my wife is trying to ruin my summer. .......
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: my wife is trying to ruin my summer. .......

  1. #1
    Very Active Member RUBZERK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wrightsville, PA.
    Posts
    3,941

    Thumbs down my wife is trying to ruin my summer. .......

    My wife we to our local county park and rented a 20x40 garden plot.
    She thinks I have a lot of time on my hands to play in the dirt. She wants to grow vegetables and flowers. Some for our home and the rest to donate to the less fortunate. I'm a city guy. I don't know crap about farming. FML.

    "You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    235

    Default


  4. #3
    Very Active Member SKIDMARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND
    Posts
    9,223

    Default


    Cheer up and stop Whining, Thats what she would say if she read your Thread,


    Name:  2011-05-18-LoGiudice-Boys-0025.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  29.0 KB

  5. #4
    Very Active Member RUBZERK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wrightsville, PA.
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    THATS AN UGLY BABY.

    "You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

  6. #5
    Very Active Member tcolt45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    414

    Default

    what you need to do is the first time you guys go out to garden just mess everything up and she will never ask you again.
    2014 M109R B.O.S.S.


  7. #6
    Very Active Member TRod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    McPherson, KS
    Posts
    6,619

    Default

    Accidental application of Roundup should fix that. But honey, I thought it was fertilizer.

  8. #7
    Very Active Member RUBZERK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wrightsville, PA.
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    I told her she should go find the less fortunate person now and have them help you. i got the finger.

    "You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

  9. #8
    Very Active Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hillsboro Missouri
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    OK Zerk. I usually reserve this kinda stuff for my best friends. But after all we are family. Get the stuff planted and get it coming up good. When it starts to get hot and dry fertilize. Real , real , real heavy. The fertilizer will burn it up and the summer will be yours. You're welcome in advance.

  10. #9
    Very Active Member hunt1moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    My garden is theraputic. Not very big but can produce a lot of produce. Two 4'x8' raised beds with sto-bought dirt. Over 150 cherry tomatoes, probably 80+ Better Boy tomatoes, 50+ cucumbers, asparagus, jalopenas, bell peppers, beets, collars, turnips and right now lettuce. Easy to work and les maintenance.

  11. #10
    Very Active Member fatboy99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Smashville, TN
    Posts
    844

    Default

    It's not so much about the know how as it is the time advailable to pursue this little hobby.

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    My wife we to our local county park and rented a 20x40 garden plot.
    She thinks I have a lot of time on my hands to play in the dirt. She wants to grow vegetables and flowers. Some for our home and the rest to donate to the less fortunate. I'm a city guy. I don't know crap about farming. FML.
    You will learn grasshoppa......And prolly a smart thing, growing your own food.............




  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    My garden is theraputic. Not very big but can produce a lot of produce. Two 4'x8' raised beds with sto-bought dirt. Over 150 cherry tomatoes, probably 80+ Better Boy tomatoes, 50+ cucumbers, asparagus, jalopenas, bell peppers, beets, collars, turnips and right now lettuce. Easy to work and les maintenance.
    Perfect!!!!!!!!!!! And put some maters in bails of hay and watch those things go bonkers..........




  14. #13
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Perfect!!!!!!!!!!! And put some maters in bails of hay and watch those things go bonkers..........
    My brother plants them that way, and I'd never seen anyone else do it. He soaks the bales really good for a couple days, hollows out a couple holes in the hay, and puts the plants in with just a little dirt in the holes. They do grow crazy like that.

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-1 View Post
    My brother plants them that way, and I'd never seen anyone else do it. He soaks the bales really good for a couple days, hollows out a couple holes in the hay, and puts the plants in with just a little dirt in the holes. They do grow crazy like that.
    Yes sir. BUT,,, the hollowing out of the holes is a batch. That straw dulls a knife real fast LOL. But yes, they heat from the bail makes the maters go bonkers. They love heat........




  16. #15
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Yes sir. BUT,,, the hollowing out of the holes is a batch. That straw dulls a knife real fast LOL. But yes, they heat from the bail makes the maters go bonkers. They love heat........

    He doesn't use a knife, he uses one of those things you put on a drill to plant flower bulbs with. Looks like a big wood boring bit. I thought it would just wrap straw around it, but if you run it in slow it cuts a nice hole.

  17. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-1 View Post
    He doesn't use a knife, he uses one of those things you put on a drill to plant flower bulbs with. Looks like a big wood boring bit. I thought it would just wrap straw around it, but if you run it in slow it cuts a nice hole.
    sweet. Thanks for the info! ........I'll be doing that at the new place..........




