What oil do you guys use? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What oil do you guys use?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post

wanna ask about tires?? LOL Sorry, I can't help maself.............

I'm gonna try to get one of these batches on ma 9. WISH me luck

My god you have way to much time on your hands! I honestly perfer Extra EXTRA, Virgin Olive oil myself. It's lighter and I've taken off a hole second on my 1/4 mile runs
    Owner of The Rarest M109R, THE 2006 Burple. THE ONE Suzuki Promised, TO NEVER make again!! Do to IT BEING, JUST to FAST for the General PUBLIC!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Why spend money of exotic or high priced oils ... save all the extra money for mods !!!
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    Why spend money of exotic or high priced oils ... save all the extra money for mods !!!
    To me, the high priced full synthetics aren't worth the cost because I change my oil once a year and I never put more than 5-6K on my bike a year...if I was going 10K or more a year I'd use full syn...otherwise, no need...

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post

wanna ask about tires?? LOL Sorry, I can't help maself.............

I'm gonna try to get one of these batches on ma 9. WISH me luck

Bastids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Klotz bean oil and techniplate in my RC planes, it is the cleanest burning oil with the best lubrication for 2 strokes. Too hard to get for regular use, too expensive, and shipping costs suck. I'll stick with T6 in the bikes, comes in 30 gallon drums and I use that up in just over a year.

Very Active Member BorderlandBiker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    From the factory, or if a Suzuki dealer has worked on it recently, 10W-40 synthetic of Suzuki's house brand.

Myself, I use their 20W-50 petroleum oil. I've never had a lick of trouble with the clutch or transmission on my 06 using that oil. A friend who has run the synthetic in his 06 since new, has had to have the second gear rebuilt twice. Not saying the oil is a cause or a help, just sayin what's worked for me.
    I've been using the Yamaha/lube semi 15-50 in my 2018 M109...sooooooo far soooo good...I thought Suzuki updated the transmission 1st to 2nd issue around 2011...Is anyone else using a semi-synthetic? PEACE RIDE SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by BorderlandBiker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    From the factory, or if a Suzuki dealer has worked on it recently, 10W-40 synthetic of Suzuki's house brand.

Myself, I use their 20W-50 petroleum oil. I've never had a lick of trouble with the clutch or transmission on my 06 using that oil. A friend who has run the synthetic in his 06 since new, has had to have the second gear rebuilt twice. Not saying the oil is a cause or a help, just sayin what's worked for me.
    I've been using the Yamaha/lube semi 15-50 in my 2018 M109...sooooooo far soooo good...I thought Suzuki updated the transmission 1st to 2nd issue around 2011[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif[/IMG]...Is anyone else using a semi-synthetic[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif[/IMG]? PEACE RIDE [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG] SAFE
    i use the suzuki brand "Ecstar" semi synthetic. bike runs great on that.

Very Active Member

I use Mobil1 10W-40 full synthetic racing 4T motorcycle oil . I replace it every 3000 miles along with the oil filter and I also replace the oil on the final gear to complete the oil /lube chapter.

I’ve been a huge fan of and believer in Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil for quite some time now. I’m currently running Mobil 1 15/W40 Full Synthetic in my M109Rs, but I’m going to go back to the 20/W50 grade in Spring 2021, now that I reside in the “very hot” state of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderlandBiker View Post
    I've been using the Yamaha/lube semi 15-50 in my 2018 M109...sooooooo far soooo good...I thought Suzuki updated the transmission 1st to 2nd issue around 2011...Is anyone else using a semi-synthetic? PEACE RIDE SAFE
    WOW, way to bring back an old post. I think you have set a record bringing back a post that was 6 years old.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Very Active Member BorderlandBiker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    WOW, way to bring back an old post. I think you have set a record bringing back a post that was 6 years old.
    What can I say...I'm attracted to 'old' stuff...Doo Wop, 46 Ford Conv flathead V-8s...did I mention Doo Wop music...can't remember tooo long ago PEACE RIDE SAFE

The original owner ran Suzuki oil. I used Royal Purple the first oil change after I picked up my 9 from him. It had 13000 miles on the clock . It smoothed out the transmission for about 2 thousand miles, then it started to get clunky again. Switched to Amsoil full synthetic for Metric bikes, went 3 thousand miles and still shifted smooth before I changed it. Been running Amsoil in everything I own since.

Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 10W-40