M109 Rider Forums banner

Be cautious with your Clutch

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Rainey5230 
#1 ·
Although 109's clutch is as small as other Suzuki's 650c.c sport bike, it uses the clipping force to enhance the dynamic friction and coupling. Thus, it has higher damping ratio and thinner and smaller clutch plates. The downside is its heat reserve. The bigger the clutch plate is the better ventilation it will be, but it will lose some horsepower as well.

Therefore, when using your 109 clutch, you can't apply the same logic as those 125 scooters'.
Be advised, release the clutch first, than once you feel the attachment, you can gradually applying gas and slowly releasing the clutch. I have received four orders of the full 109 clutch system from mainland China and I have repaired a few here in Taiwan.
If there is tiny abnormal in the clutch systems, you should stop riding immediatley.
It is because when the clutch has began to break and slip, the sharpnal is possiblily to pushed into the engine through the hoses that could result in engine ceased.

The attached are some photos I took when repairing the clutch.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle
Watch Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Crankset Body jewelry Font Bicycle part
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Font Automotive exterior

Although 109's clutch is as small as other Suzuki's 650c.c sport bike, it uses the clipping force to enhance the dynamic friction and coupling. Thus, it has higher damping ratio and thinner and smaller clutch plates. The downside is its heat reserve. The bigger the clutch plate is the better ventilation it will be, but it will lose some horsepower as well.

Therefore, when using your 109 clutch, you can't apply the same logic as those 125 scooters'.
Be advised, release the clutch first, than once you feel the attachment, you can gradually applying gas and slowly releasing the clutch. I have received four orders of the full 109 clutch system from mainland China and I have repaired a few here in Taiwan.
If there is tiny abnormal in the clutch systems, you should stop riding immediatley.
It is because when the clutch has began to break and slip, the sharpnal is possiblily to pushed into the engine through the hoses that could result in engine ceased.

See less See more
#2 ·

OK,

However, Ive Dragged My 9, Thrashed my 9, And cooked plenty of oil. Ive slipped my clutch every day, and its the Original 07 Failed usually unit. Its a good as it was 4 years ago, and ill tell you why. My secret, OIL. That 9 has lost its oil somehow, and Been slipping every mile of its life id say, and any normal person would have felt the chit hitting the fan waaaaay earlier. So Oil and Brain in gear it should be fine.

Great Pics, love seeing Carnage.

#3 ·
I've got an 06 and it's fine to this day. Had it going on ten years. Slip it regularly. Wonder if it has anything to do with my putting the full four quarts in at every oil change? LOL

A friend of mine has an 06 as well. Recently I changed the oil for him after he had complained about it jumping out of second gear. Ends up he had not changed the oil in five years. EEK! Only got two quarts out on the drain. New filter and four quarts of Suzuki 20W-50 petroleum oil, and he says it's good as new.

Like anything in life, it's hit-or-miss whether you get a trouble-free unit, or a lemon. Do the maintenance, ride it and enjoy it.

#4 ·
That looks like the rider should of noticed at some point the rpm's rising but mph not increasing. I would think atleast. Curious to know if this started do to an improperly adjusted clutch/cable from the beginning and just got worse?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Actually, those clutch plate broke into piece is because of irregular releasing the clutch and extreme temperature. Those plates doesn't break down just because of loss of oil. Actually, the oil inside the clutch is not that much as of all the plates" soaked" in oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.