WHICH GOOD TRE (TIMING RETARDATEUR ELIMINATOR) ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHICH GOOD TRE (TIMING RETARDATEUR ELIMINATOR) ?

Default WHICH GOOD TRE (TIMING RETARDATEUR ELIMINATOR) ?

I already installed my air filter hypercharger, a new exhaust, a Cobra Fi 2000. I will now finish with a TRE. Which one are you advising to purchase?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mauritius Angel View Post
    I already installed my air filter hypercharger, a new exhaust, a Cobra Fi 2000. I will now finish with a TRE. Which one are you advising to purchase?
    Depends on the year of your bike. 06 to 09 is one type. 2010 on up is another type. The gear indicator makes the difference. Brand name wouldn't matter much. They all work the same IMO, but the price difference is huge....$30 or $120.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

Track Day works great with fuel processor, Cobra Pro (the automatic one)

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

like the gipro atre since it has the gear indicator.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/atre/
    Last edited by RUBZERK; 07-11-2014 at 08:17 AM.

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Guess i'm still trying to understand more about this ATRE unit? I have the power comander5 on my bike. Is there going to be a noticable difference installing one of these or are there any CONS to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddan109R View Post
    Guess i'm still trying to understand more about this ATRE unit? I have the power comander5 on my bike. Is there going to be a noticable difference installing one of these or are there any CONS to it?
    Haven't heard any cons...I waited a long time before I made the move and regretted it.

Klock Werks Flare windshield...Baker Hand Wings...Grip Puppies...passenger pegs removed.
    Rivco anodized highway pegs...12V/USB outlet...Superbrite LED flashing brake lamps.

I'm running the unit from Trackday electronics. It works well. Fairly easily to install and mount once you identify the correct wires on the bike. And it was definitely more affordable than some of the alternatives.

White 07', Cobra Dragsters, 2" YanaShiki drop, FI2000R, TRE, DDM 6K HID, 250 Rear, Custom LED Setup from NSRiar

Quote Originally Posted by Wjduke View Post
    Haven't heard any cons...I waited a long time before I made the move and regretted it.
    You regretted buying it or waiting?

You regretted buying it or waiting?
    Waiting....here's the biggest thing I was happy with...low speed travel, like when you're on a drive, you can be in 2nd or 3rd and not have any herky jerky feeling like the bike is known for. It's just like being in 4th, where you used to smooth out. I have an ocean drive nearby where the speed limit is like 20 all the way around, and it's so much better to go there.

I definetly know that feeling. I've been trying to learn to feather it so my passenger won't fall off. Guess i'ma have to look into one of these. Wonder if you can get it without the shift indicator? Or maybe hide it. I think it looks a bit out of place on the handle bars.

I definetly know that feeling. I've been trying to learn to feather it so my passenger won't fall off. Guess i'ma have to look into one of these. Wonder if you can get it without the shift indicator? Or maybe hide it. I think it looks a bit out of place on the handle bars.
    I've seen guys mount the gear indicator on top of the tank where the Suzuki emblem is.

You don't "need" the gear indicator....those are pretty expensive. I assume the bike is 09 or earlier. In that case you can get the cheap TRE and leave it at that. If it's newer, the indicator is already built in, but those TRE's are over $100. I had the HealTech on my 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I've seen guys mount the gear indicator on top of the tank where the Suzuki emblem is.
    I don't know if you noticed mine or not, but it's attached to the back of the headlight back cover, just to the inside of the left fork tube and just above the lower triple tree. Sitting on the bike you can look over the tank and see it, but from just about anyplace else it's invisible. I have the GiPro with the gear indicator, which of course you wouldn't need.

Iv'e had the GiPro, HealTech and Track Day Electronics TREs, and I can assure you there is a difference in the performance and quality of each of them. I found the Track Day Electronics TRE product to be far better than the other two in regard to quality, performance, long term dependability, accuracy/throttle response and price. You can purchase the Track Day TRE by itself for around $35, or with the indicator for around $70...if I remember correctly. I have two M109R bikes...one has the Track Day TRE with Gear Indicator mounted nicely into the Speedo Cover on the tank (where the Suzuki emblem used to be), and the other one has just the TRE by itself. They have been installed on both bikes for years now, and they are superb in every way possible. If I were starting all over on another M109R, this would be the first modification I would make to the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by BCRUZN View Post
    Iv'e had the GiPro, HealTech and Track Day Electronics TREs, and I can assure you there is a difference in the performance and quality of each of them. I found the Track Day Electronics TRE product to be far better than the other two in regard to quality, performance, long term dependability, accuracy/throttle response and price. You can purchase the Track Day TRE by itself for around $35, or with the indicator for around $70...if I remember correctly. I have two M109R bikes...one has the Track Day TRE with Gear Indicator mounted nicely into the Speedo Cover on the tank (where the Suzuki emblem used to be), and the other one has just the TRE by itself. They have been installed on both bikes for years now, and they are superb in every way possible. If I were starting all over on another M109R, this would be the first modification I would make to the bike.

BCRUZN, just checked Trackday's website and they no longer do a ATRE with gear indicator, just the standalone ATRE. They have an announcement on their site that effective 12/26/13 they stopped producing it. I was thinking of getting one as my Healtech GiPro unit is getting kind of flaky and indicating the wrong gear more often. Their ATRE is $35.99 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    BCRUZN, just checked Trackday's website and they no longer do a ATRE with gear indicator, just the standalone ATRE. They have an announcement on their site that effective 12/26/13 they stopped producing it. I was thinking of getting one as my Healtech GiPro unit is getting kind of flaky and indicating the wrong gear more often. Their ATRE is $35.99 shipped.
    Wow. I had no idea or knowledge of that Zoom. Thank you for the update Bro. The same problems you are having is why I decided to go with the Track Day product, and I am so glad I did it then. Doesn't G-Man still provide a very good TRE w/gear indicator? I have read several threads about the good quality and performance of his TREs.

