M109 Rider Forums banner

Can't get it started

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  jlysius 
#1 ·
Looking for a little help here. I took my tank off to get painted and now I have it back on. I have the everything hooked up under the seat and put the cables back on. The bike has power and it runs through it's normal course prior to starting. When I go to start it, all it does is make 1 initial click. The click is coming from the fuse box. I checked all of the fuses under the seat but all are good. Any suggestions......

#7 · (Edited)
So you are saying all electronics are working, but when you try to start it, it just clicks once and is not actually turning over? The click might be the relay for the starter. Maybe the battery isn't strong enough to turn it over, battery terminal connections are loose or the starter is jammed or somehow disconnected?

#9 ·
Have you really checked visually all the wires on the 'infamous" brown plug ?On both sides of it???? The male and female prongs on that plug have a tendency not to mate! Therefore one or the other pushes the opposite wire out of the connector, which you can see only if you really look close!!! It just looks different then the surrounding ones.. Peek in again.. Trust me!

By the time I finished my writing you got it!! Awesome!!

#12 ·
Bike wont start

Had some work done to my 08 M109r. Started my bike up daily to ensure everything was good. Last day of that week bike started but quickly died. Tried to start bike again and wont start for nothing. I don't believe its the brown wire cuz ive had that issue and that was fixed. Can anybody help with this issue. Thanks in Advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.