How many "original" members are still here ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many "original" members are still here ?

i will always be around.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

joined 3/08, right after I bought my 07 new. Hard to believe it has been that many years. Lots of ups and downs here that's for sure. It takes all kinds, I suppose. I sure made a lot of good friends in the last 7 years, friends that I will hopefully keep for a long time. I still lurk here a little, post occasionally but no longer have the 9. Bought a 14 GL1800, what a difference. Comfort at long last! The 109 is not a bike for people with back issues. The wing is most assuredly the best move I could have made.

Saw most of the scammers come and go, saw the forum gurus come and go, new experts being made every couple of months. lol Saw lots of arguments and good deeds, too. Still see forum rules ignored for some, not for others. The site has really changed in the last year or so, not for the better. Too many cliques and trash talk. The for sale forum is useless, either folks comment and run the post down or they PM you to tell you what your stuff is worth (to them, even though they aren't interested). Some things never change, some do. I even changed my screen name. Just the way it is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gone fishin' View Post
    joined 3/08, right after I bought my 07 new. Hard to believe it has been that many years. Lots of ups and downs here that's for sure. It takes all kinds, I suppose. I sure made a lot of good friends in the last 7 years, friends that I will hopefully keep for a long time. I still lurk here a little, post occasionally but no longer have the 9. Bought a 14 GL1800, what a difference. Comfort at long last! The 109 is not a bike for people with back issues. The wing is most assuredly the best move I could have made.

Saw most of the scammers come and go, saw the forum gurus come and go, new experts being made every couple of months. lol Saw lots of arguments and good deeds, too. Still see forum rules ignored for some, not for others. The site has really changed in the last year or so, not for the better. Too many cliques and trash talk. The for sale forum is useless, either folks comment and run the post down or they PM you to tell you what your stuff is worth (to them, even though they aren't interested). Some things never change, some do. I even changed my screen name. Just the way it is.
    Well,,,,,,I like your location,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm still here, still riding the 9. I breeze through once in a while to check threads, but dont post too often.
    2008 M109R2 | Black |

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by lostrider View Post
    Been around since the very start. I believe I was number #4 or #5 to join. Very seldom post anymore. Still love the 9 but unfortunately I sold her some time ago to a great guy in K109 who has given my former beast a great home. I have also been here long enough to know that the above guy has been nothing but a condescending, disrespectful azz. His post have been all about how great he is and how stupid everyone else is. You had 5000 worthless post about you. Funny didn't you recently say that this was your last year with the 9 since everyone drives like they want to kill you when you ride. NO need to respond since I'm sure you have a ready made answer. I will say that anyone who has been here long enough knows exactly what you are about. It's all about shock value for you and always taking the opposing side of any argument just to be a chit stirring antagonist. So, now have at it with some clever little retort since we all know you don't watch T.V., read newspapers or do anything other than tell everyone what is wrong with them. Ready set go.
    I could not agree more Ray!

Very Active Member halfdome109r's Avatar

Hey chief nope actually Russ sold both bikes he's all about guns now.

I still have not been the mammoth yet. That would be a great run if it's the Nor CA group. Pretty long haul for the SoCal guys.

Quote Originally Posted by halfdome109r View Post
    Hey chief nope actually Russ sold both bikes he's all about guns now.

I still have not been the mammoth yet. That would be a great run if it's the Nor CA group. Pretty long haul for the SoCal guys.
    Wow, I can't picture Russ without a motorcycle. He probably still has his scooters though, going to be a long haul to Mammoth on one of those things.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Very Active Member halfdome109r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Wow, I can't picture Russ without a motorcycle. He probably still has his scooters though, going to be a long haul to Mammoth on one of those things.
    I could see him bringing the moter home. I'm sure he'll come out one way or another.
    Life is too short, live it your way.

Still around...

Still riding...

Still have one or two more crazy ideas for the 9...
    __________________Halo's... Inner light... I'm not that kind of Angel ______________________

Default "Late" But Still Here

Still Here.

BELIEVE WHAT IS, NOT WHAT YOU THINK !
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”

Very Active Member

Still here, mostly lurking now days

Remember all the fun, later on the drama, and even later the BS with competing forums

Still here, been here since '06.Think the site started in like March or May, I can't remember. One of the original members. On here when I can be, just working on these bikes a lot. Now on this sites 3rd server and I am sure there will be at least one more.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Default Thread Revival! Still Here

Still riding the 9 since May '06 and I still logon here occasionally. Nice to see some familiar names.

Still Here !
    07 Black M109R, Full cut Suz Gel Seat, CW Drivers backrest, Forward pegs, Breakaway Cruize Control, GI-PRO Blue, 2 inch risers, 2.25 lowering bones, Techmount radar det mnt, Tach relocate, alarm, debeavered, debadged, debitched

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar

I'm still here but I'm a traitor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983 View Post
    I'm still here but I'm a traitor.
    LOL

Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar

That's only the best scene of the best movie in all the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983 View Post
    That's only the best scene of the best movie in all the galaxy
    You damn Skippy. I watch that movie at least once a year. Sometimes even twice.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 06-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Hey I'm still here and still have my 06 109. It's been sitting for at least 3 years but I still love it but can't seem to find the time to go through it and ride it again. I am glad to see some of the old names here. The good old days have come and gone but better days are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Hey I'm still here and still have my 06 109. It's been sitting for at least 3 years but I still love it but can't seem to find the time to go through it and ride it again. I am glad to see some of the old names here. The good old days have come and gone but better days are ahead.
    Wow, glad to see you are still around. Had no idea you still had the bike. Great to hear from you. Hope all has been great. Maybe you could make the MAM next year, it would be awesome to see you.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    Wow, glad to see you are still around. Had no idea you still had the bike. Great to hear from you. Hope all has been great. Maybe you could make the MAM next year, it would be awesome to see you.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
    Doing great, still playing with Spyders. I consulted for 4 years on the 2015 Spyder F3 with BRP and a lot of the feel of the F3 came from what I loved about the 109. It's 115 hp and 96 ft lbs of torque and sits almost 4" lower than all the other Spyders and your feet are forward like the 109 but adjustable from a 5' 2" rider to a 6' 3" rider. Just did a 4000+ mile ride with the Road Warriors (Wounded Vets) It's been fun.

