2016 M109 Pre-meet June 15-19, 2016
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 M109 Pre-meet June 15-19, 2016

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Default 2016 M109 Pre-meet June 15-19, 2016

Well, I have been waiting for someone to step up, but no one seems to want to start a thread, so here we go.
    As for the past 7 years, some of us will be going to the Maggie Valley area for our annual pre-meet festivities and gathering. Because of the timing of the actual MAM, it appears that the period from June 15-19 would be the best time to hold this event. Please post up if you would like to join us in the fun. I hope to have some arrangements and reservations made in the next couple of weeks and will keep you update.
    This is not an organized, sponsored, or santioned event of any kind. It is just a good group of friends that have gotten together over the past few years and just enjoy each others company and the area. A M109 is not a requirement, and the group may be split up about 50/50 (although most of us did own a M109 at one time or another). It is always nice to have friends (old and new) getting together and enjoying a past time that we all hold so dear. In times past, we may be scattered out at different lodging locations, but we still seem to meet up in the Maggie Valley area and ride from there in different directions (some are actually thinking about staying in Robbinsville this year). If you have ideas to add to this event, please post up and let us know.
    I hate the fact that this is the week leading up to father's day weekend, but if we were to schedule it the week after the MAM, then it would put us too close to the July 4th weekend.
    Hope to see many of my old friends there, and hope to make some new ones along the way.

BTW, if this would be better in the events section, please move to that section.

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just wanted to bump this back to the top.

It's too early for me to make exact plans, but for now anything goes! Looking forward to seeing all the regulars but would be great to have some fresh 9's on the scene.
    Come on you big talking, curve straightening wannabe's! You think you know how to ride? LOL!
    That should get em signing up!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    It's too early for me to make exact plans, but for now anything goes! Looking forward to seeing all the regulars but would be great to have some fresh 9's on the scene.
    Come on you big talking, curve straightening wannabe's! You think you know how to ride? LOL!
    That should get em signing up!
    I think that calling them out is the only way to go. I will call out the famous one called "Bearcat". Seems like we live only a few miles apart, but cannot seem to hookup. Now is your chance. Meet the old tricycle gang in Maggie Valley this year and join in on the fun. I know Big Mike will be hanging with us.
    I plan on visiting the area atleast 2-3 times this year, so I am sure we will hook up before the season is over. I will be calling next week to make reservations for the June trip. We will also be there the second weekend in October.

North Carolina (it's not the edge of the world, but you can ride there from here)

I'm in.....sans 109, of course.

....sT
    FAA, Retired -- 1982-2012

--- If at first you don't succeed....skydiving may not be for you! ---

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I think that calling them out is the only way to go. I will call out the famous one called "Bearcat". Seems like we live only a few miles apart, but cannot seem to hookup. Now is your chance. Meet the old tricycle gang in Maggie Valley this year and join in on the fun. I know Big Mike will be hanging with us.
    I plan on visiting the area atleast 2-3 times this year, so I am sure we will hook up before the season is over. I will be calling next week to make reservations for the June trip. We will also be there the second weekend in October.
    Count me in again for Maggie Valley. Who is this "Bearcat" that you keep mentioning? It's been two years that I've been riding with the Raleigh Crew and have not seen him once.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post

Count me in again for Maggie Valley. Who is this "Bearcat" that you keep mentioning? It's been two years that I've been riding with the Raleigh Crew and have not seen him once.
    I caught a glimpse of him a few years ago. Seems to be a little shy....maybe conflict avoidance?

Yea, he is more of a ghost or urban legend. For some reason, he doesn't seem to come out much. You are able to catch a few pictures on facebook, but that is about it.

Yea, he is more of a ghost or urban legend. For some reason, he doesn't seem to come out much. You are able to catch a few pictures on facebook, but that is about it.
    I caught a glimpse of him a few years ago. Seems to be a little shy....maybe conflict avoidance?
    Well on 11-13-15, Bearcat posted up " Anyone riding this weekend." Keith, you were in Myrtle Beach and I rode Vitamin-C to Florida for the week. I think Bearcat is a Secret agent in stealth mode.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.

Very Active Member grandpatractor's Avatar

Well on 11-13-15, Bearcat posted up " Anyone riding this weekend." Keith, you were in Myrtle Beach and I rode Vitamin-C to Florida for the week. I think Bearcat is a Secret agent in stealth mode.
    I think the last time he was spotted was on Squirrel spur road!
    J.D.

AKA Big King Daddy $hi+

You are able to catch a few pictures on facebook, but that is about it.
    I wouldn't know. He de-friended me a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpatractor View Post
    I think the last time he was spotted was on Squirrel spur road!
    Bearcat probably has moved since being spotted.....

Wow, I cannot believe that my man hasn't been on hear to defend himself. He usually has a quick come back for everything.
    Well, I got reservations for the pre-meet and am counting down the days until we can get up there and smell the fresh mountain air again. Only about 5+ months to go.

Wow, I cannot believe that my man hasn't been on hear to defend himself. He usually has a quick come back for everything.
    Well, I got reservations for the pre-meet and am counting down the days until we can get up there and smell the fresh mountain air again. Only about 5+ months to go.
    I hope to make it up there this year. What hotel you staying in?

Very Active Member

We goin to try and make it

Quote Originally Posted by RChow View Post
    I hope to make it up there this year. What hotel you staying in?
    We are at the Hearth and Home Inn. I am giving them a try in June. If they work out, I will be doing them again in October for the spyder rally that will be held in Maggie Valley again this year.

I'll be there if I can. Being a new daddy, have to make sure the misses is OK with me missing Father's Day. Though as someone pointed out, should be home in time for dinner if not a little before.

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    I'll be there if I can. Being a new daddy, have to make sure the misses is OK with me missing Father's Day. Though as someone pointed out, should be home in time for dinner if not a little before.
    Last year we had breakfast around 7:30am and arrived home around 1:30pm. It's no problem for Father's Day dinner at restaurants because they are never crowded on that day.

Last year we had breakfast around 7:30am and arrived home around 1:30pm. It's no problem for Father's Day dinner at restaurants because they are never crowded on that day.
    what he said. I actually tell the wife that this is part of my fathers day gift.

what he said. I actually tell the wife that this is part of my fathers day gift.
    🏻🏻

Sent from my Apple brain boiler tapped by the NSA!

Very Active Member

I have it on my calendar. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Thinking about it

Thinking of making the trek from NS. It's something my dad and I always wanted to do as we both owned 109's but since he has passed away I don't know if I want to make the trip solo. Plus I would have to decide which 109 to take lol.

I'll keep you posted.

Just thought I would refresh this thread since I see some more interest generating on the forum.

I will actually be in the area next weekend (2/20-21). I hope to get some winter shots. I have been there anywhere from May-October, but never in the dead of winter. I hope to possibly get some good snow pictures at some of the water fall locations.

I will actually be in the area next weekend (2/20-21). I hope to get some winter shots. I have been there anywhere from May-October, but never in the dead of winter. I hope to possibly get some good snow pictures at some of the water fall locations.
    Hopefully we will see some good pics!

Hopefully we will see some good pics!
    Well, I made the trip to Asheville and got a chance to also drive down 19 between Cherokee and Maggie Valley. Not cold enough to see much snow (55-58 degrees), but I did stop and take a couple of pictures at Soco falls. Most things are closed, but it was just good to be there. Can't wait until June to start riding and really have some fun.
    Name:  IMG_20160220_144733242.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  94.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20160221_120754988.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  35.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20160220_150746729.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  34.9 KB

Soco Falls is a nice little secret stop. Thanks for sharing!

I just wanted to bring this back towards the top. We have at least 8 bikes coming from the Raleigh area. I am really looking forward to this trip. Always exciting seeing some of the old guys and getting to meet new ones. Maybe by the end of this season, or possibly the beginning of the 2017 season, I will have me another 2 wheeled scoot.

I'm still hoping to make this trip in Jun. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Default Pre Meet

I am going to be in Maggie Valley for 4 days over the Memorial day weekend but I will also try to make it up there for a couple of days for this since it is only a day ride.