Very Active Member kshackelford's Avatar

I appreciate it. I will give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshackelford View Post
    I have a question about my m109r. I installed a Revo clutch. Did the push pin mod. But the bike is starting to pull with the clutch in again. Is it worth upgrading to hydraulic clutch.

I just bled my hydraulic clutch and got the slave cylinder setup. I've had clutch cable break in the past, not on the 9 but never want to deal with the 9 without clutch cable. Can't test it till my ECU gets back but everyone that's done the hydraulic clutch swear by it

Even though I keep a spare cable on my bike, the one time I had a cable break, I was close enough to home and just decided to ride it home sans cable. Wasn't a problem. I was about two miles away with a neighborhood in between. Rode into the neighborhood, and just floated all the stop signs. It was a weekday and there was no traffic, so it wasn't a problem. I kept it in the lower three gears and shifted it easily without the clutch. When I got near to my garage, shifted it into neutral from first without any trouble, hit the garage opened button and coasted into my garage.

I regularly shift without the clutch even with a good cable. Even from first-to-second. It's a bit more abrupt than the cable shift makes it, but it works fine if you know how to do it.

What's that old saying, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I thought about doing this mod, but more for the fact that it would make the bikes appearance more symmetrical. THe mirror mounts are placed differently on the left versus the right side. I just decided I have better things to spend my money on than this mod. A new cable kept in the Corbin Smuggler is cheaper.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

I've had a lot of bikes and manual transmission cars over the years and have always found the sweet spots where I didn't have to use the clutch.

Have broken cables on 2 bikes and it was a PITA so that's why I did this mod. And like you say, it makes it more symmetrical as well. It didn't cost that much as I found the master cylinder complete on Ebay for $65 so then it was just the cost of the slave and hose.

I have always enjoyed doing all my own work since I was a kid. I guess it's my hobby.