back tire

Thread: back tire

Default back tire

I have to replace my tires on my 2007 M109R, what is the biggest size I can put on the back on the standard rim?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

250 Dunlop Elite III or 260 Metzler... but the 250 EIII is aparantly wider. They EIII will last longer but the Metz has the best grip.
    2010 M109R LE - Hard Krome American Classics, gel seats, debeavered, cobra case guards, cobra std sissy bar, kaoko cruise control, Fi2000r, spike intakes, X-TRE, 250 rear

the Dunlop has a flatter profile which makes it wider. Don't remember how much wider can search for that or I'm sure someone will chime in

Sideburner Exhaust, Lowered 2", K&N Filters, TRE, Power Commander, Raw Rear Turn Signals, Raw Side Mount Licence Plate, Low & Mean Chin, Irate Mess Grill with matching chin mess. CM Legacy rims 280 on the rear and 160 up front, More to come!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Most say that the Dunlop Elite III 250 is actually wider than the Metz 260.

I run the Dunlop Elite III 250 and love it, get about 16,000km out of it.
    Also run the Dunlop D251 150/60/18 on the front. Your M will corner way better than the stop 130. No fender extenders required.

In Canada, your best bet for tires is Pete's SuperBikes. Fedex for about $15 for first tire, $5 more for the 2nd if you order 2.

Very Active Member Banditblaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Most say that the Dunlop Elite III 250 is actually wider than the Metz 260.

I run the Dunlop Elite III 250 and love it, get about 16,000km out of it.
    Also run the Dunlop D251 150/60/18 on the front. Your M will corner way better than the stop 130. No fender extenders required.

In Canada, your best bet for tires is Pete's SuperBikes. Fedex for about $15 for first tire, $5 more for the 2nd if you order 2.

Pete's Superbikes has the best price I've seen. Shipping was $31 from Quebec to Alberta. This was for two tires, front and rear.
    Last edited by Banditblaster; 08-01-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added some words.