Latest mod. Denali Sound Bomb split dual tone air horn

Thread: Latest mod. Denali Sound Bomb split dual tone air horn

Default Latest mod. Denali Sound Bomb split dual tone air horn

So I bought a Stebel air horn a while back. I had made a mistake and didn't order the one that was completely chromed out. So before I returned it I took it and tried to find a place I would like it mounted. Only place I could find was where others had placed them. Left side front frame along side the radiator above the gear shifter. I wasn't completely happy with it there.

I found this different manufacture that has a model that's in two pieces. The horn and the compressor as separate pieces. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denal...-tone-air-horn

It took a while trying to find the right place for each half. I finally found a decent location behind the left passenger floor board for the horn. I never use the tool box so I turned that into the compressors location. Drilled a couple small holes for the wires and another for the air hose. Kept the holes as small as possible to keep the compressor clean and dry. The top of the compressor has a black plastic top I was able to pull off to save some space in the tool box. Just used a zip tie to strap the compressor in place. The horn has multiple attachment capabilities and I chose to just use the included heavy duty zip ties and strapped it to the frame behind the passenger floor board. Really simplified the whole mounting dilemma for that location. Its at a perfect angle with the bugle openings facing down at the ground at a perfectly tipped angle so not to collect water inside. Its all black plastic. Nothing to rust. It pretty much disappears in the spot I picked.

It is wicked loud and very happy with the way it tuned out. Attached pictures for anyone that wanted to try the same location looking for an alternative to the Stebel and Wolo horn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	028.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	307746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	307754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	031.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	307762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	032.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	307770  
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Saw a couple posts on air horns so I dug my old post out for the pics. Maybe this will help somebody.
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn