M109 Rider Forums banner

Just bought a M109

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  candyapplered M109 
#1 ·
just purchased a m109 from an older guy in mass who dropped it. damage was minimal...slight puck in tank, small scrape on headlight and rear chrome strut. bikes only got 9k on it and is completely stock. its my first m109 and I have been looking forward to getting one for awhile, and I got this one for a real great price. the color is that blue-purplish one. looking for any advice on a good, power making pipe and air breather set ups.. and if anyone has the parts I need to fix the bike up..... Please let me know. bike came with a Rifle clear windscreen and saddle bags..which I think I am going to sell off.....

#2 ·
First up. Welcome aboard!
Lots of guys go for things like big suckers to get lots of air in. The pipes are your choice really. Depends on whether you want loud or quiet or just in it for the look. Just remember if you do both then you'll need to look at a fuel processor due to the bike will run really lean

Good luck mate :bigthumbsup:

Sent from my portable microwave emitter

#3 ·
Thanks! I have been drag racing bikes for 15 years....and this is my first non-crotch-rocket motorcycle...
I already have ordered a power commander V, so I just want the best performing pipe\breather I can get. And I work part time at a motorcycle shop that has a dyno...so tuning it is no issue. I have also learned that the louder the pipe us, doesn't mean it's the best power making pipe....

#4 ·
Welcome!
love ur sig! One of the best color options.
Troy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.