M109 Rider Forums banner

What would you do?

4K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  BikerGranny 
#1 ·
Saw this video and it really pissed me off, not sure what I would have done to this *******.

#3 ·
Same kind of pos that hit me last year. He stood on the side of the road watching me lay there while others stopped to help. These old f---kers need to be taken off the road.

#8 ·
Not to justify the prick's actions but I hope many motorcyclist see this video and think twice before taking unnecessary risks. Clearly speeding and clearly passing on a no-passing zone. Just know that not everyone with whom we share the road is sane.

#9 ·
Not to justify the prick's actions but I hope many motorcyclist see this video and think twice before taking unnecessary risks. Clearly speeding and clearly passing on a no-passing zone. Just know that not everyone with whom we share the road is sane.
Boy, ain't that the truth of it!!!!:eek:

#12 ·
I sure hope Karma gets the old turkey...:doorag:

#13 · (Edited)
Recoil vs 109 stability ?

How much effect does the recoil from a 357 have on the M109 stability if shot by the rider to the side at 90 degrees while doing 70 mph on a straight road ?

#16 ·
Who i truly feel sorry for is the poor passenger, she had no choice in any part of what I saw, other than Not getting on with him. He was a fool for passing on a double line. PERIOD!! It's riding like that, that gives all of riders a BAD RAP! And he came up against a BIGGER FOOL!! They were both wrong, with out a doubt. And I'd like to think that, had Mr. Speed Racer not passed on the double line... That would not have happened, and his girl would not be laying in a Hospital bed! But neither of the 2 drivers gave a chit, for each other or there passengers! As F'ed up as to what the cager did, I can see why he did it. For every action, there's a reaction! So if your on a death wish, or you want to brag about how fast you went or how crazy you were riding. Don't have your Girl friend or Wife or Daughter or Grand Daughter with you! Go it alone. After watching that you tube vid. I continued to watch the other vid's, now they were from Russia, yet many were bikers, riding like idiots and getting smeared. And I can't feel sorry for them. I know I know, I'm told everyday that I need Sensitivity Training.

#18 ·
I agree with you TORQ! There were two fools in this accident and the poor passenger did not have a clue of the danger ahead.

#17 · (Edited)
The rider of the bike made two very foolish decisions in this matter. 1. He put his girlfriend's life in danger. 2. He chose to break the law by passing on a double line. NEVERTHELESS, the driver of that car was GROSSLY wrong for his actions. If I were the motorcyclists, I would obtain me the BEST lawyer I could afford, and go after that old man with as many chargers as the law would allow. I would definitely pursue attempted vehicular manslaughter charges against him, amongst all of the other chargers possible. I would be suing him and his insurance company for an enormous amount of money, in addition to having them pay ALL of the medical bills. He has all the evidence he needs on video, to include the old man's response to his own actions.

#19 ·
Bobby, I agree with you that the driver was grossly wrong for his actions and the rider put his girlfriend in unnecessary danger. I never put my passengers in any danger whether I'm riding on my bike or in a cage because their SAFETY is my PRIORITY.

#26 ·
I just watched the video and it gave me chills seeing the girlfriend in her state. It was eerily similar to Mary laying on the ground, then surgery with the broken arm and how it was wrapped. I feel horrible for both of them, regardless of him passing on a double line etc... The idiot old man purposely hit them and it should put him away for a while.

#32 · (Edited)
Yeah, I can certainly relate to how she is feeling (physically) right now, and it looks like she's in even worse shape than me - at least it was only my left arm! This poor girl got both arms busted up, cuz they barrel rolled together, so she had his weight on her arms when they rolled. OUCH! Brings back some awful memories, for sure! :-[

Neither of them were wearing riding gear. Same incident would have had an entirely different outcome. Then they both could have walked up to the old fart and kicked his teeth in. Oh, passing on a double yellow is not illegal here in Ontario, just unsafe. Makes for a different fine if stopped by a cop. Illegal vs dangerous.
Not necessarily, sweetie! I had on full gear, and I'm STILL in physical therapy 7 months later, without the full use of my left arm. My road rash is healed, but although my gear helped a great deal, it certainly didn't allow me to walk up to the a-hole who cut me off,and kick his teeth in - although I'd have LOVED to do that!

IMHO,

bikers wrong doing does not justify cagers wrongdoing.
Each of them will have to deal with consequences and resulting charges.
:agree: Exactly! Two wrongs don't make a right, and this punishment definitely didn't fit the crime! :verymad:

#27 ·
Neither of them were wearing riding gear. Same incident would have had an entirely different outcome. Then they both could have walked up to the old fart and kicked his teeth in. Oh, passing on a double yellow is not illegal here in Ontario, just unsafe. Makes for a different fine if stopped by a cop. Illegal vs dangerous.

#29 ·
At the very least I would take all of the video footage to a big time local attorney, who specializes in vehicular accident cases, and allow him/her to assess the whole matter, and determine if I have a case worth taking to court. If so, I would move forward swiftly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.