Sturgis 2016

Thread: Sturgis 2016

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar

Default Sturgis 2016

Never too early to start planning. anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Went out for the 72nd and last year for the 75th . I do not see another one for at least a few years . To be honest as good as it is to be there with all the bike and parts vendors. I think I may just skip the bike week out there , it's just soooooooooooooo many people . And it seems that the numbers just get larger every year . Did Daytona 2 years ago and other then directly around the Speedway the crowds there were completely tolerable. . Maybe I'm just not into the huge crowd scene.
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

The crowds are only about 10% of the trip for me. The other 90% is the 4000 plus miles I get to ride in one trip. If I end up going solo this year, I'm 'Gliding right on into Canada.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1r View Post
    Went out for the 72nd and last year for the 75th . I do not see another one for at least a few years . To be honest as good as it is to be there with all the bike and parts vendors. I think I may just skip the bike week out there , it's just soooooooooooooo many people . And it seems that the numbers just get larger every year . Did Daytona 2 years ago and other then directly around the Speedway the crowds there were completely tolerable. . Maybe I'm just not into the huge crowd scene.
    It's a mad house indeed I used to live there and work at the gold mine in Lead.............

I can't get that time off this year. I had to ask for a favor from the 8 guys ahead of me in seniority for last year. But we had a good time though, huh?

When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all.

^^^^ absolutely!^^^^^^

work on them guys for a 2017 trip

Default I'm in!!!

I've done Laughlin and Ruidoso, I'm trying to get others interested in going, but I'll be there. I'll start looking for a place to stay, any tips?

Very Active Member wiskeythrottle505's Avatar

Never been but want to go for sure!! Would like to go or meet up with people that have been there before.

I'll be down with some Suzuki and former Suzuki friends from Sunday until Friday. I'm staying in Deadwood for the week.

Would be happy to meet up for a ride or a cold beverage.

Mike
    2009 M109r Current - V-Stream, grips, levers, signals, mirrors, gel seats, risers, engine guard, de beavered, smoked tail light, TRE, chin scoop, intake, +3 cables

I'm going, me and about 6 other riders from Texas.

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default What are the Dates for this event? We have never been.

When is this event and if the 9s are going what part of the town will the 9s be hanging out? I've seen videos and such. It appears the diffrent bike types hang togeather in areas? Has anyone found out where the 9 can hang or is it first come first serve, or does the town label section acording to bike type/or Ganges?

Would like more more info before trying to get time off work, if not this year then for next year? I'd simply ride the 9 iron butt style down and home. I'm sure there would be a great group of 9ers will to give it a go as well. Hmmm maybe I could even loose 40 pounds and be fashionable too!
    Last edited by biker-chicky; 07-12-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker-chicky View Post
    When is this event and if the 9s are going what part of the town will the 9s be hanging out? I've seen videos and such. It appears the diffrent bike types hang togeather in areas? Has anyone found out where the 9 can hang or is it first come first serve, or does the town label section acording to bike type/or Ganges?

Would like more more info before trying to get time off work, if not this year then for next year? I'd simply ride the 9 iron butt style down and home. I'm sure there would be a great group of 9ers will to give it a go as well. Hmmm maybe I could even loose 40 pounds and be fashionable too!
    40 pounds in what... 3 or 4 weeks?!?! That can't be healthy! I would just be happy being unfashionable!

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    40 pounds in what... 3 or 4 weeks?!?! That can't be healthy! I would just be happy being unfashionable!