M109 Rider Forums banner

Could someone help me out with an experiment?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  1r 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a new intake system and cobra powrpro along with some new spark plugs. I noticed after my installation of all my new stuff that I discovered a hesitation when I floor it in neutral. So thinking it must be the powrpro I just removed it and went back to stock. Slapped it back together to find the same hesitation as when it was connected. Only other thing is the spark plugs. I installed CR7's but found when I went to change them they were CR8's in the bike. I have another set of CR8's on order.

So heres the thing. I cant say for sure I have ever revved the engine like this before. So cant say for sure if what I am complaining about isn't just normal.

I would greatly appreciate if the next time somebody took their bike out for a ride, specially someone with an aftermarket intake system with a K&N type hi flow filter, To give the throttle a really quick full throttle rev from a dead idle. When I do this I hear the engine sucking in tons of air but it has a hesitation from all the air and fuel it just got dumped for a second and then races up to speed. Maybe this is normal I just don't know. I maybe chasing a normal condition. Please let me know what your findings are.

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Taps up quick n fast no hesitation no delay .running 2 k&n filters

#4 ·
OK, so I have an issue. Thanks 1r. Have to hope its the spark plugs. Maybe the heat range is that big of a deal. Or maybe I have one that got damaged in shipping and it has a hairline crack. might put the old ones back in tomorrow.

Hey 1r did you get the K&N's from that link I showed you?

#5 ·
No .. I'm running 5he bmw units that I model to fit where the stock filter went . I've had them about 4 years now I guess .. I did the drill mod to the pipes shortly after ( did 4 seperate half inch holes in each pipe ) .. the tre was the first mod done to the bike .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.