Something is wrong with my throttle! Please help... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something is wrong with my throttle! Please help...

Quote Originally Posted by omarsloan View Post
    Well.....I finally got to it today.....and I made it worst.

ohm out the tps it was good voltage going in and out was good....those clips were good....the clip connected to B/BR has several busted strands but its still intact.

I put it all back together, and now my throttle barely works....if i crank the throttle it stalls. If I really slowly move the throttle it'll rev up and once i got the throttle about half way it starts to sputter....

I think I throw in towel and will pay suzuki their 65/hr

The busted strands in the wire are most likely your problem. Those clips look good but they cut through the wire strands and for every strand that breaks the resistance value changes and the tps runs by resistance values! Im betting there are more broken strands then you think.
    Last edited by Latinrascal; 11-01-2015 at 08:40 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So the dealer has had the bike for a couple days, and today they said they were able to get the bike back to where I had it initially, which was use of about 50% of the throttle. They repaired and shielded some wires.

They seem to think that something is wrong with the ECU(computer) because they get a fault from the fuel injector 2. The ECU is about $1200 they said. I looked on ebay and saw they from $200-$500 dollars used.

I guess at this point my question is....I have a 2007 will a 2006 or 2008 Computer work on my bike?
    Last edited by omarsloan; 11-05-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Latinrascal View Post
    The busted strands in the wire are most likely your problem. Those clips look good but they cut through the wire strands and for every strand that breaks the resistance value changes and the tps runs by resistance values! Im betting there are more broken strands then you think.
    I have sold the connectors in question, we called them T Taps and they should never be used in the first place IMO. Repair the broken wires and then use a Heat Shrink butt connector to make a proper connection.
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I got my bike back from the dealership ($500 later) and all they did was fix wires they found to be damaged or unshielded.... I feel ripped off, and I have to say Im pretty disappointed. I still have the same problem.....

They said my problem is i need to replace the baffles on the bike, cause thats part of the problem and get a new ecu (ecm cdi) whatever you wanna call it.

They said when you debaffle these bikes it messes them up....

So i still only have half the use of my throttle....i ordered a used ECU from bikestrippers on ebay today....and hope that fixes it...I know lots of you have debaffled the pipes wthout problem...

fml

oh yeah and they removed my PowerCommander3 and cut several wires off it down to the nub!

not sure why they did that to me, but i feel royally fuked
    Last edited by omarsloan; 11-06-2015 at 08:14 PM.

I got my bike back from the dealership ($500 later) and all they did was fix wires they found to be damaged or unshielded.... I feel ripped off, and I have to say Im pretty disappointed. I still have the same problem.....

They said my problem is i need to replace the baffles on the bike, cause thats part of the problem and get a new ecu (ecm cdi) whatever you wanna call it.

They said when you debaffle these bikes it messes them up....

So i still only have half the use of my throttle....i ordered a used ECU from bikestrippers on ebay today....and hope that fixes it...I know lots of you have debaffled the pipes wthout problem...

fml

oh yeah and they removed my PowerCommander3 and cut several wires off it down to the nub!

not sure why they did that to me, but i feel royally fuked
    Hahaha, whtat a f....g idiots. I just wonder where they train this monkeys. Changing baffles messes NADA. Maybe you loose 2-5% lo torque end power. Thats so stupid. They just ripping people off. Thats why my bike never seined stealer nor will ever will.I wish you luck buddy and hope that ecm solves your problem.

Sounds like a bad clutch

So they pretty much put it back to stock except for the baffles?
    Last edited by Dutch350; 11-07-2015 at 11:32 AM.

Default Update....

Just put the new ECU in, and no difference....still only have 1/2 the use of my throttle....

I guess I can check the fuel filter next, since the dealership did no further troubleshooting.

Since Ive bought the bike, Ive wired an LED kit, leaving the battery disconnected for a couple weeks. Would that "unprogram" the Power commander or whatever?
    have you figured out the issue... I not....

did the problem start right after LED kit was finished.. if so I would check any Leads leading to the battery. I had an issue where I went to connect another lead to the battery and didn't notice that my XTRE cable wasn't plugged back on.. bike started poping a little but worst it started having issues with acceleration and would stall when I slowed down to red lights..

after rechecking and noticing cable off - I reconnected and bike came back alive...

They disconnected the power commander my led kit and the gear indicator....and didnt put anything back together....so its back to stock minus debaffle

If You Smelling Exhaust Means Your Catching Up

They disconnected the power commander my led kit and the gear indicator....and didnt put anything back together....so its back to stock minus debaffle
    Bud my boys 9 did almost the same thing. Come to find out when he removed his air box and put it back in he hit a couple harnesses they were together but wasn't clipped together. Sounds like a loose harness somewhere. And FYI stay away from them STEALERS. There's so much info on this forum to tear a bike down and put it back together. And debaffling has nothing to do with WUTS going on. Lmfao. Ull just lose a lil torque or horsepower.

I finally got around to taking EVERYTHING apart and found this....

Im quite pissed off. I had taken it to Suzuki Laredo, spent $500 and didn't have the problem fixed. Today I remove the electrical tape around wires they said they repaired and this is what I found....they didn't even solder the frayed wires together....I hope this fixes my problem....but I have my tank off and am going to inspect everything inside. It's been months without riding.....wish me luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160310_203454_1457664241797.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	308649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1457664783274-2073842325_1457664814422.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	308657  

Default UPDATE!!!!

5 years later and its still the same lol

Just got the bike out of storage and it wouldnt start. replaced the fuel pump and filter. Also clean injectors and derusted the tank. Started right up. Was hoping after all these years it was the pump or filter....nope....still cant crank the throttle. still bogs down...

FML no mechanic will touch it.

Starting to think i should have bought a harley

Wow hate to hear that. But at least you did look at it. I didn't read through the whole thread but a few things I've had experience with especially concerning the PCMIII. Reflashing the tune and zeroing the TPS sensor with the PCM. Also the versions sold when this bike was new we're line-tap only. Line taps have a bad habit of breaking wires. When you add that to a system that functions by commands based on resistance crap goes down hill bad.
    Open all the line taps starting with the TPS wiring and check that every strand of wire on the factory harness is still connected.
    Don't give up!
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Very Active Member

Maybe the one good piece of info you got from the otherwise crappy dealer was that they were getting a fault from injector 2. Not sure if you would get an FI light if the fuel injector itself wasn't working properly or wasn't able to supply the necessary fuel the throttle position is asking for, but might be worth looking at replacing the injector or at least having them both tested.

Also, from your post back in 2015 where you tested the TPS and it was worse when you put it all back together. Since it ran worse after you were checking in that area, to me, it sure sounds like that is the area where the issue, or part of the issue is. Like others have said, I would make sure all those connections are soldered and use heat shrink to cover them. I can't remember on the 109 if the throttle percentage on the PowerCommander should respond after you initially turn the key and the electronics do their thing, or if it will only respond during that short period of time if it is not running. So depending on this, the fact that the throttle percentage didn't change in the PowerCommander software when you turned the throttle could be your biggest clue. Would be interesting to test your TPS again and see if the value changes as you turn the throttle.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 01-28-2020 at 12:39 PM.