<?> stock wheel, raked triple with fork extenders

Thread: <?> stock wheel, raked triple with fork extenders

Default <?> stock wheel, raked triple with fork extenders

I need a new triple tree but dont have the money for a 21' front wheel at the moment so I am trying this out as a plausable option. I know the rake issues involved with using a 6 or 7degree triple tree and using a OEM front wheel but I need some opinions from the Technical Experts...

If I have an Air ride that lowers the rear how is that affecting my rake? For the good or bad?

I know I need to keep it between 2.0 and 5.0 but if my rear is lowered it should compansate some of that difference right?

Also, does anyone use the Fork extenders? that comes with the Mortons?? I believe they are 4inchs long, so with an lowered rear and extenders, I should be above the 2.0 mark right?

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by palv109 View Post
    I need a new triple tree but dont have the money for a 21' front wheel at the moment so I am trying this out as a plausable option. I know the rake issues involved with using a 6 or 7degree triple tree and using a OEM front wheel but I need some opinions from the Technical Experts...

If I have an Air ride that lowers the rear how is that affecting my rake? For the good or bad?

I know I need to keep it between 2.0 and 5.0 but if my rear is lowered it should compansate some of that difference right?

Also, does anyone use the Fork extenders? that comes with the Mortons?? I believe they are 4inchs long, so with an lowered rear and extenders, I should be above the 2.0 mark right?
    I have the 7 degree Morton trees and ran a stock size front wheel for years without too much of an issue. It didn't like speed bumps though since the front sat lower with the rake and at 80 plus mph it had a front end vibration. I actually just switched to the 21" front and it is certainly way better and no vibration. Hope that helps you

Quote Originally Posted by Fatdaddy View Post
    I have the 7 degree Morton trees and ran a stock size front wheel for years without too much of an issue. It didn't like speed bumps though since the front sat lower with the rake and at 80 plus mph it had a front end vibration. I actually just switched to the 21" front and it is certainly way better and no vibration. Hope that helps you
    Did you use the fork extensions?

Is your bike lowered or stock hieght?

Thanks for the input thats exactly what I was looking to hear.

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Did you use the fork extensions?

Is your bike lowered or stock hieght?

Thanks for the input thats exactly what I was looking to hear.
    Yes it uses the extensions but it still lowers your front end with stock size rim. I was lowered 2 inches but now on air ride

2inches down in the front is allot. Even if the lower rear does bring rake into range, the entire bike is gonna be drastically lower. PA roads dont like low bikes... too many potholes and uneven roads!!

Ok... need to just look into finding a cheap front wheel..

2inches down in the front is allot. Even if the lower rear does bring rake into range, the entire bike is gonna be drastically lower. PA roads dont like low bikes... too many potholes and uneven roads!!

Ok... need to just look into finding a cheap front wheel..
    It was the rear that was lowered not the front

Yes it uses the extensions but it still lowers your front end with stock size rim. I was lowered 2 inches but now on air ride
    It was the rear that was lowered not the front
    Ok now im confused. The front end being lowered would make sence in my mind but not the rear... Sorry, I have never seen anyone with this combination so I am slightly nervous to drop this kinda money and not be able to use it until I spend double that money for new rims!!! If they made a 21'' stocker.. or stock looking rim I would be all over it.

Ok now im confused. The front end being lowered would make sence in my mind but not the rear... Sorry, I have never seen anyone with this combination so I am slightly nervous to drop this kinda money and not be able to use it until I spend double that money for new rims!!! If they made a 21'' stocker.. or stock looking rim I would be all over it.
    Google 'm109r mimic 21 inch/23 inch wheel'...
    readily available, as is the 10 inch rear mimic rim