Almost creamed by another biker

Thread: Almost creamed by another biker

Default Almost creamed by another biker

Headed home from work I see two bikes off to the side of the road and as I'm coming up on them without warning one of them pulls right out in front of me without even looking! I had a car coming towards me in the other lane so I hit the throttle and blasted by him. Probably scared the chit out of him, was close enough I could have slapped him, lord knows I wanted to!! I thought it was cages we had to watch out for doing careless things, not so much our brothers! They weren't even sport bikers, just a couple of older guys on cruisers!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It's not just cagers we have to be prepared for, it's EVERYTHING!!! My vision has widened and lengthened and it's because I ride......and it's NOT because I live in the land of the grey hair (which includes myself) it's because people have become less and less aware and to involved in toys/phones/themselves/"whatever".....

Ride defensively, predict behavior, look further down the road, use your peripheral vision, be safe and get home every night!

Carry on.....Go for a ride....
    Go Big or Go Home
    '07 RED -
    Cycle House Big Air intakes, Debadged/Debeavered, PC III, Kuy grips and pegs, 50 watt driving lights, 260 Metz., sport windshield, chrome wheels, Gen III Knight Rider, Drivers Backrest, Dragon Tail Light, Derby and Side Lic Frame, +2 risers, 5" Cannon.

Couldn't agree with you more!
    My wife doesn't ride a bike and I can definitely see a difference in the way we drive our cages. My eyes are all over the place looking for distracted drivers.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Most long time, high mileage riders are alive because we ride and drive defensively.

Glad that you guys were not involved in an accident. On daily commute between work and home here in Cape Town I am more concerned about mini busses and wild life on or crossing the road than anything else. Last week I almost hit a cow crossing a main arterial road.

Stay safe guys and keep both eyes on the road ahead and to the sides at all time.
    "RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinosmash View Post
    Headed home from work I see two bikes off to the side of the road and as I'm coming up on them without warning one of them pulls right out in front of me without even looking! I had a car coming towards me in the other lane so I hit the throttle and blasted by him. Probably scared the chit out of him, was close enough I could have slapped him, lord knows I wanted to!! I thought it was cages we had to watch out for doing careless things, not so much our brothers! They weren't even sport bikers, just a couple of older guys on cruisers!

I was cruising at 45mph on a two lane back road when two sport bikes came out of nowhere. One passed on the left and one on the right side had to be going 100mph. They literally sucked the paint off my bike. When I caught up with them at a stoplight, I had a talk with them about how dangerous that was. They understood where I was coming from about riding safe.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

I was creamed by another biker once. I had a 89 Suzuki 1100 Katana. He was on a CBR 600, late 80's version. Wanted to race, I didn't. When he launched off the light, he pulled up into a wheelie, lost control and ran into me. GRRRR!!!! Stupid riders.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Where I'm at its normally the snowbirds in cages we have to watch out for. No one uses turn signals, people driving 25mph under the limit (not an exaggeration)and I have seen more than my fair share of 90+ year old grannies driving the wrong way on the higway. You have to be heads up all the time or its lights out for sure!

This is a dangerous time of year for northern riders especially. Surprised at bikers acting that way.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
    Most long time, high mileage riders are alive because we ride and drive defensively.
    There are old riders, and there are bold riders. But there are no old bold riders.