of the single side swing arms that are out there for sportbikes only fatter-I like. Can't wait to see the finished bike

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    It's not that hard to get off. A standard tapered bearing puller plate just tightened down behind the gear pulls it off. There's a video from some9 that shows it being done.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah it don't look to hard at all, good info in case i ever need to pull the gear.
    Last edited by Latinrascal; 04-23-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Looks great and your very talented. ..don't care for the 240 front tire though....keep us posted.
    Kenny
    THE UGLY TRUTH...................

Definitely following! Looking good so far!

BOTM - January 2016
    2011 M109R LE....Not quite stock!
    I'm only GRUMPY when I'm not riding 1SICK9!

You have my attention.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Now that is something I haven't seen done before! Be sure to keep this thread updated with your progress. Looking good so far!

That's what I like! Going outside of the normal box we have grown used to. Looks great can't wait to see when finished.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Air Ride, Irate Grill, LED turn signals,Trick True Fire paint with Dragons,Over 500 LEDS,TI Peg feelers, Freedom exhaust. Coastal Moto Chrome rim 10" 300 Avon, SUMO-X 26"Rim tire /Dam Guy's Custom Fender, Modded Swing arm, SUMO-X 9 Degree Triple trees.

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    You have my attention.
    And that's pretty damn hard to do.

MT VERNON, NY ( More than likely im on the bike, i could be anywhere )

might have to come back to the M109 Family if this item is available.........tick tock
    You only live once so , dont talk about it, be about it !

I'm always interested in making really hard projects.

Here's a picture of Yamaha XV1900 that I've made before. It has one-sided CNC machined swingarm, front 180 and rear 360 wheels. Fully new front end - KTM USD forks, non-cutted triple trees, hell-hard-to-machine handlbar etc.

This is the creation process. I think I'll make something like that with M109r later. Suzuki has several problematical parts to calculate without full 3D scan that I can't afford right now. So I started from the other side: First I make swingarm, them I take dimensions from it. I hope to make it move in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishkinnick View Post
    I'm always interested in making really hard projects.

Here's a picture of Yamaha XV1900 that I've made before. It has one-sided CNC machined swingarm, front 180 and rear 360 wheels. Fully new front end - KTM USD forks, non-cutted triple trees, hell-hard-to-machine handlbar etc.

This is the creation process. I think I'll make something like that with M109r later. Suzuki has several problematical parts to calculate without full 3D scan that I can't afford right now. So I started from the other side: First I make swingarm, them I take dimensions from it. I hope to make it move in June.

Wow you have some fabrication talent and skills. Most of us dare not dream of something like this due to either expense or lack of creativity.
    It may be an EXCELLENT idea to do as mentioned in a previous post, and make a jig for that swing arm, and drive setup so that we can purchase a conversion kit.
    That swingarm is BAD AS!
    Very nice work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ausdog View Post
    Wow you have some fabrication talent and skills. Most of us dare not dream of something like this due to either expense or lack of creativity.
    It may be an EXCELLENT idea to do as mentioned in a previous post, and make a jig for that swing arm, and drive setup so that we can purchase a conversion kit.
    That swingarm is BAD AS!
    Very nice work!!!
    Thanks!

My work came out of motorcycle hobby and came to a new level with experience of metalwork.

I'm running a group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/doomsdaymachines/ There are lots of pictures of my work. I'm trying to update it regulary.

BTW. Finished test plate for the reversing. There's a lot more to do. :)

Wow, can't wait to see the final result. КРУТО!!!! . Молодец!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Happiness is a motorcycle, a full tank of gas and a long twisty road.

Quote Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
    Looks like some of the single side swing arms that are out there for sportbikes only fatter-I like. Can't wait to see the finished bike
    I think you found your next major mod.

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK