Final bought one!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final bought one!!!!

For trekie and Irontool (well maybe not Irontool since you like to fab your own stuff which is always cool)

You do know that both the shifter ,and brake lever ,can be bent
    I read that 9 years ago ,when first coming to this site
    use a lot of rags between the lever and 2 pipe wrenches
    and bend lever to fit your desired angle of approach for your foot
    I bent mine 9 years ago and there was no issues with the chrome on the shifter side
    and the brake lever was not chromed , you need to adjust this baby for your needs.
    Last edited by Kazimodo; 02-25-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Every Time You Lift Your Tank Beware Of This .

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thevili View Post
    I am with State Farm, and paying just under the $1000, all inclusive, but I have a car and the house under same 'umbrella ' with them,.. Also a clean record..., age 59...
    Congrats on the new machine Trek, I'm planning on picking mine up in about 3-4 weeks; I'm thinking; as I look out the office window at the snow coming down(SH&*$%). I've only checked one place so far for insurance and came up with the same $1200 quote. I'll be calling more places next week to see if I can get it any cheaper. The above sounds not bad for Ontario.

Keep us posted if you can find anywhere cheaper and I'll do the same.

Default Honda Shadow Spirit 750

After not riding for 12 years, I bought one too (an '05) orange of course, the last year of chain drive...then moved on to the M109R after 3 years...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda Shadow Spirit 750.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	307106  

Orange '08 M109R Sold
    '13 Yamaha VMAX
    '06 Yamaha Stratoliner "S"
    "Drink The Wind!"

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcoleman View Post
    Congrats on the new machine Trek, I'm planning on picking mine up in about 3-4 weeks; I'm thinking; as I look out the office window at the snow coming down(SH&*$%). I've only checked one place so far for insurance and came up with the same $1200 quote. I'll be calling more places next week to see if I can get it any cheaper. The above sounds not bad for Ontario.

Keep us posted if you can find anywhere cheaper and I'll do the same.
    Thanks brother, will do....since your in Ontario as well maybe we can connect....I'm in Caleden.
    Last edited by Trekie2; 03-01-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diggerdan View Post
    After not riding for 12 years, I bought one too (an '05) orange of course, the last year of chain drive...then moved on to the M109R after 3 years...
    I had the 05, black with red flames and when I was done the tank was the only stock item....miss the bike. I keep my bikes showroom fresh and the guy that bought it from me couldn't believe it was an 05....sold it at the beginning of last season....texted me the other day that his old lady slid into it in the garage and he needs to replace almost everything on left hand side....I was sad....mint for 10 years....scrap after 6 months in another's hands.

How did you find the riding position relative to the 9?
    Last edited by Trekie2; 03-01-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimodo View Post
    For trekie and Irontool (well maybe not Irontool since you like to fab your own stuff which is always cool)

You do know that both the shifter ,and brake lever ,can be bent
    I read that 9 years ago ,when first coming to this site
    use a lot of rags between the lever and 2 pipe wrenches
    and bend lever to fit your desired angle of approach for your foot
    I bent mine 9 years ago and there was no issues with the chrome on the shifter side
    and the brake lever was not chromed , you need to adjust this baby for your needs.
    I was just thinking...when I had my Spirit I installed 3" Mapan forwards on it and it actually gave a longer reach to the pegs than what the 109 has stock....so I will see how I feel when I ride her. I am actually 5' 8 1\2" and my old lady tells me that that 1\2" makes all the difference.... Not quite sure what's she's on about...

Welcome to 9er nation Trekie..I'm sure you'll luv the bike,2" pullback risers should do the trick for you..and if you need more ,then the standard cut gel seat will be more than enough
    Stav

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Welcome to 9er nation Trekie..I'm sure you'll luv the bike,2" pullback risers should do the trick for you..and if you need more ,then the standard cut gel seat will be more than enough
    Thanks man! See were close...love your town, just can't afford it...hope to see you out there...
    Last edited by Trekie2; 03-03-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Default So $1200 CDN is a good deal

I am with State Farm, and paying just under the $1000, all inclusive, but I have a car and the house under same 'umbrella ' with them,.. Also a clean record..., age 59...
    I have to take above statement of mine back!.
    Just received renewal, it turned out I was paying around $100 Cdn a month, but the renewal is now $1420 a year! (That is full coverage..) ... So $1200 is a good deal!
    Sorry...
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

I have to take above statement of mine back!.
    Just received renewal, it turned out I was paying around $100 Cdn a month, but the renewal is now $1420 a year! (That is full coverage..) ... So $1200 is a good deal!
    Sorry...
    I can't believed how bad us Canadians get screwed for insurance....well everything....time to move to the US!

Default Nice to see another Canuck on the board

One piece of advice that has yet to be mentioned is IF you are going to upgrade your seat, make that upgrade before deciding on any windscreen.

You'll need to figure out what your best riding position is first before getting a screen, as the seat will affect your ride 'height'. Some after market seats will push you forward, some will lift you up.

If you get the chance to go to MAM, you'll get to sit on a number of different seats and set ups, get the benefits of other' trials and errors. Being here on the wet west coast, we don't have such a meet over here. Maybe one day I'll make it to MAM.....

C

Default Right decision!

Welcome aboard my Canadian brother. I'm sure you'll enjoy the 109 as do all of us on this website. Keep an eye on the Canada forum on this website. There's a bike rally at Wasaga Beach in July you may be interested in attending. Hopefully, there will be several members at the rally. Enjoy your ride!

Debadged, Debeavered, Tach Relo, Custom faceplates, Stealth LED Turns, Gregg's Sidemount, Coastal Moto Wheels, 280mm, 2" Bones, Freedom P. Exhaust, Derby, Axle Spikes, Irate Grill, Chin Scoop, Croc Seat, Lots of Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by cdn109 View Post
    Welcome aboard my Canadian brother. I'm sure you'll enjoy the 109 as do all of us on this website. Keep an eye on the Canada forum on this website. There's a bike rally at Wasaga Beach in July you may be interested in attending. Hopefully, there will be several members at the rally. Enjoy your ride!
    Thanks brother! Looking forward to the Wasaga rally...ride upnseveral times a year....will be nice to see others on 9's....

Well, lots of talk about insurance in multiple different trends, but I mentioned earlier in this one that I'd call around for us Ontario gentlemen(ha). Best I found was 1271, Co-Op. Now I already am with CO with house and cars so that probably made a difference.

Funny things: All-State said they had really good prices, Co-Op said they did not have good rates, yet Co-Op beat AllState by 200 bucks. Also called a couple of places where their main business is motorcycle insurance; they were more than double. WTF. Also checked State Farm, off the cuff said it would be at least $3Gs, but weren't really interested in taking it further to give me a real quote.

Insurance business must be good, had to call some of the places more than once, they wouldn't call back...i guess they have too much business already and didn't want to take my money.

BTW. Cant wait to hit Wasaga in the summer, anyone know which weekend yet?

Well figured I'd update were and what I have been up to...picked up my 9 about a month ago and to be honest was a little unsure once I rode it home if the bike was for me....had the whole weight thing on my mind and the size....but to be honest I put about 1000 km on her so far and I can't seem to keep her parked!!! I don't feel the weight or the rear tire at all....figured how to shift her so the tranny is as smooth as silk....love the motor and the seating position. It is easier to reach all the controls and the forwards are closer than my Spirit was with the Mapan's on it.

I LOVE this bike!!! And of course cause I'm so nice....and handsome.I got my insurance for $1070.00 ...still got ripped off but feel like I got kissed before it happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Trekie2 View Post
    Well figured I'd update were and what I have been up to...picked up my 9 about a month ago and to be honest was a little unsure once I rode it home if the bike was for me....had the whole weight thing on my mind and the size....but to be honest I put about 1000 km on her so far and I can't seem to keep her parked!!! I don't feel the weight or the rear tire at all....figured how to shift her so the tranny is as smooth as silk....love the motor and the seating position. It is easier to reach all the controls and the forwards are closer than my Spirit was with the Mapan's on it.

I LOVE this bike!!! And of course cause I'm so nice....and handsome.I got my insurance for $1070.00 ...still got ripped off but feel like I got kissed before it happened...
    Don't we all live our nines!!
    Are you able to share the secret of your insurance deal?
    Thanks, Viliam
    M109R 2011 Black, 2" lowering bones, air horn, flash to pass garage door opener, Brakeaway Cruise Control, V-stream windshield, Back Off Brake hold, OEM engine guards, Cobra One Piece rear luggage carrier, Cobra Tri Pro 2 in 1 Black exhaust, Cobra FI 2000 AT fuel processor.

Don't we all live our nines!!
    Are you able to share the secret of your insurance deal?
    Thanks, Viliam
    Well I'm 51....so don't know if that affects I surance anymore...but I called up RBC and that's what they quoted me...based on what I read here thought it was a good deal so ran with it...looking g back I wonder if I should of also che k with the Melonex something...the TD insurance for group dicou ts as my co.pany has offered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekie2 View Post
    Well I'm 51....so don't know if that affects I surance anymore...but I called up RBC and that's what they quoted me...based on what I read here thought it was a good deal so ran with it...looking g back I wonder if I should of also che k with the Melonex something...the TD insurance for group dicou ts as my co.pany has offered it.
    Cool, I will check RBC then!!.. thanks! 60 in 60 days ..LOL!