over size
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: over size

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan.
    Posts
    4

    Default over size

    I want to go a size bigger on the front tire, what is best tire to use? I'm getting Dunlop E3 for the back, I looked up 140/70r18 didn't see that size or I typed in the wrong size

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,577

    Post

    My front is Dunlop 251 150/60/18 and rear Dunlop E3. I paid $212 for the front and $168 for the rear.

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  4. #3
    Very Active Member bwl60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    High Rolls Mountain Park, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/dunlo...otorcycle-tire
    Dunlop D251 Motorcycle Tire 150/60-18 $133.87

    SMOKIN PRICE!

    98% of all Harleys solld are still on the road...the other 2% made it back home

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,388

    Default

    Doesn't Dunlop make the E3 in a 160/6018?. When I bought my 2008, it had a Dunlop 160/6018 on the front, and a 250/40 or 45/18 on the back. I've had nothing but great success with all of the 160/6018 front tires on my 9s, and all of them (with the exception of the Dunlop tire) have been Metzeler tires. My recommendation would be to go with the Metzeler 160/60/18 front, and the Metzeler 260/40/18 rear, if you're running the stock wheels on your 9.

  7. #5
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,577

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by BCRUZN View Post
    Doesn't Dunlop make the E3 in a 160/6018?. When I bought my 2008, it had a Dunlop 160/6018 on the front, and a 250/40 or 45/18 on the back. I've had nothing but great success with all of the 160/6018 front tires on my 9s, and all of them (with the exception of the Dunlop tire) have been Metzeler tires. My recommendation would be to go with the Metzeler 160/60/18 front, and the Metzeler 260/40/18 rear, if you're running the stock wheels on your 9.
    According to Dunlop's website, E3 130/70/18 is the only size for our bikes.

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  8. #6
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,577

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by bwl60 View Post
    http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/dunlo...otorcycle-tire
    Dunlop D251 Motorcycle Tire 150/60-18 $133.87
    SMOKIN PRICE!
    That's a Great Deal...Good find!

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  9. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan.
    Posts
    4

    Default anyother question

    Thank you for your help. I have another question who do you use to find Barnette clutch kits or another brand that is close to it? I checked JP Cycle, Dennis Kirk, Amazon, and eBay. Did not find it.

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Garner, North Carolina
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I'm currently running Metzeler 130 front and 280 rear, with after market wheels. Can I go bigger up front I see someone mentioned a 140 and 150. How's the ride? Always looking for more comfort and a better look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->