M109 Rider Forums banner

Which Type of License Plate Relocator Do You Prefer?

14K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  StitchsLoft 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to get a license relocator kit and I have an Idea of which type I like.

Just wondering what the community thinks. Which of these 2 types of license relocator kit do you prefer? (please presume there is a horizontal option for the swing arm mounted type)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The vertical mount is not legal in every state, so I would check the laws for your particular state for the laws there before spending the money.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

#3 · (Edited)
I live in Arizona. We can do anything here. But seriously, I checked to state laws. In this state, it boils down to: plate on the rear, securely attached and clearly visible. There is a part that says 12 inches off the ground that may be a sticking point.

But let's assume there is a horizontal option.

-----

ARS 28-2354. License plates; attachment
(L96, Ch. 76, sec. 7)

A. A person shall display the license plate or plates as follows:

1. For a motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer, on the rear.

2. For a vehicle for which two license plates are issued, the vehicle owner shall display either of the following:

(a) One plate on the rear.

(b) One plate on the front and one plate on the rear.

B. A person shall display all license plates as required by subsection A until their lawful use expires or is canceled or revoked. A person shall maintain each license plate so it is clearly legible. A person shall securely fasten each license plate to the vehicle as follows:

1. To prevent the plate from swinging.

2. At a height of at least twelve inches from the ground to the bottom of the plate.

3. In a position to be clearly visible.

#4 ·
In that case you're good to choose whichever style you like. I like it under the fender, although my license plate is no longer that big. This was taken in Europe...

#8 ·
In Australia they have determined that it must be visible from a side view of not less than 40 degrees from both sides. I would further check the laws n your state.

#9 ·
Greggs stainless are the best mounts they mount to hub he sell both styles I have the vertical one installed them on both 9's I have owned with no issues also the come with a light too

#11 ·
In regards to side mounts and state laws, how would the side mount style affect you riding into a state that requires a fender mount? Wouldn't this give them a reason for you to be pulled over?

#16 ·
I guess they could if they wanted to be ash-hats... They can cite you for improper of license plate. You can possibly fight it based on whatever state laws apply to wherever your vehicle is registered but in the end it will be up to the judge and it might be more to fight it than to pay for the citation.

WARNING: MY OPINION MAY OFFEND YOU!!!

#15 ·
Another AZ 9. Pretty soon we might have enough for a group ride. I have been running Gregg's verticle plate for several years and havent had an issue at all in AZ. Have also ridden in NV, NM, TX, AL, MS, WV, & VA and didnt have an issue with the verticle plate either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#20 · (Edited)
#26 ·
I really like this one... It's for Harley's but perhaps you can make it work with some modification or by tapping a few holes for under the fender mount.

WARNING: MY OPINION MAY OFFEND YOU!!!

#31 ·
I don't like side mounts at all. Chose to make my own brackets so the license plate could be tucked up so tight under the body, it's almost invisible. Trimmed the lower edges to make the plate smaller as well.

#35 · (Edited)
This is what I have. Same thing as some companies charging over $100.
If you search around, you may find em like I have, for $20ish.
I bought my bracket, and 4 turn signals for under $50, shipped. Been on my bike over a year now, NO issues.
Glad I didnt buy one for $100+ when its just this simple. And I like how it tucks up closer, giving it a much cleaner look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-M90-...2b887ca&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=2&sd=350550759006

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.