M109 Problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M109 Problems

Okay, so I realize the problem is potentially solved here but I'm curious...how did you guys decide that it was necessary to replace the whole throttle body in the event that the issue was simply a bad injector?! Not that I'm in doubt of futureR's knowledge of this bike but either this is absurd or I'm missing something. Could someone please fill me in?! And where the hell did you find a throttle body for $40?!
    2007 M109R LE: Kuryakyn Scythe II Mirrors, Xtreme Revolutions Stage 3 Intake Kit, Xtreme Revolutions Floorboards, Rivco Tach Relocation Kit, Rivco Brake Pedal, RIS Designs Grille, Corba Fi2000 POWRPRO, Heal Tech SpeedoHealer, Heal Tech Gi-Pro, Back Off XP Module, Highway Hawk Taillight Cover, Swint LEDs, Greggs Side Cover Accents, Hard Krome 3" Big Straights Exhaust, Raw Design Storage Box, Suzuki Crash Bars, Suzuki Gel Seats, and much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SiPPMSH View Post
    And where the hell did you find a throttle body for $40?!
    ebay.

Very Active Member DEADLYCHEEZE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    ebay.
    You are correct and it just cheaper to do the whole throttle body. That's the reason for the whole swap. I'll keep everyone posted when I get the new throttle body later this week. I already cleaned the bad injector but it's still running rough but nothing like when I posted the video below.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default After I cleaned the injectors.

I also did a compression test and all is good. So when I get the new to me throttle body later this week I'll try to get it in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLKrHhv8Ss

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    ebay.
    Granted I realize that it might be possible to get a replacement throttle body off eBay but damn it man!! Someone had NO idea what they had and what it was worth. Together they cost in excess of $900.00 new!!! Even if you disassemble the linkage between the two, you should still be looking at around $300.00 in "gently" used shape!! My brother, you made out like a bandit!! Good luck in getting this issue fixed!! Additionally and again, although I don't find it to be "easier" to replace the throttle body over simply pulling the stock fuel injector(s) for $40.00 you couldn't even get a replacement injector!! So hats off to you on that!!
    Last edited by SiPPMSH; 07-28-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    2007 M109R LE: Kuryakyn Scythe II Mirrors, Xtreme Revolutions Stage 3 Intake Kit, Xtreme Revolutions Floorboards, Rivco Tach Relocation Kit, Rivco Brake Pedal, RIS Designs Grille, Corba Fi2000 POWRPRO, Heal Tech SpeedoHealer, Heal Tech Gi-Pro, Back Off XP Module, Highway Hawk Taillight Cover, Swint LEDs, Greggs Side Cover Accents, Hard Krome 3" Big Straights Exhaust, Raw Design Storage Box, Suzuki Crash Bars, Suzuki Gel Seats, and much more

$40..hmmm. Hope you didn't get scammed. That sounds ridiculous. But hope it's all true and takes care of your problem. Good luck.

There's always some throttle bodies on ebay for less than $100. I guess it's one of those items that you seldom ever need, so they can't get much for them. I've thought about buying a spare set for mine just to have them on hand for when I do need them. And they seldom sell the injectors by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    There's always some throttle bodies on ebay for less than $100. I guess it's one of those items that you seldom ever need, so they can't get much for them. I've thought about buying a spare set for mine just to have them on hand for when I do need them. And they seldom sell the injectors by themselves.
    Agreed; I can't say that I have ever seen the fuel injectors for this bike sold (in used condition) on eBay or Amazon...

Not quite sure what was causing the problems in my throttle body, but replacing it fixed all my problems. Thanks for all the advice here and especially from the guru of 9's FutureR (Matt). The beast is doing just fine :)

Banned

THAT'S great McKenzie, ride on brudda.................

Very Active Member DrDing.Muscle's Avatar

Great news man, glad she is fixed up!!
    2012 Limited Edition M109R -- Corbin Seats and backrest -- Debaffled stock exhaust -- Yana Shiki 2" Risers -- Debeavered -- A&R 6k HID -- Stebel horn -- XTRE -- ISO Grips -- Scythe Mirrors

M109R Service Manual and other M109R Documents -