M109 Rider Forums banner

3M Paint Defender Spray Coating

6K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  thevili 
#1 ·
3M Paint Defender spray coating. Anybody try this stuff? I purchased a can and am putting it on a extra side panel as a test. So far it looks great very clear and hard to tell it is even there. It takes 4 days to fully cure. It may be the answer to protecting the chin spoiler from road debris.

#4 ·
Yes update us please. I'm having my chin scoop repainted now since it took a beating last season. I thought of using clear film on it

#6 ·
I have used the clear Plasti Dip and it is not clear or smooth. I have it on my chin spoiler and headlight chrome piece. I used two coats of flat black and three coats of clear. It is holding up very well for the three years it has been on. It is not a shiny finish and no need to wax it. The 3M stuff is crystal clear and it can be waxed you just can not clean it with cleaner that has ammonia in it. It is also very clear and smooth.

#12 ·
2 things, plastiDip now has a gloss clear coat you can buy if you want to go that way but the 3M stuff should be perfect for areas you don't want chipped. DO NOT mix them though. If you spray 3M over plastidip, it will never come off. Guy on the plastidip forum found out the hard way.

#19 ·
Go Auto Zone they got there Chit together

As far as the 3m Spray there is a prep kit also. I walked in to Auto Zone 4 days ago looking, for the film or this 3m spray. They all looked at me like I had 2 heads. As I'm walking out, 4' right in front OF THEM!!! THERE WAS A CLEARANCE RACK. 4' right in front of them, there it was! (3) 3m spray cans and (3) 3m prep kits I bougth TWO of each paid under 9 bucks for all of it:bigthumbsup: What a bunch of IDIOTS, nothing gets over on them:eek: I guess thats what you get for 8 bucks and hour.

#20 ·
As far as the 3m Spray there is a prep kit also. I walked in to Auto Zone 4 days ago looking, for the film or this 3m spray. They all looked at me like I had 2 heads. As I'm walking out, 4' right in front OF THEM!!! THERE WAS A CLEARANCE RACK. 4' right in front of them, there it was! (3) 3m spray cans and (3) 3m prep kits I bougth TWO of each paid under 9 bucks for all of it:bigthumbsup: What a bunch of IDIOTS, nothing gets over on them:eek: I guess thats what you get for 8 bucks and hour.
I immigrated to wrong country LOL!!! We don't have Auto Zone here in Ontario and I did not find that clear 3M rattle can anywhere here either.. :-(..

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.