de baffle sound

Thread: de baffle sound

Question de baffle sound

Hi everyone.... I'm new and was wondering about the sound when drilling out baffles. I looked at video but some sound like there is a big difference and some very little. I have an 2007 9er. Is it worth doing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member DrDing.Muscle's Avatar

I am debaffled and drilled and mine sounds pretty good. I get compliments quite often on the sound. It's loud when twisting the throttle and quiet when just cruising. I say it is worth it.
    2012 Limited Edition M109R -- Corbin Seats and backrest -- Debaffled stock exhaust -- Yana Shiki 2" Risers -- Debeavered -- A&R 6k HID -- Stebel horn -- XTRE -- ISO Grips -- Scythe Mirrors

M109R Service Manual and other M109R Documents -

Between cameras and youtube, sound quality isn't there on the videos. I've ridden with DrDing.Muscle a lot. They sound good.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Between cameras and youtube, sound quality isn't there on the videos. I've ridden with DrDing.Muscle a lot. They sound good.
    Oh sure you have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Default I drilled 4 Holes in each plate 3/8 "

Quote Originally Posted by nickle View Post
    Hi everyone.... I'm new and was wondering about the sound when drilling out baffles. I looked at video but some sound like there is a big difference and some very little. I have an 2007 9er. Is it worth doing?

It sounds a lot deeper with more bass I'm happy with what I did and I'm thinking of putting 4 more holes in the end plates soon.

Best 15 minute exhaust mod you can do. As others said, it's louder and deeper than stock and not "open pipes" loud. You can still creep out and in of your neighbourhood but still get that V-Twin rumble with some extra throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Black M109R

Two wheels, a saddle, and gasoline cause temporary sanity...

Very Active Member

What, you don't like being the neighborhood alarm clock? Don't you like know that your neighbors won't be late for work when you crank your bike up @ 04:30 and blast out of your subdivision? Sure makes up for their hot tub and pool parties going till midnight!
    2012 M109R LE Power Commander V, XTRE, K&N intakes and filters, Sideburner, VStream Windscreen, lowering links, Cobra passenger pad

Member of the Torque and Recoil Club

great. will do it this weekend. No issues with fuel mapping or lean conditions?

I debaffled mine a few months ago. Still not as loud as aftermarket pipes, but does liven up the stock system. I like the sound better than with baffles, for sure.

No fuel or mapping issues on mine - an otherwise stock 06. I've ready you can do exhaust OR intakes without needing mapping done, but not both!

Mine we're also de baffled and I had no probs with my neighbours at 0530 work time. Now I have the Bassani Pro Streets its a different ball game. I'd have to wheel the bike out of town...

Very Active Member intimid8tor1951's Avatar

i did this mod cuz i couldnt afford the cobra swepts that i wanted. honestly now that ive done it other than the looks of the swepts i wouldnt really consider them. 600 for just the looks is a little too rich for my blood. i love the sound with just the debaffle mod.