M109 Rider Forums banner

sideburner

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  clinkster 
#1 ·
how much louder is shortened,than full length?big difference or more for looks? hardkrome sent me new header pipes,don't know if i wanna wrap them,shorten them,or just replace. also thinking of cutting the scoop off the muffler,maybe make it a slash cut<any thoughts or pics.....

#2 ·
Sorry I couldn't tell you the difference in the sound, but the shortened ICEBOX version sounds NICEEEE. 1-3 gear is loud but that's obviously because you are hitting those RPM's hard, but 4th and 5th gear isn't as bad. It just sounds mean, makes a night and day difference for sure. I let two of my buddies ride the bike after I got the exhaust installed and they love it, it is definitely a head turner. Andy from Swampworks did an awsome job hooking me up!

#3 ·
Clinkster, I actually have the IceBox Shorty SideBurner, and it is (in my opinion) the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard on the 9. It's not that the Shorty SideBurner is louder than the full length SideBurner, as much as it is that the sound is just so much deeper. The shorty version has a very deep rumble or growl to it. I always describe the sound to be like a gorilla on steroids. As for cutting off the bend or the scoop of the exhaust...I think that would be a bad move. The shorty version is the perfect look for the 9 (again, in my opinion).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.