RIS PARTS IN HANDS READY TO SHIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIS PARTS IN HANDS READY TO SHIP!

Very Active Member

Default RIS PARTS IN HANDS READY TO SHIP!

Hi Guys,
    We have many RIS parts ready to ship. Get them now while stocks last​!!!!
    I know many of you had problems getting parts on time from Ricky but these parts are in MeanCycles location!

Gas caps $65.00 Regular price $100.00
    "S" Dipsticks $30.00 Regular $40.00
    Derby Covers $65.00 Regular $90.00
    Grips $100.00 Regular $140.00

Send me an e-mail to
    [email protected]

Enjoy your BEAST!
    JC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	273466

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	273474

Name:	284.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	273482

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	273522

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Do those gas caps have the vacuum hole for proper release of gases? I remember at one time some of these making gas tanks sink in due to pressure build up.

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...t=ris+gas+tank

Last edited by Duende01; 07-07-2015 at 03:07 PM.

-2008 M109R "The Silver Bullet"
    -2013 HD Road King "The Orange Crush"
    -2015 HD Sportster Iron "TBD"

Quote Originally Posted by Duende01 View Post
    Do those gas caps have the vacuum hole for proper release of gases? I remember at one time some of these making gas tanks sink in due to pressure build up.

My man you beat me to it....I think it's better to just chrome stocker

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman7 View Post
    My man you beat me to it....I think it's better to just chrome stocker

Way safer and perhaps cheaper in the end.

-2008 M109R "The Silver Bullet"
    -2013 HD Road King "The Orange Crush"
    -2015 HD Sportster Iron "TBD"

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duende01 View Post

Yes! They all have the vacuum hole, not need to worry about that happening..
    JC

Quote Originally Posted by MEANM109R View Post
    Yes! They all have the vacuum hole, not need to worry about that happening..
    JC
    Stock caps don't sit flush with the seedo like these do. They have the hole for ventilation, I have one and love the fit. Guys after these are gone you won't see them again so get them while there hot.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Very Active Member DutchM1800R2's Avatar

Nice deal!

Just ordered a gas cap and derby cover, need more bling

Thanks JC!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by DutchM1800R2 View Post
    Nice deal!

Just ordered a gas cap and derby cover, need more bling

Thanks JC!
    Your welcome! On your way!
    JC

Very Active Member

just emailed you for one with the m109 on it.

Hi Guys,
    We have many RIS parts ready to ship. Get them now while stocks last​!!!!
    I know many of you had problems getting parts on time from Ricky but these parts are in MeanCycles location!

Gas caps $65.00 Regular price $100.00
    "S" Dipsticks $30.00 Regular $40.00
    Derby Covers $65.00 Regular $90.00
    Grips $100.00 Regular $140.00

Send me an e-mail to
    [email protected]

Enjoy your BEAST!
    JC

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	273466

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	273474

Name:	284.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	273482

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	273522
    Do you have the chrome RIS Spike Fork and Yoke Caps? Ricky from RIS ripped me off for $94 earlier this year, because he took my money and never delivered my merchandise.

I got one of these caps and no breather hole so yes my tank caved in. Now I need a new tank..... Some9 saw it....

Mods: Performance Machine - Shock Chrome Rims, 280 rear, 160 front, Kuryakyn Grips and Pegs. Raw Design Stealth rear light. JT's LED's/ Some9 LED', Tricky Air Ride, Key Mod. Crocodile Seats and custom leather tooled Corbin seat, Irate Chrome grill, Custom mirrors, 2" Yana Shiki risers, Chrome Crash bars with Stash tubes, braided cables all around, Air horn and a lot of other parts chromed.....

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by BCRUZN View Post
    Do you have the chrome RIS Spike Fork and Yoke Caps? Ricky from RIS ripped me off for $94 earlier this year, because he took my money and never delivered my merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea6 View Post
    I got one of these caps and no breather hole so yes my tank caved in. Now I need a new tank..... Some9 saw it....

No one likes bling and good deals more than me. But should we be supporting a company that treats its customers like this?? I'm talking about RIS not Mean Cycles. I understand that we are dealing directly with Mean Cycles but why keep a company like RIS in business.

I'm just saying.....

I believe RIS is out of business so this stuff may have been the last of the supply. Either way I got screwed needing a new tank now.

Mods: Performance Machine - Shock Chrome Rims, 280 rear, 160 front, Kuryakyn Grips and Pegs. Raw Design Stealth rear light. JT's LED's/ Some9 LED', Tricky Air Ride, Key Mod. Crocodile Seats and custom leather tooled Corbin seat, Irate Chrome grill, Custom mirrors, 2" Yana Shiki risers, Chrome Crash bars with Stash tubes, braided cables all around, Air horn and a lot of other parts chromed.....

Very Active Member

I believe RIS is out of business so this stuff may have been the last of the supply. Either way I got screwed needing a new tank now.

That sucks big time. Sorry to hear. Hope everything else is okay. I remember when you first got the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli880 View Post
    That sucks big time. Sorry to hear. Hope everything else is okay. I remember when you first got the 9.
    Yeah it's not bad. Tank is easily replaced but a bit costly. Oh yeah my 9 has come a long long way since you last saw it

Very Active Member

What year and color do you need?

I need an 07 in white.

Very Active Member

Been calling RIS since Some9 told about it... He is not replaying to any of my calls or e-mails, trying to do something with the bank now and see if they can help. I was probably the last company he could count with...
    He forgot to drill the vent on the diamond gas caps, all the rest are fine.
    Is sad to see a company go down like that, when his father was alive business was running smooth... Customers call every week to see if I can help them get their money back from him, some even waiting 2+ years for parts... Just surprised no one has knocked on his door.

Been calling RIS since Some9 told about it... He is not replaying to any of my calls or e-mails, trying to do something with the bank now and see if they can help. I was probably the last company he could count with...
    He forgot to drill the vent on the diamond gas caps, all the rest are fine.
    Is sad to see a company go down like that, when his father was alive business was running smooth... Customers call every week to see if I can help them get their money back from him, some even waiting 2+ years for parts... Just surprised no one has knocked on his door.
    JC, can the vent be drilled out in the Diamond Cut Chrome Gas Caps at this point, although the product is in its completed state? Also, do you think it will function properly if drilled now, and not cause someone's gas tank to collapse? If the Diamond Cut Chrome Gas Cap can still be salvaged, I would like to purchase one, but not at the price of $65.00, because that particular cap is actually defective and does not function properly at this point. I would be willing to purchase one at a further discounted price, and have it fixed, if it can actually be fixed.

Please reply,

Bobby

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

JC, can the vent be drilled out in the Diamond Cut Chrome Gas Caps at this point, although the product is in its completed state? Also, do you think it will function properly if drilled now, and not cause someone's gas tank to collapse? If the Diamond Cut Chrome Gas Cap can still be salvaged, I would like to purchase one, but not at the price of $65.00, because that particular cap is actually defective and does not function properly at this point. I would be willing to purchase one at a further discounted price, and have it fixed, if it can actually be fixed.

Please reply,

Bobby
    Ive drilled a few caps, waaay back, its Bound to be able to, But Really Bro, $65.00 is Pretty Cheap dont you think. I always remember the guy selling has not much in it, and Im happy to pay to keep him in a Corona Or two. JMO, Sorry if i Offend, i just think the world is screwing itself, 1 dollar at a time....And we are the Cause. Rant over, Respect Bro.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SKIDMARK View Post
    Ive drilled a few caps, waaay back, its Bound to be able to, But Really Bro, $65.00 is Pretty Cheap dont you think. I always remember the guy selling has not much in it, and Im happy to pay to keep him in a Corona Or two. JMO, Sorry if i Offend, i just think the world is screwing itself, 1 dollar at a time....And we are the Cause. Rant over, Respect Bro.
    Agreed skidder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G nite bro...........

I understand your point of view, and I respect your opinion. However, $65 is the price he advertised for all of the RIS gas caps, and I just sit don't see paying his asking cost of $65 for an item that is knowingly defective, and practically sure to cause an issue with the bike. I think he should be more than willing to discount that product...especially since he is very aware of the problems the product has caused in the past, and the fact that it will likely have to be rechromed once holes are drilled in it to make it functional, safe and free of the likelihood of future damage to someone's bike. I don't mind paying someone's asking price for whatever I want or need. But, I'm not going to pay that same asking price for a defective product that I'm going to have to pour money into to make it correct the faults. Furthermore, his lowering the cost for that one item is not going to send him to the unemployment line...and if it did, that would be a clear indication that his company should fold up their tent, because they did not make a profit for an extended period of time...not because he discounted a defective product. In fact, if he sold them for only $20 each, it would better than him being stuck with defective inventory that he can not move/sell...which would result in him not making ANY of his cost back.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 10-21-2015 at 03:48 AM.

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

I understand your point of view, and I respect your opinion. However, $65 is the price he advertised for all of the RIS gas caps, and I just sit don't see paying his asking cost of $65 for an item that is knowingly defective, and practically sure to cause an issue with the bike. I think he should be more than willing to discount that product...especially since he is very aware of the problems the product has caused in the past, and the fact that it will likely have to be rechromed once holes are drilled in it to make it functional, safe and free of the likelihood of future damage to someone's bike. I don't mind paying someone's asking price for whatever I want or need. But, I'm not going to pay that same asking price for a defective product that I'm going to have to pour money into to make it correct the faults. Furthermore, his lowering the cost for that one item is not going to send him to the unemployment line...and if it did, that would be a clear indication that his company should fold up their tent, because they did not make a profit for an extended period of time...not because he discounted a defective product. In fact, if he sold them for only $20 each, it would better than him being stuck with defective inventory that he can not move/sell...which would result in him not making ANY of his cost back.

So, To keep my answer Short, You want it drilled, re chromed and costing less.

So, To keep my answer Short, You want it drilled, re chromed and costing less.
    To keep my response short...I'm not willing to pay his asking cost, if I then have to get it drilled and rechromed at my own expense.

All this and yet I am still out the cost of the cap which was more than 65.00 and had to buy a new gas tank at a few hundred dollars.

I think that it's Karma. Tricky Ricky screwed so many people over, he deserves to have people knocking on his door and paying him his due. Just my 2 cents. YMMV.

I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you. ~Frank Zappa

A couple of years back, my stock gas cap malfunctioned. Teeny little metal plate inside got out of place somehow. First I knew about it, my bike would not accelerate, and kept stalling at stops. So, I pulled over, removed the gas cap, then put it back on, bike ran great and got me home. It died on me as I pulled into the garage. Once again, removed and re-installed gas cap, ran great. Ended up being the aforementioned metal plate being out of place within the cap. And yet, my gas tank did not collapse on me once.

Mine's an 06. Did they reduce the thickness of the metal the tank is made of starting in 07? Why do some folks tanks collapse, when the vent doesn't work. And mine simply killed the engine? Very strange.

I mean, it wouldn't run, wouldn't start, nothing. Remove and replace the cap, and all is well.

Oh, I found out is was the little metal plate because someone else had the same problem. Wrote up a thread on the subject. So it wasn't just me that experienced fuel starvation due to a plugged cap vent, and no tank collapse.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 03-13-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

I'd say you were lucky you found it while riding. I think the others probably found it after the temperature had dropped. Ever had a plastic gas can suck in the sides after cooling or bulge out when it gets hot?

Yes I have. It especially happens to them very thin bottles that water comes in these days. Take one out of the fridge, take a few swigs, seal it, set it on the counter, and listen to it crackle as it expands. LOL

And yeah, take a few swigs out of one, let it warm a bit, stick it back in the fridge. Yup, bottle crinkles down to half it's normal size.

Yeah, I guess you're correct. Didn't think of the tank shrinking due to cold weather, and no cap vent. Very astute observer.

Since I don't very often ride when it's cold, the event I described above happened during the summer months. If it had happened during the colder months, I may have had to get a new tank.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 03-13-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

ill stick with my stock chrome gas cap thank you