Tire pressure

Thread: Tire pressure

Default Tire pressure

I went for a ride last night and my bike feels like it's washing out in the corners never had that problem before, running a Dunlop E3 rear and a Metzler upfront Air pressures are 42 rear 37 upfront ( I know it's low ) my question is with the front tire being 1 pound off of Spec would that make it feel squishy in the corners or do I have something more to be concerned about I will be airing it up to about 40 tomorrow. I am 6 foot 300lbs in case that matters

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

No it won't. I run around 32 or 33 in both tires on mine to even out tread wear and provide a softer, stickier ride and I have had no handling issues whatsoever...

Could having 2 different tires cause a problem ?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln1003 View Post
    Could having 2 different tires cause a problem ?
    That could be...the Metz is probably a softer compound than the Dunny and that could be causing it...

I keep both the front and rear at 42 psi, have the Elite III's. Never had a problem with unusual tread wear or wearing too fast when kept at this pressure.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

42 psi front and rear here as well.

-Josh

I'm not having any issues with tire wear the bike feels lose in the corners .

Would there be any chance of bearing issues or even axel not torqued enough? Just a thought.
    2" risers, TNT racing TRE, Cobra auto pro tuner, HID ,LED signals, 300/160 Metz, K&N, grips, alarm, pairs done, front mounts, custom face & taco, Mirrors, Gel Seats, Lowered 2", Swamp Works 2 piece chrome swing arm, Velocity Pro 2 into 1, Coastal Moto "Cyclone" 10x18 -4.25.x18, Tricky Air Ride, more to come, hydraulic clutch, Woolich flash, more to come

Is the handling issue something that has been there since purchase, or only a recent development?
    It could be that you need revalving/heavier weight oil and springs in the forks for your weight?

problems started this year both axels torqued to spec last time they were off . Only 9000 on bike , Dunny was new, Metz was bought used off this site and was like new

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

I went for a ride last night and my bike feels like it's washing out in the corners never had that problem before, running a Dunlop E3 rear and a Metzler upfront Air pressures are 42 rear 37 upfront ( I know it's low ) my question is with the front tire being 1 pound off of Spec would that make it feel squishy in the corners or do I have something more to be concerned about I will be airing it up to about 40 tomorrow. I am 6 foot 300lbs in case that matters

I have a 150, So not relevant, But for your Interest, I run 56psi, and my 130 i ran at 48, and it took all the washey out.

I agree with Skidder. I just had my front replaced with a Dunlop E3 130. They set it at spec, 38psi. Was terrible, washy and felt like it was slipping in the corners. Up your pressure to 42psi, and see how that feels. I think you'll like it.

Taz
    ----------------------------------
    Taz
    ----------------------------------
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Very Active Member

Check your triple tree and see if it's a little loose.
    2012 M109R LE Power Commander V, XTRE, K&N intakes and filters, Sideburner, VStream Windscreen, lowering links, Cobra passenger pad

Member of the Torque and Recoil Club

Ok so I bought a digital gauge re-checked front was at 36.5 rear was 38 I aired them both up to 42 and it handled great .

Funny what a little extra air will do.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger