2016 M109 Pre-meet June 15-19, 2016 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 M109 Pre-meet June 15-19, 2016

I'm hoping to make this trip next year on the way to the MAM. Have been dying to get back since 2011.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

After having done M109R/M1800R meets in Staunton, VA, Morgantown, WV, Germany, France, Netherlands, and Belgium, it looks like I will make this trip... Currently at Gatlinburg for the weekend, but after speaking to the wife she does not mind coming back next week. Looking at being there or near there on Friday. Does anyone familiar with the area has any lodging recommendations? Don't know if we will make it a family trip (kids and all) or just the two of us so open to both types of lodging recommendations. Looking to forward to meeting new and old good friends.

-2008 M109R "The Silver Bullet"
    -2013 HD Road King "The Orange Crush"
    -2015 HD Sportster Iron "TBD"

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duende01 View Post
    After having done M109R/M1800R meets in Staunton, VA, Morgantown, WV, Germany, France, Netherlands, and Belgium, it looks like I will make this trip... Currently at Gatlinburg for the weekend, but after speaking to the wife she does not mind coming back next week. Looking at being there or near there on Friday. Does anyone familiar with the area has any lodging recommendations? Don't know if we will make it a family trip (kids and all) or just the two of us so open to both types of lodging recommendations. Looking to forward to meeting new and old good friends.
    If you are looking for lodging for the family, I would recommend the Microtel or Ramada. They are both nice hotel type places to stay. If you wife does not have a problem with motels, then the Castlewood Inn is also a nice clean place, with reasonable prices.
    If you are coming alone, then I would recommend the Home and Hearth Inn (this is where we are staying, and the prices are great) or the Valley Inn (a lot of the other guys are staying there, and the owner is the greatest).
    Keep in mind that although a couple of people will be in Maggie Valley, most will be arriving on or around the 15th and be there until the 19th. Next weekend is a little early for most of us.
    Hope you are able to make it. This place, and the people are the best.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    If you are looking for lodging for the family, I would recommend the Microtel or Ramada. They are both nice hotel type places to stay. If you wife does not have a problem with motels, then the Castlewood Inn is also a nice clean place, with reasonable prices.
    If you are coming alone, then I would recommend the Home and Hearth Inn (this is where we are staying, and the prices are great) or the Valley Inn (a lot of the other guys are staying there, and the owner is the greatest).
    Keep in mind that although a couple of people will be in Maggie Valley, most will be arriving on or around the 15th and be there until the 19th. Next weekend is a little early for most of us.
    Hope you are able to make it. This place, and the people are the best.

You are right, don't even know what I was thinking. It took me a few hours to realize that next weekend is only the weekend of the 10th. However, I really meant to say arriving on Friday the 17th, lol ;-) . BTW, will look into those lodging places. Also looking at possibly renting a cabin somewhere near.

-2008 M109R "The Silver Bullet"
    -2013 HD Road King "The Orange Crush"
    -2015 HD Sportster Iron "TBD"

You all should go to The Buttered Biscuit for breakfast one day. Really good food. It is on 19, Soco road just South of 276. They opened up in February this year. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...14274?hl=en-us"

We also went to another new place just up the street on 19,Soco Road called the Farmhouse. As we drove by it and the parking lot was full. It was OK. There pulled pork was better then the buts on the creak place. But still far short of Big Papa pulled pork. I use that pulled pork as a bench mark.
    Last edited by rynosback; 06-06-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    Bang for the Buck Mods link CLICK HERE
    Coming to a city near you..

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    You all should go to The Buttered Biscuit for breakfast one day. Really good food. It is on 19, Soco road just South of 276. They opened up in February this year. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Th...14274?hl=en-us"

We also went to another new place just up the street on 19,Soco Road called the Farmhouse. As we drove by it and the parking lot was full. It was OK. There pulled pork was better then the buts on the creak place. But still far short of Big Papa pulled pork. I use that pulled pork as a bench mark.😀
    We will probably give them a try. Especially since it would be a nice change from the BoJangle's that we always eat at across the street.
    Thanks,

Is it Thursday yet?!?! Slowest week EVER!!!!

- Josh

P.S. Spidey rides Friday ( weather permitting).

We will probably give them a try. Especially since it would be a nice change from the BoJangle's that we always eat at across the street.
    Thanks,
    Much better then BoJangle's.

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    Is it Thursday yet?!?! Slowest week EVER!!!!

- Josh

P.S. Spidey rides Friday ( weather permitting).
    Tell me about it. 24 hours from now, we should be eating breakfast at Biscutville in Asheboro on our way to the Valley. I hope the weather man is wrong about our chances for rain on Wednesday. Typically (7 of the past 8 years), we stay dry until we get about midway between Asheville and Maggie Valley. Then we have to put rain gear on. Either way, I am excited.
    And to the guys already at the Valley Inn, get all your drinking in over the next 2 day, because starting Thursday, I am ready to ride.

