M109 Rider Forums banner

The blurple 9 is having some issues

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  gt18t 
#1 · (Edited)
2006 m109r
Power commander III usb running cobra slasher map stock air filter.
Cobra long shot exhaust
14xxx miles

When I first bought this bike the fi light was on, but I was told that this was due to the servo motor not being connected.
On Monday, I was going out for a ride, and I noticed a slow crank. Bike would not start. I smelled a little gas, and I just let the bike sit. I put it back on the battrey tender, and let it sit fir a few hours. After sitting on charger, it started right up. Did not take it out on Monday. Left on tender since Monday

Yesterday, I took her out. After about 15 minutes of riding, the bike would stall at the light I world have to rev the motor to keep it on. I thought it was bad gas, so I jumped on the express way trying to blow it out. I noticed the bike started to surge at about 4500 rpm on the expressway. Then my fuel light came on, I got gas and parked for a sec. On the way home, it got worse. Would not stay on unless it was revved. At this point the bike was running like garbage. About a mile from my house the fi light started blinking. I played with it alittle when I got home, and the only way that it would stay running was if the rpm was over 2000. I plugged in the power commander to my computer, and I didn't see any errors except when I tried to update the firmwar, but I out that was because you need the pig tail to do that via a 9v battery. I'm stumped, because it ran fine, other than recently. I don't know if It Is the battery, or if something Is drawing or etc. Any thoughts?

See less See more
#4 ·
Here's what I would do:

1. Buy and install the Servo Buddy, if the F1 is trying to show a problem other than the servo unit you won't really know.

2. In the meantime, visually check all electrical connects relating to ignition,ie. power commander, little brown connection under the tank, etc.

3. I would add some Seafoam to the gas tank and ride it to get the Seafoam throughout the system.

4. If that did not help I would look at changing the gas filter.

That's it for now.

#9 ·
Additionally, don't count out the possibility that the PCi III has gone bad. Anytime you're diagnosing an problem you should always make one change at a time and test so with that being said, if after completing each of the above-mentioned recommendations you're still experiencing issue, I would recommend disconnecting the PCi III.

#15 ·
UPDATE:

First I stated the bike last night, in it started right up. Next I did the jumper mood and pulled the code. C46 is what came up. I know that's the exhaust code. Here's where it gets interesting... I left the jumper in place, and the fi light disappeared. Started bike, and code C00 came up. Bike ran flawlessly. Took the jumper off, fi light came back on. I did this several times. Jumper in, no fi light. C00 code. Jumper out, fi light c46. Has anyone else experienced this, or does this make sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.