M109 Rider Forums banner

Q5 air intakes?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MEANM109R 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me that owns these air intakes, are they symmetrical on both sides? They are same height and look identical from the top view both even? Or do they sit like the spiked air intakes that you can get off of ebay?

Thanks much
Ted

#2 · (Edited)
Same both sides bro.

#3 ·
Yes, they are symmetric, and they are extremely heavy as well. They look good for sure, but they add quite a bit of weight to the bike. Just thought I would throw that in there in case you weren't aware, because once you order, receive and unpackage them from the original box and packaging, you will be charged an enormous re-stocking fee if you decide to return them.

#4 ·
Does anyone run the Q5s?

Does anyone run the Q5 intakes? I just installed them this evening, was not a bad job at all. I did notice a couple odd things about them and wanted to chat with someone that has them installed. Drop me a line and I will PM you my # or call you directly. Thanks

#5 ·
Q5 installed and Velocity Pro Question

I have just installed the Q5 intakes, have my Fi2000 tuner on order its shipping now. Can I ride the bike still even though I have the Velocity Pro and Q5s installed without the fuel tuner? I thought I read its dangerous on the engine until I get the tuner now installed? Got the itch and its going to be the best weather its been all year here tomorrow and I happen to be off.

#6 ·
I have just installed the Q5 intakes, have my Fi2000 tuner on order its shipping now. Can I ride the bike still even though I have the Velocity Pro and Q5s installed without the fuel tuner? I thought I read its dangerous on the engine until I get the tuner now installed? Got the itch and its going to be the best weather its been all year here tomorrow and I happen to be off.
Not recommended for long term use but for a day it shouldn't be an issue may have some serious backfiring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.