So... How is the pre-meet going? Any pictures yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    So... How is the pre-meet going? Any pictures yet?
    As aways, it was one of the best vacations of the year. Here are a few that I took.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160616_093856082.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	325633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160616_093253476.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	325641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160616_124307564_HDR.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	325649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160421_125333763.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	325617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160422_090358624_HDR.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	325625  

Here are a few more. As you can probably tell, quite a few of us have moved on from the M109R, but the brotherhood, and friends that we have acquired over the past 7-8 years have become so strong that we cannot help but attend. I am sure that Rob (Oink) will post some a little later. There were a few mechanical issues, but no one went down, so that makes it a great week.
    As for me, I am always on the lookout for my 3rd. 9. Since I rode the spyder to the M109 pre-meet, maybe I will have and ride a M109 in October to the spyder rally.
    Again, I would like to thank Josh for being in the spyder suit for the picture for my grand kids. Even if my daughter thought you were Deadpool. Lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160617_093854996_HDR.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	325657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160616_171410624_HDR.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	325665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160617_132652972.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	325673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160617_121451575_HDR.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	325681  
    Last edited by blacklightning; 06-19-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Prefect weather, got to ride with my dad, which is nothing short of a miracle since his crash last year. For those who don't know, dad crossed the double yellow on the Cherohala last year, hit an oncoming motorcycle and broke 4 vertebrae and 4 ribs. The other rider suffered only abrasions to his hands with Minor bruising from the fall.

This year, we took it easy, and every one came out unscathed. Looking forward to next year.

- Josh

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    Prefect weather, got to ride with my dad, which is nothing short of a miracle since his crash last year. For those who don't know, dad crossed the double yellow on the Cherohala last year, hit an oncoming motorcycle and broke 4 vertebrae and 4 ribs. The other rider suffered only abrasions to his hands with Minor bruising from the fall.

This year, (we took it easy), and every one came out unscathed. Looking forward to next year.

- Josh
    Wasn't like he wasn't trying! LOL! You can cut the nuts off the bike but you can't de-nut the motorcyclist. Hope I can still ride when I'm his age much less, keep the same pace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160615_194925.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	325762

We got this one before the rain. Allen had his 9, I came in a Buick.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post

We also went to another new place just up the street on 19,Soco Road called the Farmhouse. As we drove by it and the parking lot was full. It was OK. There pulled pork was better then the buts on the creak place. But still far short of Big Papa pulled pork. I use that pulled pork as a bench mark.😀
    Butts on the Creek was good. I never had deep fried corn on the cob. The owner does glass blowing in house. We watched her make a horse in 10 minutes. For breakfast, we went to Country Vittles. All you can eat for $7.99. Not buffet, but brought to your table. As you finish an item, they ask you if you want more of that. A really nice biker gear shop across the street. I dropped a few bucks there.

Quote Originally Posted by QZephyr View Post
    Butts on the Creek was good. I never had deep fried corn on the cob. The owner does glass blowing in house. We watched her make a horse in 10 minutes. For breakfast, we went to Country Vittles. All you can eat for $7.99. Not buffet, but brought to your table. As you finish an item, they ask you if you want more of that. A really nice biker gear shop across the street. I dropped a few bucks there.
    Good meeting you on Wednesday. I hope you enjoyed the Wheels through Time museum. The weather was great after the little rain that we encountered on Wednesday, so we decided to just ride the remaining days. I will be back again in October, and possibly September, so I hope to visit the museum then. We also ate at Butts on the Creek, and the brisket was delightful. For breakfast, we always ate very light, so we opted for a quick biscuit at the Bojanges just so the old guys could take their meds. Then we were off to get some riding in.

I mentioned Bojangle's when I was checking out and was told to go to Country Vittles. He gave me a card for 10% off our entire ticket. He said "If you leave hungry, it's your own fault". After chatting with the owner of the gear shop, I said I was glad we went to Country Vittles and saw his shop across the street. He asked if I did the all you can eat? Then said "If you leave hungry, it's your own fault". Something tells me that should be their slogan. I got some great boots and chaps and we snagged a couple shirts.

We've decided that we want to go back to Maggie Valley again, but without kids. That way, we can hang out and see more sights.

Thanks for helping out. It was good meeting you guys. We'll probably hook up again some year.

I mentioned Bojangle's when I was checking out and was told to go to Country Vittles. He gave me a card for 10% off our entire ticket. He said "If you leave hungry, it's your own fault". After chatting with the owner of the gear shop, I said I was glad we went to Country Vittles and saw his shop across the street. He asked if I did the all you can eat? Then said "If you leave hungry, it's your own fault". Something tells me that should be their slogan. I got some great boots and chaps and we snagged a couple shirts.

We've decided that we want to go back to Maggie Valley again, but without kids. That way, we can hang out and see more sights.

Thanks for helping out. It was good meeting you guys. We'll probably hook up again some year.
    We will be there for a spyder rally from 10/5-9 with our spouses. That would be a great time for you and the wife to come down and check out some of the leaf changes and everything. Don't have to have a spyder to attend and enjoy the festivities. Although you may want one after seeing all the different types.

We will be there for a spyder rally from 10/5-9 with our spouses. That would be a great time for you and the wife to come down and check out some of the leaf changes and everything. Don't have to have a spyder to attend and enjoy the festivities. Although you may want one after seeing all the different types.
    I'm not sure on this one. My vacation time is already picked for this year. I wanted Becky to get a Spyder, but she doesn't have the nerve to ride. I wish she did though, because I prefer to ride alone.

We had there special and had two ears of deep fried corn on the cob. It was good, but you had to eat it right or the deep fried batter would fall off. I will have to check out the country Vittles when we are there next time.