M109 Rider Forums banner

Hat or Beanie to wear while riding?

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Persian_109 
#1 ·
Silly question possibly but can anyone recommend a beanie or hat I can wear while riding my bike? It gets up in the 100+ temperature in the summer time in Texas and trying to see what other options there are on days I do decide to be reckless and not wear a helmet. I do sometimes wear a ballcap backwards but that dang thing wants to fly off my head every few seconds, any suggestions?

#11 ·
I use a du rag sometimes. Works well. Hats never stay on either.
troy

#15 ·
Wouldn't wear a dew rag on a dare. Skullies work well have them also but really like the tight knit skater caps. Have had 3 for the last 7 or 8 years have done a dime plus wearing a couple and still have them. Agree the best beanie is my full face helmet. And I am not a youngster at all before the conversation goes there just 50 and fit.

#19 ·
Carhartt beanie for me

It would feel awkward to ride without a helmet (kinda like making a lane change without using the signal). If I were to ride without one, I would wear a Carhartt beanie. I have a few that are snug enough to stay on at higher speeds. :bigthumbsup:

#20 ·
I do wear a half helmet if me and the buddies are going on a 1-2hour+ ride, but when picking up speed 80+ I can really feel wind resistance hitting the helmet. Maybe just a drawback of the half helmet. /shrug.

It would feel awkward to ride without a helmet (kinda like making a lane change without using the signal). If I were to ride without one, I would wear a Carhartt beanie. I have a few that are snug enough to stay on at higher speeds. :bigthumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.