Looking for tuner

Thread: Looking for tuner

Default Looking for tuner

I'm going to start saving to get the Q5 intake for my bike and I will need to have it retuned, already having the sideburner exhaust and Powerpro5. I want someone who knows these bikes well that can dyno tune it. I don't mind a little drive to get this done either. I'm live in the Canton area. Thanks for the help fellas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ddan109R View Post
    I'm going to start saving to get the Q5 intake for my bike and I will need to have it retuned, already having the sideburner exhaust and Powerpro5. I want someone who knows these bikes well that can dyno tune it. I don't mind a little drive to get this done either. I'm live in the Canton area. Thanks for the help fellas.
    Never heard of that, is it new?

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

If you go to www.meancycles.com and type in the search Q5 intake it will show you it. I was trying to copy and paste the link but it wouldn't work? I want the chrome of course. It's expensive but I think it looks cool as hell.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Oh wait, you must be referring to the powerpro? I think I got that wrong, its power commander 5 isn't it.

Oh wait, you must be referring to the powerpro? I think I got that wrong, its power commander 5 isn't it.
    Lol yeah. I figured as much, but it's my nature to call ppl out lol. Myself, a fan of the power pro. No tuning needed. More money for other goodies

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Your saying I won't need a retune with adding those?

Your saying I won't need a retune with adding those?
    Correct. Power pro auto tunes. A lot of ppl run them including me

I must of read it wrong somewhere then? Good deal, onto the next upgrade!

I must of read it wrong somewhere then? Good deal, onto the next upgrade!
    Before I installed the Power Pro I spent $1000+ on dyno tuning my PC-3. I know that it was my ignorant a$$ that kept getting it dyno'd but I kept thinking.... "where is this 128 hp other owners are touting?"
    I gave up and figured it best to get the PP and be done with it.

ok, so i'm a bit lost here, or maybe a little retarded? I do have the PC5 and want to install the Q5 intakes. Will i need a dyno tune for that?

Default Me Too

I am also looking to get the Q5's

ok, so i'm a bit lost here, or maybe a little retarded? I do have the PC5 and want to install the Q5 intakes. Will i need a dyno tune for that?
    It's up to you whether you get a custom dyno tune or just down load a basic map that is designed for similar mods. Personally I would get everything done to the bike that I was planning then get it dyno'd by a reputable tuner in your area. Maps are generally free but a custom tune will run you between $250-$350.

Big-B is referring to the cobra Power pro autotuner it is a fuel management system that reads off the crank and adjust air fuel mixture. So it tunes itself. What you have is a pc5 that you can down load maps off of there web sit or have it dyno tuned (a map made for your bike). But they (Power commander) also sales a autotuner that goes in your head pipes and it to tunes it's self by the exhaust gases which is a better tune. If you go that way get the one with 2 O2 sensors. Are rear jug runs richer or thiner can't remember I'm sure Matt can tell you. That would be the way to go instead of buying a new unit or spending all the money on a dyno tune. Just my 2 cents.