Air Ride ?

Thread: Air Ride ?

Default Air Ride ?

Ok, I have decided Air Ride is the way I want to go so can anyone recommend a brand ? also I will be riding two up a lot of the time do I need to do anything out of the ordinary because we are two up ?
    Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I personally haven't had any issues with my Tricky but others have. Now there was that one issue with the knuckle but Swampworks took care of that for a lot of us. Problem solved. I ride two up a lot as well on my 9 and I love it. Smooth as can be for us two.

whatever you do don't get the Platinum. I installed a couple of weeks ago and didn't like it.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    whatever you do don't get the Platinum. I installed a couple of weeks ago and didn't like it.
    What didn't you like Andy?

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    What didn't you like Andy?
    Didn't like the way you have to use that ugly toggle switches cuz its connected straight to the manifold with 40 inches of wire that you can't do nothing with except roll it up, didn't like the rebound control all it does is pull the shock down using the rebound it feels like crap and without the rebound its spongee. The manifold is like 3 x 5 and 1 1/2 thick. you can't use no other remote control except thiers.
    Last edited by some 9; 05-18-2015 at 09:26 AM.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

I have the Tricky on mine. No problems and no complaints

I also have the Tricky and haven't had any problems.

Same here. Have a tricky system with no problem. It runs a bit firm, even on softer setting but it's perfect for two up. Prob better two up that with just one.

I have Platinum Air Ride set up. No complaints, great with 2 up.

Arnott here... No major issues after 3 years but personally wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Try some of the newer setups like the tricky that are designed for our bikes.

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"

I have the tricky as well and have had no problems with the exception of having to replace the knuckle with the swampworks one which is about a billion times better than the original.
    Dealing with tricky themselves was a PITA but the air ride does it's job and I love it. Wife loves it way more than OEM which compressed her spine with every bump.
    07 Pearl M109R: Cobra Swepts, Chrome Derby Cover, PC III USB, Chrome Swing Arm, Debeavered, Poor Mans Chrome Rad , Debadged, Tach Relocation, White Front Reflectors, Smoked Signal and Brake Lights, Front Signals into LED Driving lights, Holley Intakes, Tricky Air Ride, HID Headlight, TRE, 250 Fat Rear Tire, '11 Black Rims, Painted Rotors, Switchblade pegs, Arlen Ness Grips, ISO rear grips, OEM Crash Bars, Chrome kickstand, and more to come....

Very Active Member Biggielatino's Avatar

I have the tricky too. At first I had issues with leaks but was able to get them sealed. I also bought the knuckle from swamp works to replace the original from Tricky air ride. I've been very happy with it,

Pardon my ignorance, guys... But what is the big advantage of air? Does it ride better, or do you all just like the look of a slammed bike?
    Four wheels move the body, two move the soul.

Yep!!! ^^^
    Some will tell you an air ride is garbage, but if you get them set up right they are a good suspension option.....and the bike looks mad when slammed.
    Do yourself a favour and do your front fork springs too. Stock springs are crap and under-rated.
    Last edited by Chops; 05-28-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quinnbristow View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, guys... But what is the big advantage of air? Does it ride better, or do you all just like the look of a slammed bike?
    I have back issues. Had trouble riding the bike before Airride... Now I can go 200+ miles a day and not have any major issues. HUGE different in ride quality.

"Do you see motorcycles in front of a psychiatrist office...no because riding is its own therapy, it has a way of making things better"