Maybe The Wrong Diff Oil

Thread: Maybe The Wrong Diff Oil

Default Maybe The Wrong Diff Oil

Hi, I done my 1st oil / filter and diff oil change recently, it was always done before this at the motorcycle shop, after it was done I remembered the oil from the diff when it was drained was smooth and a darkish syrup look about it, the new oil that was sold to me from the bike shop is a very dark gray, close to black colour oil. It says on the container .... Gear Box / Reinforced formulated MoS2 . Gearbox and Differential Oil ....... MOTUL SAE 80 W 90 Mineral.......
    Does this sound like the right oil for my 2009 M109R ..... Just seems odd that it looks and feels nothing like my old oil .....
    I SEEN A HARLEY TODAY, THEN IT DISAPPEARED !!!

IN MY MIRRORS !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It has to be hypoid 80w or 75-90w synthetic or not. according to them your good.

About Motul Gearbox and rear axle lubricant (Mineral) SAE 80w-90

Gearbox and differential lubricant
    Molybdenum bisulphide MOS2 reinforced
    Extreme pressure

Specially recommended for noisy or/and loaded gearboxes.
    All mechanical transmission, synchronised or not synchronised gearboxes, gearbox/differential, transfer gearboxes and hypoïd differentials without limited slip system operating under shocks, heavy loads and low revolution speed or moderate loads and high revolution speed.

Motul Gearbox 80w-90 is also known as:
    Motul Gear box 80w-90 Motul Gearbox 80w90 Motul 80w90 Motul 80w-90 Motul gear 80w-90 Motul gear 80w90
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.