K and N air filters for C109

Thread: K and N air filters for C109

Default K and N air filters for C109

Has anyone swapped out their stock air filters with K & N's? If so, where did you order them from. I went to a couple of sites to order, including K & N's site and they don't list the C109 in their choices. Are the filters the same for the C as the M?. I have a 2008 C109R.

Thank You
    Wabbit 007

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit 007 View Post
    Has anyone swapped out their stock air filters with K & N's? If so, where did you order them from. I went to a couple of sites to order, including K & N's site and they don't list the C109 in their choices. Are the filters the same for the C as the M?. I have a 2008 C109R.

Thank You
    Never mind. Remembered to use the search function after my initial post. If anyone else is wondering, they do not make one to fit the C.
    Wabbit 007

Default Dual Stealth K&N Intake for C109

Gman has:

Dual Stealth K&N Intake
    Suzuki Boulevard C109R, C109RT - All
    Featuring: Stealth Dual Intakes w/Custom K&N Air Filter

2008 C109RT Black-Gray / bought June 2010 with 600km / 61,000km as Sep. 2014
    Clean front end / TRE / Spike intakes / K&N filters / Wideband O2 / Drilled pipes / 266mm Darkside Federal 595 / Tacho / LED signals & relay box / Mustang fender bib / Rear fender in spike shape / 23 cu.ft. trailer / ISO-Grips / Scythe Mirrors / 20+ Skulls. TODO : Horn / Paint / More spike intakes / Better bags / ECU hacking...

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm running k&n filters on slightly modified factory filter housings, I have also modified my filter boxes, covers and bases. Do a search on the 8006 filter (I do believe those.are the ones. I use they are for a bmw bike but fit nice
    2008 c109rt . wolo air horn, gman tre, gman bully ,kuryakyn cruiser pegs, tsukayu jumbo strong bags ,tsukayu 6x9 bat wing , LED head light, driver backrest, k&n air filters, m109 tach, and electric cruise control ahhh !

OK, thank you I'll PM Gman.
    Wabbit 007

Just remember if you do open your airbox up or change the flow you will need to look at a fuel controller too.
    The Engine runs lean already and if I remember right opening the air flow will lean it out even more.
    The Intake change from Gary is great and adds good power to the bike.
    There are also some other mods people have done that are on this forum, Eddelbrock covers and such.

OK, thank you I'll PM Gman.

Thank You
    You have to use the GMan Stealth Intakes or K&N part# BM-8006, which will probably require a small mod to the stock air filter location.
    Last edited by silveradols; 07-06-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgman View Post
    Just remember if you do open your airbox up or change the flow you will need to look at a fuel controller too.
    The Engine runs lean already and if I remember right opening the air flow will lean it out even more.
    The Intake change from Gary is great and adds good power to the bike.
    There are also some other mods people have done that are on this forum, Eddelbrock covers and such.
    Adding a fuel controller is always a good idea but if you aren't doing a new open exhaust as well as air its not going to burn up the motor without the controller, and yes these bikes are lean from the factory because of the EPA. To get all the HP out of the C you have to do all three mods, air, fuel and exhaust. Once you do all 3 you'll be glad you did but may lose a little MPG.

Terry
    On the C109 (current work in process)
    HK Siderburners, Edelbrock Intake, G-Man TRE and Bushing, Cobra Fatty Bars and floor boards, Cobra FI2000R, Drag specialties tach, House of Kolor Purple Black Marblized Paint, 10K HID system, Kuryaken ISO grips, Throttle Boss and lock, Polished Forks, Led Turn Signals, 6 inch bar risers,Mustang classic seat, Suki bags and backrest.

Yep the best bang for the buck is all three mods, which hopefully will be on the bike next week for myself :)
    That is one of the reasons I like the Bully controller as you can adjust it on the fly and get the best of both worlds with power and fuel economy on a long cruise when the full power may not be needed. Just nice that you have that ablity to make those adjustments.
    Looking forward to seeing what the bike is like with all three mods done :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmav View Post
    Adding a fuel controller is always a good idea but if you aren't doing a new open exhaust as well as air its not going to burn up the motor without the controller, and yes these bikes are lean from the factory because of the EPA. To get all the HP out of the C you have to do all three mods, air, fuel and exhaust. Once you do all 3 you'll be glad you did but may lose a little MPG.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Jrgman View Post
    Yep the best bang for the buck is all three mods, which hopefully will be on the bike next week for myself :)
    That is one of the reasons I like the Bully controller as you can adjust it on the fly and get the best of both worlds with power and fuel economy on a long cruise when the full power may not be needed. Just nice that you have that ablity to make those adjustments.
    Looking forward to seeing what the bike is like with all three mods done :)
    Dido that. Got all three myself and you can't beat it!

Quote Originally Posted by hfrez View Post
    Dido that. Got all three myself and you can't beat it!
    I'm saving my $$ to mod my air intake.
    2008 Suzuki Boulevard C109RT: HardKrome Velocity Pro Lites 2-1 Exhaust, Tank Bib, GMan TRE,Gman Bully controller, Speedo Visor, Everything Debadged, Front fender bra, Stock risers with GMan risers, Large ISO highway pegs with floorboard mounts and coming soon front, rear fender mud flap and lots of chrome accessories. Almost forgot Cobra 1 1/2 engine bars and Cobra driving light bar. Dual exhaust coming soon.

Just added Stealth Intakes to my setup and set the Bully to "Stage 3" settings.........WOW!
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

Default Yes I did

However, I ordered them through the stealer and had them install them too. I loved my K&N's because they could cleaned and reused which is a long term savings item of interest- MORE money for mods.
    "Life's is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, leaking oil with your engine smoking, shouting GERONIMO!" - Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid.- Speeding is ONLY a crime IF you get caught.

"The Devil Inside" TBAR = That Boy Ain't Right

Does anyone have any pictures of the K&N part# BM-8006 put into the c109?