M109 Rider Forums banner

How many "original" members are still here ?

21K views 134 replies 75 participants last post by  futurR 
#1 ·
Any members from 2006 to 2008 still on this site ?

Haven't heard from too many lately and just wondered where they might be or what they might be riding now.

WCD

#39 · (Edited)
Bought the bike in April 06. 8/21/06 is when I joined. I saw the ad in a cycle mag and logged on.Made and sold my first swing arm cover in 07 and am still selling covers and plate mounts to this day.I thank all you guys who have supported my products world wide as well as in the good old USA. I'll be 40 years out of high school this year and still love ridding as much as when I road my 72 water buffalo to school in my sophmore year !! I miss JR and some of the old members that we dont hear from any more but things change and we move on to new friends and people. Squirrel,AKA Gregg's Custom Stainless Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

#42 ·
Joined 01-08, lurked almost a year trying to learn all i could about the 9.
Don`t post much ,thanks to all that have made this site a treasure trove of info. Bought second 9 for parts then on advise of many here decided to build it . Gave it to my stepson when he returned from 2nd tour in Iraq, Marines. liked ridding mine even tho he owned a GSXR. makes me grin every time i watch it roll out the drive .

#53 · (Edited)
Hi Mark long time no hear from! I was putting new numbers in my new phone and came across your didgets and wonder what ever happened to the northern California boys this last couple years. We really need another Pismo get together this spring or so.I know Chief is still kicken. I myself haven't logged to many miles my self latley. Glad you still got old Blue. Hope to see you soon. Gregg. Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

#56 ·
Hey Mark! How about Mammoth or Yosemite? and I thought Russ sold his wing but kept the 9?

#58 ·
Well I hooked up here May 5 of 2008 and I'm still modding my 9:eek::eek:
Any idea when this modding thing stops?!

#62 ·
joined 3/08, right after I bought my 07 new. Hard to believe it has been that many years. Lots of ups and downs here that's for sure. It takes all kinds, I suppose. I sure made a lot of good friends in the last 7 years, friends that I will hopefully keep for a long time. I still lurk here a little, post occasionally but no longer have the 9. Bought a 14 GL1800, what a difference. Comfort at long last! The 109 is not a bike for people with back issues. The wing is most assuredly the best move I could have made.

Saw most of the scammers come and go, saw the forum gurus come and go, new experts being made every couple of months. lol Saw lots of arguments and good deeds, too. Still see forum rules ignored for some, not for others. The site has really changed in the last year or so, not for the better. Too many cliques and trash talk. The for sale forum is useless, either folks comment and run the post down or they PM you to tell you what your stuff is worth (to them, even though they aren't interested). Some things never change, some do. I even changed my screen name. Just the way it is.

#63 ·
joined 3/08, right after I bought my 07 new. Hard to believe it has been that many years. Lots of ups and downs here that's for sure. It takes all kinds, I suppose. I sure made a lot of good friends in the last 7 years, friends that I will hopefully keep for a long time. I still lurk here a little, post occasionally but no longer have the 9. Bought a 14 GL1800, what a difference. Comfort at long last! The 109 is not a bike for people with back issues. The wing is most assuredly the best move I could have made.

Saw most of the scammers come and go, saw the forum gurus come and go, new experts being made every couple of months. lol Saw lots of arguments and good deeds, too. Still see forum rules ignored for some, not for others. The site has really changed in the last year or so, not for the better. Too many cliques and trash talk. The for sale forum is useless, either folks comment and run the post down or they PM you to tell you what your stuff is worth (to them, even though they aren't interested). Some things never change, some do. I even changed my screen name. Just the way it is.
Well,,,,,,I like your location,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:doorag:

#67 ·
Hey chief nope actually Russ sold both bikes he's all about guns now.

I still have not been the mammoth yet. That would be a great run if it's the Nor CA group. Pretty long haul for the SoCal guys.
Wow, I can't picture Russ without a motorcycle. He probably still has his scooters though, going to be a long haul to Mammoth on one of those things. :joke:

#72 ·
Still here, been here since '06.Think the site started in like March or May, I can't remember. One of the original members. On here when I can be, just working on these bikes a lot. Now on this sites 3rd server and I am sure there will be at least one more.