New 109 Owner - Custom Paint

Thread: New 109 Owner - Custom Paint

Default New 109 Owner - Custom Paint

So we bid on a 2006 M109 in a MS Auction and WON! This bike was custom painted and chromed out and it runs like a dream with only 8,500 miles on it.

I ride a Victory Vision so this is my Wife's bike (She rode a Boulevard 50 before) and we will need to get her use to the power. It has an impressive throttle response to say the least.

Adding some "Usable" Mirrors (you see the ones that were on it) and a Rifle Soloshield Windshield.

Thoughts or suggestions on what to look out for are appreciated. I have owned Suzuki's before and love them. Very reliable.

Richard
    Katy, TX

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M109.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	299642

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M109Halloween.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	299650

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Congrats,nice prize !! And welcome aboard..06-07 just needed a proper breakin to smooth out the shifting..at 8500 you should be good or damn close..just ride and enjoy,I'm up over 50K miles on my 07..
    i think you'll be swapping with the wife often
    Stav

to the madness and to you, or should I say, your wife! The 9 is quite a step up from a 50....this beast has a lot of power, and likes to flaunt it!

I think Stav is right......you might find yourself riding it more than your wife.....the 9 is addictive!

BOTM - January 2016
    2011 M109R LE....Not quite stock!
    I'm only GRUMPY when I'm not riding 1SICK9!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Realizing your wife has some riding experience, I suggest that you all be very cautious of the torque associated with the 9, both in acceleration and deceleration/down shifting. Also, there's a significant difference in weight between the 9 and the M50. And shifting from 1st to 2nd gear on the 9 can be rough at first, until the rider either becomes used to it, you have a shift star installed, or have the push pin mod performed on it.

Welcome aboard! Congrats on the new ride!

If it hasn't already been done, a TRE will help eliminate the low speed jerkiness, but it will also increase the performance in the lower gears. As long as she isn't launching it hard, the main thing she will notice is smoother throttle response at slower speeds.

Check with Suzuki to make sure the fuel rail recall was performed on your 2006. Congratulations and good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

- My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    - God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the vision to tell the difference.

Happy new year and welcome to the site...
    Nice purchase BTW.
    All the advice given is sound advice, and as mentioned......I bet you like the raw power of the 9 more than the Vic....