M109 Rider Forums banner

Looking for tuner

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  speeks 
#1 ·
I'm going to start saving to get the Q5 intake for my bike and I will need to have it retuned, already having the sideburner exhaust and Powerpro5. I want someone who knows these bikes well that can dyno tune it. I don't mind a little drive to get this done either. I'm live in the Canton area. Thanks for the help fellas.

#2 ·
I'm going to start saving to get the Q5 intake for my bike and I will need to have it retuned, already having the sideburner exhaust and Powerpro5. I want someone who knows these bikes well that can dyno tune it. I don't mind a little drive to get this done either. I'm live in the Canton area. Thanks for the help fellas.
Never heard of that, is it new?

#5 ·
Lol yeah. I figured as much, but it's my nature to call ppl out lol. Myself, a fan of the power pro. No tuning needed. More money for other goodies

#9 ·
Before I installed the Power Pro I spent $1000+ on dyno tuning my PC-3. I know that it was my ignorant a$$ that kept getting it dyno'd but I kept thinking.... "where is this 128 hp other owners are touting?"
I gave up and figured it best to get the PP and be done with it.

#12 ·
It's up to you whether you get a custom dyno tune or just down load a basic map that is designed for similar mods. Personally I would get everything done to the bike that I was planning then get it dyno'd by a reputable tuner in your area. Maps are generally free but a custom tune will run you between $250-$350.

#13 ·
Big-B is referring to the cobra Power pro autotuner it is a fuel management system that reads off the crank and adjust air fuel mixture. So it tunes itself. What you have is a pc5 that you can down load maps off of there web sit or have it dyno tuned (a map made for your bike). But they (Power commander) also sales a autotuner that goes in your head pipes and it to tunes it's self by the exhaust gases which is a better tune. If you go that way get the one with 2 O2 sensors. Are rear jug runs richer or thiner can't remember I'm sure Matt can tell you. That would be the way to go instead of buying a new unit or spending all the money on a dyno tune. Just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.