  18. #17
    Very Active Member The Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Napa,CA
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    My wife we to our local county park and rented a 20x40 garden plot.
    She thinks I have a lot of time on my hands to play in the dirt. She wants to grow vegetables and flowers. Some for our home and the rest to donate to the less fortunate. I'm a city guy. I don't know crap about farming. FML.
    Our garden is 22x50 and it seems like we could feed the whole town with all the crap she grows. I till it for her before each seasonal planting but that's about it. She spends a ridiculous amount of time weeding, says it's therapeutic. I like the fresh food though and so do all of our neighbors. Make deal with her: you'll prep and plant the thing as long as she maintains it. You'll spend a couple of days working it and she'll be working it the whole summer when you're out riding! ha, ha.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  19. #18
    Very Active Member RUBZERK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wrightsville, PA.
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    It's been tilled 3 times in the past 9 days. I took her seed store Saturday. Spent $70+ on seeds And fertilizer. Today she came home with 8 bags of topsoil to mix in.
    I'm installing a hitch on her Audi Q5 so she can mount a carrier from harbor freight.
    going to get her a 35 gallon drum and mount a faucet so she can fill it with water to maintain HER hobby. There is a water hydrant she can fill the barrel since it is to far from her garden.
    trying to make it simple and easy for her to do it all herself.

    "You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

  20. #19
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Marriage is about give and take, right? So if she drags you into gardening, you can drag her into modding your bike (or, more accurately, holding the light and handing you tools) Everybody wins!

  21. #20
    Very Active Member Stavros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    King City, Ont
    Posts
    8,258

    Default

    Next you'll be trading the bike in for a tractor...
    Stav

  22. #21
    Very Active Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hillsboro Missouri
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Next you'll be trading the bike in for a tractor...
    He can always get a Harley. Same difference.............................that was uncalled for but I just couldn't pass it up.

  23. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    It's been tilled 3 times in the past 9 days. I took her seed store Saturday. Spent $70+ on seeds And fertilizer. Today she came home with 8 bags of topsoil to mix in.
    I'm installing a hitch on her Audi Q5 so she can mount a carrier from harbor freight.
    going to get her a 35 gallon drum and mount a faucet so she can fill it with water to maintain HER hobby. There is a water hydrant she can fill the barrel since it is to far from her garden.
    trying to make it simple and easy for her to do it all herself.
    LAZY BASTID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chezzzzzzzz




  24. #23
    Very Active Member hunt1moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    You wouldn't believe how much you can get out of a couple of small raised beds.


  25. #24
    Very Active Member jhardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    morehead city and lagrange,nc
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-07_06-46-12_997.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	256937 Here is one of my gardens, cabbage, collards, spinach, corn, onions, and carrotts, the other garden has cukes, watermlons, cantelopes, potatoes and I am sure I left something out....oh yeah Brussels sprouts and broccoli
    IF IT AIN'T RED........LEAVE IT IN THE SHED

  26. #25
    Very Active Member RUBZERK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wrightsville, PA.
    Posts
    3,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhardy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-07_06-46-12_997.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	256937 Here is one of my gardens, cabbage, collards, spinach, corn, onions, and carrotts, the other garden has cukes, watermlons, cantelopes, potatoes and I am sure I left something out....oh yeah Brussels sprouts and broccoli
    Impressive. I tried to grow Brussels for 3 years and have yet to succeed.
    I installed a deer block fence for her last week. Now she's on her own. I told her I'd stop by once she has stuff growing. So I'm free for a few weeks. She's going to grow potatoes in the yard at home Along with tomatoes and peppers.

    "You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

  27. #26
    Very Active Member hunt1moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    2,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhardy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-07_06-46-12_997.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	256937 Here is one of my gardens, cabbage, collards, spinach, corn, onions, and carrotts, the other garden has cukes, watermlons, cantelopes, potatoes and I am sure I left something out....oh yeah Brussels sprouts and broccoli
    I just got back from Greenville. Forgot how flat it was out that way.

  28. #27
    Very Active Member The Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Napa,CA
    Posts
    3,359

    Default

    I pointed out a bunch of info on the benefits of NOT rototilling (the new school of thought is it disrupts the microbiological ecosystem or something like that). She bought it, even less work for me!
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

  29. #28
    Very Active Member RUBZERK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wrightsville, PA.
    Posts
    3,941

    Red face

    Well, got the wife's watering system all hooked up so she doesn't have a carry 5 gallon buckets of water 100 yards. Now she can just pull up to the farm hydrant and fill up her barrel.
    Damn I'm good
    and she's happy And doesn't need me.



    "You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

  30. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    Well, got the wife's watering system all hooked up so she doesn't have a carry 5 gallon buckets of water 100 yards. Now she can just pull up to the farm hydrant and fill up her barrel.
    Damn I'm good
    and she's happy And doesn't need me.


    That can't be a good thing LOL




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •