Could someone help me out with an experiment?

Thread: Could someone help me out with an experiment?

Default Could someone help me out with an experiment?

I just bought a new intake system and cobra powrpro along with some new spark plugs. I noticed after my installation of all my new stuff that I discovered a hesitation when I floor it in neutral. So thinking it must be the powrpro I just removed it and went back to stock. Slapped it back together to find the same hesitation as when it was connected. Only other thing is the spark plugs. I installed CR7's but found when I went to change them they were CR8's in the bike. I have another set of CR8's on order.

So heres the thing. I cant say for sure I have ever revved the engine like this before. So cant say for sure if what I am complaining about isn't just normal.

I would greatly appreciate if the next time somebody took their bike out for a ride, specially someone with an aftermarket intake system with a K&N type hi flow filter, To give the throttle a really quick full throttle rev from a dead idle. When I do this I hear the engine sucking in tons of air but it has a hesitation from all the air and fuel it just got dumped for a second and then races up to speed. Maybe this is normal I just don't know. I maybe chasing a normal condition. Please let me know what your findings are.

Thanks
    Last edited by TheFNG; 02-29-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Are your throttle cables properly adjusted? I would think that could cause some delay.
    2009 M109R LE
    2015 Boss tins, Custom speedo and tach faces and LEDs. ISO Grips. Brake Away Cruise control. Cobra Swepts. Debeavered, Fi200R Fuel management, polished risers and trees, SS Brake lines, ATRE, Custom forward controls. HID kit. Ultimate seat and backrest. Dunlop E3s, 250 rear, Plastidipped rims, cobra solo rack

Taps up quick n fast no hesitation no delay .running 2 k&n filters
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

OK, so I have an issue. Thanks 1r. Have to hope its the spark plugs. Maybe the heat range is that big of a deal. Or maybe I have one that got damaged in shipping and it has a hairline crack. might put the old ones back in tomorrow.

Hey 1r did you get the K&N's from that link I showed you?
    09' C109RT Thunder Teardrop Intakes;Cobra PowrPro;GIpro TRE/gear indicator;cobra exhaust;Tsukayu 7" Stereo/GPS Boox One Fairing;Tsukayu Jumbo Strong bags;fender chrome; Rear Master cylinder Chrome;Tank bib;headlight visor,driving light visors,speedo visor and directional visors;Throttle lock; Kuryakyn cup holder;Kuryakyn mirrors;Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highway pegs;TMS Trunk; zXe head light and driving light bulbs;Draggers;Denali air horn

No .. I'm running 5he bmw units that I model to fit where the stock filter went . I've had them about 4 years now I guess .. I did the drill mod to the pipes shortly after ( did 4 seperate half inch holes in each pipe ) .. the tre was the first mod done to the bike .
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !