Can you hear your horn?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you hear your horn?

Very Active Member M109rEvangelist's Avatar

Default Can you hear your horn?

I was riding the other day and simply felt like honking my horn. I didn't hear it! Tried again and again then finally I think I heard it. I let off the gas just a little and could hear it for sure. That worried me just a little, if I can't hear it, can anyone else?

Just for kicks and giggles see if you can hear your horn @ 90 mph. My RPMs were at 4000 With a full face helmet on.
    And all the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by M109rEvangelist View Post
    I was riding the other day and simply felt like honking my horn. I didn't hear it! Tried again and again then finally I think I heard it. I let off the gas just a little and could hear it for sure. That worried me just a little, if I can't hear it, can anyone else?

Just for kicks and giggles see if you can hear your horn @ 90 mph. My RPMs were at 4000 With a full face helmet on.

Install the the airhorn you will love it and is soo easy

In eight years owning this bike, I've not hit the horn button one time. Do not know what it sounds like. Don't care.
    Owned my last bike, a 1981 Honda CBX 16 years, never used the horn once in over 60,000 miles riding it. Took the horns off about a year after I bought the bike, never replaced them.
    Owned a 1972 Suzuki GT 750J concurrently with the CBX, also removed the horns soon after purchase. Like the CBX, they were exposed, visible and FUGLY. Went into the round open top file.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 06-28-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro630hp View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro630hp View Post

Is is that the horn I've seen put in with the headlight?
    And all the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them.

Install a stebal air horn. I did and believe me you can hear it, and so can everyone else, no matter how loud your bike is.
    "One mod at a time. yea right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arod View Post
    Install a stebal air horn. I did and believe me you can hear it, and so can everyone else, no matter how loud your bike is.

Looking into them now

Looking into them now
    Amazon has them and you can get the plug n play wire harness from Rynosback (on this forum) I believe.

Is is that the horn I've seen put in with the headlight?
    yes

you can install Stebel in headlight bucket or under right side cover (right side cover is closer to battery)
    I bought a plug n play harness from rynosback, made install so simple and kept the stock horn in loop as well so you blast both horns
    (and if one fails you still have the other)

check rynoback's signature also, it has lots of great ideas for cheap to free modifications

I cannot hear my horn. I wear a full face with ear plugs. I had a guy in a full size four door 4x4 start to merge into my lane at 75 and I honked then laid into the throttle. He couldn't hear my horn either, because he didn't stop his merge until he saw me bolt ahead of him. Moral of the story: Try not to ride in their blind spot. Sometimes ya can't help it and that's when the throttle speaks volumes.

The air horns are a step up from stock, but they are still not loud enough. I can barely hear my Stebel at freeway speed and it's mounted just above my left ankle. I want my bike to sound like a big rig when I push that button.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

New mod idea........ Train Horn!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    In eight years owning this bike, I've not hit the horn button one time. Do not know what it sounds like. Don't care.
    Owned my last bike, a 1981 Honda CBX 16 years, never used the horn once in over 60,000 miles riding it. Took the horns off about a year after I bought the bike, never replaced them.
    Owned a 1972 Suzuki GT 750J concurrently with the CBX, also removed the horns soon after purchase. Like the CBX, they were exposed, visible and FUGLY. Went into the round open top file.
    Wow, you must live in a perfect world. 😨

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Yes.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'd go with the stebel...love it.

...unless someone has a mount and harness for Trod's idea
    Last edited by 38445; 06-28-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    In eight years owning this bike, I've not hit the horn button one time. Do not know what it sounds like.
    The stock horn, when you can hear it, sounds just like the cartoon character your avatar is always chasing.... beep beep.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    The stock horn, when you can hear it, sounds just like the cartoon character your avatar is always chasing.... beep beep.
    LOL, no chit,,,,,, I have the bad boy airhorn, It gets their attention and mine when I hit the wrong button. Scares da chit out of me LOL

At 139dbl's yes, you can hear my horn and so can others!!
    Go Big or Go Home
    '07 RED -
    Cycle House Big Air intakes, Debadged/Debeavered, PC III, Kuy grips and pegs, 50 watt driving lights, 260 Metz., sport windshield, chrome wheels, Gen III Knight Rider, Drivers Backrest, Dragon Tail Light, Derby and Side Lic Frame, +2 risers, 5" Cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    LOL, no chit,,,,,, I have the bad boy airhorn, It gets their attention and mine when I hit the wrong button. Scares da chit out of me LOL
    I just got my stebel air horn and a wiring harness from Ryan. Received them both on Thursday, but haven't had time to install it yet. I'm going to hold off until I get my radiator grill and do them both at the same time vs pulling it apart twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Wow, you must live in a perfect world. 
    Nope, Oklahoma City is not a perfect world. I ride very aware of my surroundings and who is in them. I have just never found a use for horns, on my bikes or even my cars. I've never used a horn in any of my cages, not once. Usually, IMHO, by the time you need to use the horn the dirty deed has already been done. Or rather than use a horn, I simply take the necessary evasive action and get on with my life.

Know what I hear horns used for the most? Stop light turns green, the person at the light does not IMMEDIATELY move, some ass behind him starts honking his/her horn. WHATEVER! I don't do that shat. Pisses me off actually. I can understand if it gets to be 10 seconds or more. But IMMEDIATELY, give it a rest. Don't know about anyone else, but when a light turns green, I still scan looking for those who run red lights before going.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by TRod View Post
    Yes.

[IMG][/IMG]

awesome!!!

I had my Wolo mounted on the right side until I got an air ride and couldn't hear it at speeds above 60 moved it to the front behind the headlight and can hear it just fine at speeds above 80 although I agree with a previous comment about not riding in the blind spot of others. Too many people distracted with loud music or Bluetooth headsets or texting to notice us even with loud pipes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    I just got my stebel air horn and a wiring harness from Ryan. Received them both on Thursday, but haven't had time to install it yet. I'm going to hold off until I get my radiator grill and do them both at the same time vs pulling it apart twice.
    Smart thinkin bro!!!!! You doing well wit your 9...

Banned

Yes.

[IMG][/IMG]
    OMG, there's those truck horns on a 9,,,,,YIKES<<<<<<< WHAT was this poster thinking OH that's right, he wasn't ......

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    OMG, there's those truck horns on a 9,,,,,YIKES<<<<<<< WHAT was this poster thinking OH that's right, he wasn't ......
    Don't be jealous. If you had some skills you would have done the same.

Banned

Don't be jealous. If you had some skills you would have done the same.
    skills HAAAAAAAAAA, That mess looks like a drunken stupor.............

And here let me bing that for ya,,,,,,

stupor

Use Stupor in a sentence
    stu·por

[stoo-per, styoo-] Show IPA
    noun 1. suspension or great diminution of sensibility, as in disease or as caused by narcotics, intoxicants, etc.: He lay there in a drunken stupor.

2. mental torpor; apathy; stupefaction.

New mod idea........ Train Horn!!

Here you go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260893028707...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And this is the one I have on my bike. I hear it at 90 just fine!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230576424004...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

98% of all Harleys solld are still on the road...the other 2% made it back home

I installed a Stebel airhorn on my bike yesterday. I split the compressor from the horn and installed the compressor under my side cover and install the horn on the front of my bike connected with a hose. Works perfectly! You'll love it.
    Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F, 2003 Honda ST1300, 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black
    Current Bikes: 2007 Yamaha MT-01 & 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere ES

Very Active Member DrDing.Muscle's Avatar

Installed my stebel horn yesterday as well. Put it in the headlight bucket. It's super loud.
    2012 Limited Edition M109R -- Corbin Seats and backrest -- Debaffled stock exhaust -- Yana Shiki 2" Risers -- Debeavered -- A&R 6k HID -- Stebel horn -- XTRE -- ISO Grips -- Scythe Mirrors

M109R Service Manual and other M109R Documents -