my wife is trying to ruin my summer. .......

Thread: my wife is trying to ruin my summer. .......

Thumbs down my wife is trying to ruin my summer. .......

My wife we to our local county park and rented a 20x40 garden plot.
    She thinks I have a lot of time on my hands to play in the dirt. She wants to grow vegetables and flowers. Some for our home and the rest to donate to the less fortunate. I'm a city guy. I don't know crap about farming. FML.

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

LAND OF THE LONG WHITE SMOKE CLOUD,.NEW ZEALAND

Cheer up and stop Whining, Thats what she would say if she read your Thread,

Name:  2011-05-18-LoGiudice-Boys-0025.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  29.0 KB

THATS AN UGLY BABY.

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

what you need to do is the first time you guys go out to garden just mess everything up and she will never ask you again.
    2014 M109R B.O.S.S.

Accidental application of Roundup should fix that. But honey, I thought it was fertilizer.

I told her she should go find the less fortunate person now and have them help you. i got the finger.

RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

OK Zerk. I usually reserve this kinda stuff for my best friends. But after all we are family. Get the stuff planted and get it coming up good. When it starts to get hot and dry fertilize. Real , real , real heavy. The fertilizer will burn it up and the summer will be yours. You're welcome in advance.

My garden is theraputic. Not very big but can produce a lot of produce. Two 4'x8' raised beds with sto-bought dirt. Over 150 cherry tomatoes, probably 80+ Better Boy tomatoes, 50+ cucumbers, asparagus, jalopenas, bell peppers, beets, collars, turnips and right now lettuce. Easy to work and les maintenance.

It's not so much about the know how as it is the time advailable to pursue this little hobby.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    She thinks I have a lot of time on my hands to play in the dirt. She wants to grow vegetables and flowers. Some for our home and the rest to donate to the less fortunate. I'm a city guy. I don't know crap about farming. FML.
    You will learn grasshoppa......And prolly a smart thing, growing your own food.............

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
    My garden is theraputic. Not very big but can produce a lot of produce. Two 4'x8' raised beds with sto-bought dirt. Over 150 cherry tomatoes, probably 80+ Better Boy tomatoes, 50+ cucumbers, asparagus, jalopenas, bell peppers, beets, collars, turnips and right now lettuce. Easy to work and les maintenance.
    Perfect!!!!!!!!!!! And put some maters in bails of hay and watch those things go bonkers..........

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Perfect!!!!!!!!!!! And put some maters in bails of hay and watch those things go bonkers..........
    My brother plants them that way, and I'd never seen anyone else do it. He soaks the bales really good for a couple days, hollows out a couple holes in the hay, and puts the plants in with just a little dirt in the holes. They do grow crazy like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-1 View Post
    My brother plants them that way, and I'd never seen anyone else do it. He soaks the bales really good for a couple days, hollows out a couple holes in the hay, and puts the plants in with just a little dirt in the holes. They do grow crazy like that.
    Yes sir. BUT,,, the hollowing out of the holes is a batch. That straw dulls a knife real fast LOL. But yes, they heat from the bail makes the maters go bonkers. They love heat........

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Yes sir. BUT,,, the hollowing out of the holes is a batch. That straw dulls a knife real fast LOL. But yes, they heat from the bail makes the maters go bonkers. They love heat........

He doesn't use a knife, he uses one of those things you put on a drill to plant flower bulbs with. Looks like a big wood boring bit. I thought it would just wrap straw around it, but if you run it in slow it cuts a nice hole.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Board Support-1 View Post
    He doesn't use a knife, he uses one of those things you put on a drill to plant flower bulbs with. Looks like a big wood boring bit. I thought it would just wrap straw around it, but if you run it in slow it cuts a nice hole.
    sweet. Thanks for the info! ........I'll be doing that at the new place..........

Our garden is 22x50 and it seems like we could feed the whole town with all the crap she grows. I till it for her before each seasonal planting but that's about it. She spends a ridiculous amount of time weeding, says it's therapeutic. I like the fresh food though and so do all of our neighbors. Make deal with her: you'll prep and plant the thing as long as she maintains it. You'll spend a couple of days working it and she'll be working it the whole summer when you're out riding! ha, ha.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

It's been tilled 3 times in the past 9 days. I took her seed store Saturday. Spent $70+ on seeds And fertilizer. Today she came home with 8 bags of topsoil to mix in.
    I'm installing a hitch on her Audi Q5 so she can mount a carrier from harbor freight.
    going to get her a 35 gallon drum and mount a faucet so she can fill it with water to maintain HER hobby. There is a water hydrant she can fill the barrel since it is to far from her garden.
    trying to make it simple and easy for her to do it all herself.

RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Very Active Member

Marriage is about give and take, right? So if she drags you into gardening, you can drag her into modding your bike (or, more accurately, holding the light and handing you tools) Everybody wins!

Next you'll be trading the bike in for a tractor...
    Stav

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Next you'll be trading the bike in for a tractor...
    He can always get a Harley. Same difference.............................that was uncalled for but I just couldn't pass it up.

Banned

It's been tilled 3 times in the past 9 days. I took her seed store Saturday. Spent $70+ on seeds And fertilizer. Today she came home with 8 bags of topsoil to mix in.
    I'm installing a hitch on her Audi Q5 so she can mount a carrier from harbor freight.
    going to get her a 35 gallon drum and mount a faucet so she can fill it with water to maintain HER hobby. There is a water hydrant she can fill the barrel since it is to far from her garden.
    trying to make it simple and easy for her to do it all herself.
    LAZY BASTID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chezzzzzzzz

You wouldn't believe how much you can get out of a couple of small raised beds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-07_06-46-12_997.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	256937 Here is one of my gardens, cabbage, collards, spinach, corn, onions, and carrotts, the other garden has cukes, watermlons, cantelopes, potatoes and I am sure I left something out....oh yeah Brussels sprouts and broccoli
    IF IT AIN'T RED........LEAVE IT IN THE SHED

Quote Originally Posted by jhardy View Post

ID:	256937 Here is one of my gardens, cabbage, collards, spinach, corn, onions, and carrotts, the other garden has cukes, watermlons, cantelopes, potatoes and I am sure I left something out....oh yeah Brussels sprouts and broccoli
    Impressive. I tried to grow Brussels for 3 years and have yet to succeed.
    I installed a deer block fence for her last week. Now she's on her own. I told her I'd stop by once she has stuff growing. So I'm free for a few weeks. She's going to grow potatoes in the yard at home Along with tomatoes and peppers.

RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Quote Originally Posted by jhardy View Post

I just got back from Greenville. Forgot how flat it was out that way.

I pointed out a bunch of info on the benefits of NOT rototilling (the new school of thought is it disrupts the microbiological ecosystem or something like that). She bought it, even less work for me!
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Red face

Well, got the wife's watering system all hooked up so she doesn't have a carry 5 gallon buckets of water 100 yards. Now she can just pull up to the farm hydrant and fill up her barrel.
    Damn I'm good
    and she's happy And doesn't need me.

RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Banned

Well, got the wife's watering system all hooked up so she doesn't have a carry 5 gallon buckets of water 100 yards. Now she can just pull up to the farm hydrant and fill up her barrel.
    Damn I'm good
    and she's happy And doesn't need me.

That can't be a good thing LOL