Engine Ice

Thread: Engine Ice

Default Engine Ice

Just curious if anyone has used "Cycle Logics" Engine Ice in their M90 or even their 109. I know the claimed benefits of the product but was wondering if anyone uses it and their experience with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I've used Engine Ice in a few of my toys. Mostly Dirt Bikes, Quads and Scooters. Works really well. Have thought to put it in the M just cant stomach the cost to fill the rad with that stuff. Its a bit pricey....

Only real thing I don't like about engine ice is, once you use it its the only thing that you can put in the rad. It is NOT recommended that you mix engine ice with water or any other coolant. Not sure why? Some dirt bike guys I ride with have horror stories of adding coolant to Engine ice and it ruining their rads. I always thought it couldn't be that much of a problem if you just had to get home. Other than price that's the only reason I haven't switched.
    Don't wanna be on a road trip in the middle of nowhere, over heat and not be able to top up with water....

Granted I have never over heated the M. Just being cautious I guess.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leadsled View Post
    Just curious if anyone has used "Cycle Logics" Engine Ice in their M90 or even their 109. I know the claimed benefits of the product but was wondering if anyone uses it and their experience with it.
    Unless you have been experiencing overheating with your bike, why take the chance? I could certainly understand if you lived in a climate that is generally hot all or most of the time, but that's not your case. My recommendation is...don't waste your money on unnecessary changes, especially if there's no significant advantage.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Let’s not kid ourselves swapping coolant to Engine Ice is not going to break the bank. Depending on the age of your bike it might be worth it from a maintenance stand point.

https://www.amazon.ca/Engine-Ice-Hig...rds=engine+ice
    You’ll need 2 jugs to complete a coolant change. Each jug is 1.89L. Full change requires 2.7L. Your talking $70-$80 CAD tops.

Engine Ice claim to reduce operating temps by 10*F. We all know a cool engine is more efficient and makes more power. Personally I doubt you’ll ever notice any increase in power or mileage just from coolant. Either way it sure won’t hurt anything. Everyone on here has spent WAY more money doing MODs that have nothing to do with power and mileage. This is basically the same cost as new Grips, a Drive Shaft cover or even LED’s. None of those make your bike run better…

Either way it’s your call. If I didn’t do a large road trip on my bike every year I would have switched to Engine Ice just cause. As stated before my only concern would be that I can't top up with regular coolant or water if needed.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Very Active Member

The M109s are notorious for running at temperature even in hot climates.
    I would imagine the M90's are the same.

Since the thermostat controls the flow of coolant to proper temerature, not sure what a more efficient coolant would do??

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    The M109s are notorious for running at temperature even in hot climates.
    I would imagine the M90's are the same.

Since the thermostat controls the flow of coolant to proper temerature, not sure what a more efficient coolant would do??
    I agree. The thermostat will open and close for whatever its rated at regardless of whats in the bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    The thermostat will open and close for whatever its rated at regardless of whats in the bike.

Great point. I guess I forgot about that part of the cooling system.
    2009 M109 LE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Great point. I guess I forgot about that part of the cooling system.
    I have been riding in AZ for the past 7 years in temps 115+. The key I believe is changing the coolant every 2 years and making sure the fan kicks on when its suppose to. In AZ it takes all but 5 min in the summer for that to happen.

Default Engine Ice

I used it in my 109R after I had it for a few months. It does work well but you have to change it out regularly (annually) or it will start to gel. Some one told me that when I had it in my sport bike. It is true, it will gel up if not changed regularly. I wish I had taken pictures of my reservoir tanks for proof.

M109R-Limited Edition *** Corbin series 1 Fairing, Vance & Hines Bigshots, V&H Fuel manager, K&N Air filters, Goldwing Mod, Kuryakyn Black grips, Speakers, Foot pegs and Scythe Mirrors, Carbon fiber kit, Tank Bib, Debeavered, Powder coated Blue/White rims, Suzuki Engine Guard. Pair Valve mod, Motor mount mod, Push pin mod, Red Calipers. Steel braided brake lines front and rear, EBC double HH brake pads.