I have the TDE w/ gear indicator and mine sometimes acting the same. Sometimes its showing the wrong gear. I have had for a few years now. I was gonna go to the GI Pro but if your having the same issues I might just disconnect it and get rid of the display.

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I have the TDE w/ gear indicator and mine sometimes acting the same. Sometimes its showing the wrong gear. I have had for a few years now. I was gonna go to the GI Pro but if your having the same issues I might just disconnect it and get rid of the display.
    Bro, I agree. If the TDE or TRE device is working and performing just fine, simply disconnect the display and do away with it..and the next several times you ride try to focus on your style of riding to better determine the sound of the engine in certain gears and at certain speeds, to help you become more in tuned with the bike. Before you know it you won't even miss or need the display unit at all.

Well I can only speak for the Healtech X-TRE for my 2011... but it's been great and is very well built. I will agree with Wjduke that I wish I had bought one much sooner.

Any bike 2010 or newer should go with the X-TRE so you can preserve the factory gear indicator.

The Healtech XTRE was my first mod after reading all the reviews like the ones in this thread. Hardest part of the install was mustering up the courage to cut the wire going into the ECU on a brand new bike! It has made a huge difference on my bike. This is how the bike should have come from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by BCRUZN View Post
    Wow. I had no idea or knowledge of that Zoom. Thank you for the update Bro. The same problems you are having is why I decided to go with the Track Day product, and I am so glad I did it then. Doesn't G-Man still provide a very good TRE w/gear indicator? I have read several threads about the good quality and performance of his TREs.
    All he has listed on his site are regular ATRE's, none with a gear indicator. Looks like if someone wants a gear indicator the only choice now is the GiPro.

Which one is a good one for my 2011? I already have a gear indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Shane, the GiPro has a teaching mode and I think I screwed it up trying that. When I first got it, which was several years ago, it had a problem indicating the correct gear. I did the teaching mode thing and it's not been 100% correct since. Yesterday it was even showing I was in 6th gear a couple times, but the biggest problem is it seldom shows I'm in first. It will show 2nd gear for both 1st and 2nd. I think I need to run it through the teaching mode again and see if that fixes it. It's kind of scary, you put the bike up on a lift and run the bike through the gears, and as you change each gear you press the button on the TRE to show which gear it should be showing. The bike moves a lot when you're doing that, and by the time it's in 5th it would make a heck of a mess if it came off the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    You only have one choice, the Healtech XTRE. It keeps the stock gear indicator.

Shane, the GiPro has a teaching mode and I think I screwed it up trying that. When I first got it, which was several years ago, it had a problem indicating the correct gear. I did the teaching mode thing and it's not been 100% correct since. Yesterday it was even showing I was in 6th gear a couple times, but the biggest problem is it seldom shows I'm in first. It will show 2nd gear for both 1st and 2nd. I think I need to run it through the teaching mode again and see if that fixes it. It's kind of scary, you put the bike up on a lift and run the bike through the gears, and as you change each gear you press the button on the TRE to show which gear it should be showing. The bike moves a lot when you're doing that, and by the time it's in 5th it would make a heck of a mess if it came off the lift.

Mike,
    Mines doing the same thing, showing 2nd when it is sometimes in 1st or 2nd. It isnt all the time, just periodically. I dont ever remember reading a teaching mode in the TDE instructions?

Ive just kinda gotten used to it. I really use it just to make sure Im not reaching for that 6th gear.....lol.

Might have to email TDE and see what they say.

I'd have to find the manual for mine to see how it's done. I have the GiPro and it only has the one button on it, and it's some combination of button pushes or how long you hold the button down.

I've also noticed on mine that you can sometimes move the shift lever a little and get it to show the right gear. Not enough to make it shift, but just move it up or down a little and the GiPro changes what gear it's showing. It's almost like the gear position sensor is a potentiometer and has a variable resistance instead of having 5 different fixed resistance positions.

I prefer to spend the money and get healtech !I have seen problems come up with the other sources but I have never heard of any probs with the healtech,I had one on the 90 when I had it and When I got the 9 It already had a tre i stalled and it was very crap as it didn't seem to be doing anything,I purchased a healtech and all good and have had no probs at all

Sent from the bowels of awesomness

Enter the beast for it has taken thee to its den and shared its power !!!!!

I'd have to find the manual for mine to see how it's done. I have the GiPro and it only has the one button on it, and it's some combination of button pushes or how long you hold the button down.

I've also noticed on mine that you can sometimes move the shift lever a little and get it to show the right gear. Not enough to make it shift, but just move it up or down a little and the GiPro changes what gear it's showing. It's almost like the gear position sensor is a potentiometer and has a variable resistance instead of having 5 different fixed resistance positions.
    Yep, on mine it also will change sometimes after a second or 2. But it doesnt change as crisp as it used to. Mine does have a program button. Maybe I will dig into the instructions this week if I can dig them up.

Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post

I had no complaints with mine besides waiting too long. I didn't get a full season out of it and it went with the bike. Someone out there scored a nice deal when they bid on that baby.

Default Recommendation

For any of you who truly want an accurate, dependable and very well made TRE w/Gear Indicator, I recommend that you call the man directly who designed the Track Day Electronics TRE w/Gear Indicator. His name is Darrin, and his number is 636-357-3224. He is a very nice guy, and he may be willing to build a few more for you all who desire one.

If he is willing to help you out, you won't be at all disappointed with his products.

Good luck.

you have to be creative.

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK