Freedom Exhaust...loose torque

Thread: Freedom Exhaust...loose torque

Very Active Member

Default Freedom Exhaust...loose torque

My riend buy the Sideburner exhaust (w/ ice box mod), and i buy the freedom exhaust curve.
    All motorcycles whit K&N anf cobra FI (the FI Cobra have a good onfiguration)

I loose torque!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

A collector exhaust system will generally always make more torque and power than individual pipes. It takes advantage of the scavenging effect from the other cylinder(s).
    2012 M109R LE Power Commander V, XTRE, K&N intakes and filters, Sideburner, VStream Windscreen, lowering links, Cobra passenger pad

Member of the Torque and Recoil Club

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot383 View Post
    A collector exhaust system will generally always make more torque and power than individual pipes. It takes advantage of the scavenging effect from the other cylinder(s).
    Not to disagree, but it's not quite that simple, A collector exhaust (2 into 1) will usually make better torque higher into the revs than a 2 into 2 but it may not make as much torque in the mid RPMs as a 2-2.

There are a miltitude of other factors like tube length, size of collector, length of collector, etc. that also influence how each exhaust works.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

any bro have a "Cone Torque"?

I think is the good solution: http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-9155-.../dp/B00514B91O

Very Active Member

My C109 with Hard Krome 3 inch Straights lost some of its top end compared to before....assume this is back pressure?