Ran into Big Joe when I was displaying in Daytona. He's doing well.

Dang Lamont, its great to see you on here again! Someone posted a picture they had taken of you around the Maggie Valley area a couple weeks ago, and that's the first I'd seen of you in years. Glad to hear you're doing well, and congrats on the work on the F3. Big Joe is another good one to see.

Wow, great to see you post up Lamont. Hope things are going well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Dang Lamont, its great to see you on here again! Someone posted a picture they had taken of you around the Maggie Valley area a couple weeks ago, and that's the first I'd seen of you in years. Glad to hear you're doing well, and congrats on the work on the F3. Big Joe is another good one to see.
    My wife and I drove 1500 miles to Quebec to start our ride with the Road Warriors group ride. They rode all the way to the FL Keys but we had to split off in Asheville NC and make our way back to Springfield MO. I had to deliver a custom Spyder to Hollywood CA on the 17th so I was pressed for time. When we stopped in Maggie Valley my wife found a hotel and sure enough there were some 109 guys there and some Spyder guys. I let one of them ride my F3 and I guess we did take some pics too. It was good to see the site and the riders are still doing well.

My wife Joan and she is a rider both bikes and Spyders.

Last edited by Lamonster; 07-07-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Great to see you guys are still doing well. How are the boys doing? And when do you move to Missouri? I noticed on SpyderLovers that the Lamonster Garage was shown as being there, but I assumed you were still down in the TN or NC area.

You have to stop in more and keep us old farts updated. I miss those old days and I'm sure a lot of others on here do too.

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    My wife and I drove 1500 miles to Quebec to start our ride with the Road Warriors group ride. They rode all the way to the FL Keys but we had to split off in Asheville NC and make our way back to Springfield MO. I had to deliver a custom Spyder to Hollywood CA on the 17th so I was pressed for time. When we stopped in Maggie Valley my wife found a hotel and sure enough there were some 109 guys there and some Spyder guys. I let one of them ride my F3 and I guess we did take some pics too. It was good to see the site and the riders are still doing well.

My wife Joan and she is a rider both bikes and Spyders.

Keith aka Blacklightning took Lamont's F3 for a ride during the Pre-meet as Tyler aka Dr.dingmuscle, Fred and KD aka M109anc watched. Keith said that it was as powerful as the M109.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	273602

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Great to see you guys are still doing well. How are the boys doing? And when do you move to Missouri? I noticed on SpyderLovers that the Lamonster Garage was shown as being there, but I assumed you were still down in the TN or NC area.

You have to stop in more and keep us old farts updated. I miss those old days and I'm sure a lot of others on here do too.
    After 34 years my wife filed for divorce when I got back from Spyderfest in May of 2014. I started Lamonster Garage with a buddy of mine in Springfield who has a Can Am dealership. The plan was to be in Springfield for one week a month till I got the shop up and running. That was the straw that broke the camels back along with some other issues that we just couldn't seem to work out. I lived in the shop for almost a year. It was a dark time in my life for sure. I pretty much lost everything but in August I met Joan through Facebook and we really hit it off. She was in TX and me in MO but that didn't seem to matter. We were both 55 at the time and she had been single for 20 years after an abusive marriage and pretty much gave up on finding a good man, that is till I came around. We met in person on Labor Day 2014 and shortly after I asked her to marry me. We got married on the beach during Daytona Bikeweek with a biker preacher friend. I have never been happier. We have a nice home here in Nixa MO and work together. She quit her six figure job as an electrical engineer in TX and sold her house to be with me. Now we're both doing what we love and love doing it together.

The boys love Joan and are glad to see me happy as they knew I wasn't for many years. I never thought I would divorce and wish I could have worked it out but we gave it our all and couldn't do it. I hope the best for her and hope she finds someone who makes her as happy as Joan has me. Life never seems to turn out exactly as planned but I'm glad it's the last years of my life that I found true happiness.

Last edited by Lamonster; 07-09-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Glad to see your around and doing well Lamonster. Like you I went through a divorce after being married 20 years. Fortunately shy did not take me to the cleaners, she and I both have good jobs and just went are separate ways. Was hard on me mentally for a few years, but finally over it. Unlike you I am not planning on marrying again.

You should try and pop in here now-and-then. All us old timers here miss ya.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member biker-chicky's Avatar

Default I'm here, where are you? 10 years baby!

I'm here, still, couldn't part with my 9er, going to haunt you all! Lol!

Default Still Here !

Still here, just started logging back on to the site about a week now. Selling my 9, but revisiting this site may make me change my mind.
    My boys and bikes. A family that prays (and ride) together, stays togerther.
    Mods: Alarm, Nautilus Air Horn, Dunnie 250, drilled exhaust, and debadged.