Fixer-upper for sale - Sydney

Thread: Fixer-upper for sale - Sydney

Default Fixer-upper for sale - Sydney

If any of you are into refurbishing / restoration projects, I have a 2008 M109R (black) which has been living right at the beach for a few years (not garaged) & has cosmetic damage. It's also broken down - presumably something in the cooling system has popped, because when I left it, it was happily spouting steam out the left side & spitting green fluid onto the road.

It's got about 45000 km on it (would have to double-check). The mirrors are shot (no biggie), the handlebars are shot (surface rust & pitting), the risers have serious corrosion issues, there is surface rust on the other chrome, but most of that should be fine if re-chromed. And the radiator skid pan thing is pretty mucky. Otherwise it's a bit dirty, but in working order.

It's too big for me now, because I'm only commuting in the city, so I want to sell it off. If anyone's interested in saving the beast & restoring it to its former glory, send me a pm with roughly how much you'd be prepared to pay for it.

Can't post photos right now because it's not at home, it's a couple of suburbs away, but if anyone's seriously interested I'll get a cab out there & take some shots.

Edit: it's rego'd to August (I think)
    Last edited by elliot_s; 01-06-2015 at 12:03 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Next time you are out that way take a few pics for me, I could be interested if the price is right..

Cheers

I'm gonna get it towed to a local repair shop hopefully on Monday, so I can get the current issue sorted out, I'll get some snaps then.

Does anyone in Sydney know of a cheap towing company / individual that can handle 109s?