Draper Lake today?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Draper Lake today?

  1. #1
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,303

    Default Draper Lake today?

    While out riding around Draper today, saw two other nines. One all black and one red and black.

    Anyone here?

    Not very often I see another NINE out here, even though the local dealer sells everyone they get (they get a lot).
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Pics or it didn't happen Pal,,, You know da rules LOL

    I just got back from 111 miles and found me a new c antenna. Man it was good and I couldn't finish what they put on the plate. I think that's a first....




  4. #3
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen Pal,,, You know da rules LOL

    I just got back from 111 miles and found me a new c antenna. Man it was good and I couldn't finish what they put on the plate. I think that's a first....
    I don't take pictures when I'm hot-dogging it around a curvy road. I was fortunate to even recognize them as 109's in the first place, I was travelling well above the legal limit when they went putt-putting past me going the opposite way.

    Anyway, I'll be out there again tomorrow. Maybe I'll see one or both of them again. They were both riding so slow, I could easily have made a u-turn and ran them down. Just chose to continue on my merry way.

    How's your painted chin holding up? My Low & Mean chrome one is still picture perfect. I guess the Low & Mean fender does a good job of protecting it, even the bottom is still flawless. On that fender, have not had to clean a bug out of my radiator ever since I installed it. And no, it does not overheat. I can leave a parking lot with the temperature at 210 degrees, within five miles it's around 190. Have a temperature gauge on the dipstick. When the motor is cold, it even matches the ambient temperature the news channel says it is at the time.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 03-28-2015 at 09:38 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great NW
    Posts
    15,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I don't take pictures when I'm hot-dogging it around a curvy road. I was fortunate to even recognize them as 109's in the first place, I was travelling well above the legal limit when they went putt-putting past me going the opposite way.

    Anyway, I'll be out there again tomorrow. Maybe I'll see one or both of them again. They were both riding so slow, I could easily have made a u-turn and ran them down. Just chose to continue on my merry way.

    How's your painted chin holding up? My Low & Mean chrome one is still picture perfect. I guess the Low & Mean fender does a good job of protecting it, even the bottom is still flawless. On that fender, have not had to clean a bug out of my radiator ever since I installed it. And no, it does not overheat. I can leave a parking lot with the temperature at 210 degrees, within five miles it's around 190. Have a temperature gauge on the dipstick. When the motor is cold, it even matches the ambient temperature the news channel says it is at the time.
    My pretty paint matched chin was toast in 15 minutes here. Pizzed me off, so I painted it with truck bed liner paint haven't had a prob since LOL. I had a lot of time in that thing, and 3 coats of 2 part clear. The rocks here destroyed it that fast........




  7. #5
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,303

    Default

    Spent several hours around the lake today, did not see another NINE. Oh well.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


  8. #6
    Very Active Member cbxer55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    My pretty paint matched chin was toast in 15 minutes here. Pizzed me off, so I painted it with truck bed liner paint haven't had a prob since LOL. I had a lot of time in that thing, and 3 coats of 2 part clear. The rocks here destroyed it that fast........
    What color truck bed liner paint did you use? I guess that stuff is available in many colors, just none of them shiny far as I know. Kind of a bumpy finish though.

    Looked at my chrome one again today after another 100 miles around the lake. Not a scratch to be seen, chrome still perfect. Don't know how this is happening, the L & M fender should do nothing for the underside. I know L & M said chroming fiberglass is a b-itch. But they sure did a bang-up job on the one I bought.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •