Pirelli tire, any thoughts on this tire before I buy it?

Thread: Pirelli tire, any thoughts on this tire before I buy it?

Default Pirelli tire, any thoughts on this tire before I buy it?

Pirelli Angel GT Motorcycle Tire 160/60-18 Rear

For the front of my 9

About to buy this tire on eBay. Anybody used these? Thoughts? I need to order tonight so I have it for this coming weekend.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

are you buying because of price ?

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

What you got on the back bro.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
    are you buying because of price ?
    Yeah, sort of....

Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    What you got on the back bro.
    I bought a Dunlop EIII 250 a while back that I am going to put on the polished stock back rim. I want a good tire and want as wide as I can go up front, I like it fat! I hear everyone talk about the Metz ME 880160 mounted backward, but don't want to pay that much. There are several options on eBay. I never hear anyone mentioning anything but the Metz and Dunny..... Pirelli has been around a long time, so I figured it may be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumprope83 View Post
    Pirelli has been around a long time, so I figured it may be worth a try.

Gotcha, go for it bro and let us know the deal.
    Mods:New Motor Upgrade/Genesis Rims Mez 280/160 Tires/ 300 Swing Arm/Cobra Swepts/Chrome Spike Filters/Yani Shiki 2" Riser/All Braided Cables/Chromed Entire Handle Bars/Kuryakyn Iso Grips-Iso Boss/S9 Led Kit/Raw Design Led Front/Rear Signals/Corbin Seat/Air Ride/Low And Mean Busa Kit-Front Fender/Gothic Side License Plate/HID Head Light/Heal Tech TRE/Chrome Calipers/Cycle House Down Under Kit.

Yeah, sort of....

I bought a Dunlop EIII 250 a while back that I am going to put on the polished stock back rim. I want a good tire and want as wide as I can go up front, I like it fat! I hear everyone talk about the Metz ME 880160 mounted backward, but don't want to pay that much. There are several options on eBay. I never hear anyone mentioning anything but the Metz and Dunny..... Pirelli has been around a long time, so I figured it may be worth a try.
    I went with the Metzler Z8 interact 160/60/18 I've only put about 1000mi on it but so far I'm very happy with the ride and handling and the price was quite a bit less
    the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

Default ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by some 9 View Post
    Gotcha, go for it bro and let us know the deal.
    If the mighty Andy, Some9, says go for it, then I say: "Yeah Baby"!!

Ordered it, should have it within the week. Will give a report as to how it performs.

Thanks guys.

I always ran Pirellis on my R1 but have never tried on my 9.
    Had them on my F150 too ....

Let us know how they work ... :)
    Posted on my BlackBerry Z30.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________
    And the modding begins ....... Will it EVER end ?\

Don't forget your front fender extenders

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

If the mighty Andy, Some9, says go for it, then I say: "Yeah Baby"!!

Ordered it, should have it within the week. Will give a report as to how it performs.

Thanks guys.
    Lol Dude to funny bro, let me know what you think.....

i have one on now and have had for a while, i am not running it backwards and it is far better for wear than the original, as for handling i think its better but im no motor pro racer

Quote Originally Posted by furious george View Post
    i have one on now and have had for a while, i am not running it backwards and it is far better for wear than the original, as for handling i think its better but im no motor pro racer
    I've always used Pirelli Night Dragon, stock size, on '9 ... very satisfied.
    I do not know how Angels are though ...
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

Very Active Member FloridaBlueM109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy View Post
    I've always used Pirelli Night Dragon, stock size, on '9 ... very satisfied.
    I do not know how Angels are though ...
    I 2nd the night dragons! Im loving them a lot.
    "Do a few mods they said......It will be fun they said!" My wallet is not seeing the fun as they said! lol

Default 2000 miles and awesome so far!

So I have had these Pirelli Angel GT tires on my bike now for just over 2000 miles and they are great so far! I love the feel of the wider 160 and the look is great.

I have run 4 of these tyres up front and are good no need for the fender extensions

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

bLACK LE with orange strip 2010 ,custom pipes , F2000R, Flame grips, Switch Blades Pegs,280 rear 160 front,Blind ,debeaver, led lights LOWERED 2 INCHES

So I went with this tire also running in reverse as I have with other rears on the front and around 95mph I get a really bad hop. Anyone had a similar experience? No shop near me will flip it around now that its used.

Quote Originally Posted by fishrocks17 View Post
    So I went with this tire also running in reverse as I have with other rears on the front and around 95mph I get a really bad hop. Anyone had a similar experience? No shop near me will flip it around now that its used.
    You could flip the entire wheel/tire around rather than dismount the tire and remounting it. If you are concerned that the hop is due the mounted direction, I would just flip the wheel and go for a ride and see if it changes anything. If the hop disappears then search out a shop to do the dismount, or just run it with the wheel backwards and tire tread mounted correctly. Very few in any will probably call you out on the rim being backwards. Just a thought.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

What was used to balance the tire? Angel GT's have a reference dot that needs to be aligned with the valve stem. I would check that as well. I would be willing to bet that your wheel hop is either from improper balance, or possibly a defective tire (less likely). If you are using internal weight to balance the tire (beads, ride on, etc), to much weight can cause your symptoms also.

Default flipped the wheel/tire

So to experiment I flipped the wheel around since the tire is now mounted no shop would mess with the tire. Still same 95mph hop. I looked for a dot on the tire and did not see anything out of the ordinary. They used stuck on wheel weights. Maybe pull those off and add beads instead?

Quote Originally Posted by fishrocks17 View Post
    So to experiment I flipped the wheel around since the tire is now mounted no shop would mess with the tire. Still same 95mph hop. I looked for a dot on the tire and did not see anything out of the ordinary. They used stuck on wheel weights. Maybe pull those off and add beads instead?
    Fishrocks, I strongly recommend you remove the wheel weights, and go with Dyna Beads. I’ve been running them in all of my bikes for over 12 years now, and I haven’t had one issue with wheels being unbalanced. All of my bikes run butter-smooth.